[REVIEW] Vsonic GR06: WOW!!!
Jun 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #16 of 104
Quote:

Since you have the EX1000 to tide over, why not send in your ASG-1 to get revised? The improvement is virtually night and day.

That thing is more than tiding me over :wink: just done some pretty extreme a/bing with the ASG and EX1000. I am going to be receiving the filters soon. If i like their effect i will send in. 

Also they are getting sent to Nuckin Futz here to loan swap with his GR07!

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #17 of 104
Jun 1, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #18 of 104
That your opinion, in my opinion it's still glorious and in aspects keeping up with EX1000s.
The reason that he wants to hear them and probably how they are now is that in the current state I rate them very highly. I do not go round reccomending them like I do other earphones but I still rate them as one of my best IEMs.

I will likley get the revision at one stage but you have to take into account how much that might cost to send baçk to the UK. I will get the filters first as after them being sent (they got returned to Dale) as the address was smudged) I can not say I ain't got them but I will have the update. I know it is more than the filters but if they do something to the mids I can not love as much then I may not want to. These are still going to be much used also even with EX1000s as they isolate so well an the Sony's do not being vented.

Anyway although this is my thread, I want people to read an on topic discussion. I will happily continue this discussion but would like to do so on my round up thread (check signature) so if you can quote this and paste to their that'd be great mate!

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #19 of 104
Quote:
That your opinion, in my opinion it's still glorious and in aspects keeping up with EX1000s.
The reason that he wants to hear them and probably how they are now is that in the current state I rate them very highly. I do not go round reccomending them like I do other earphones but I still rate them as one of my best IEMs.
I will likley get the revision at one stage but you have to take into account how much that might cost to send baçk to the UK. I will get the filters first as after them being sent (they got returned to Dale) as the address was smudged) I can not say I ain't got them but I will have the update. I know it is more than the filters but if they do something to the mids I can not love as much then I may not want to. These are still going to be much used also even with EX1000s as they isolate so well an the Sony's do not being vented.
Anyway although this is my thread, I want people to read an on topic discussion. I will happily continue this discussion but would like to do so on my round up thread (check signature) so if you can quote this and paste to their that'd be great mate!

This is the last I'll say as I don't want to further derail your thread. The vocals on the GR07 surpass those of the v1.0 and 1.1 ASG-1. This has been confirmed by several other owners who I've talked to. When you move up to the rev 1.2, the mids become haunting. Songs that made me love my GR07 shine even better on the ASG-1.2. I've sold my GR07 now because of it.

I understand the issue about postage, which is why I'm not really rushing you into the revision. However, it's still something you need to hear.

Sorry for derailing!

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #23 of 104
Haha, I don't care that they are mid-centric, I got scared off by a bad mid-centric iem before. But I ordered these anyway, together with the GR02 Bass edition and Soundmagic ES18 (which are supposed to be E10's in disguise, but waaaaaaay cheaper. Always wanted try the E10's, but got the Pro Alpha's instead, which was recommended by NuckinFutz and is my favourite iem's of all time! But ofcourse i'm most excited about these GR06's. Can't wait to try out a quality mid-centric iem. They were praised and recommended by NF, so I have confidence they will be good.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #24 of 104
Quote:
Haha, I don't care that they are mid-centric, I got scared off by a bad mid-centric iem before. But I ordered these anyway, together with the GR02 Bass edition and Soundmagic ES18 (which are supposed to be E10's in disguise, but waaaaaaay cheaper. Always wanted try the E10's, but got the Pro Alpha's instead, which was recommended by NuckinFutz and is my favourite iem's of all time! But ofcourse i'm most excited about these GR06's. Can't wait to try out a quality mid-centric iem. They were praised and recommended by NF, so I have confidence they will be good.

Out of my collection, Vsonic GR06 is my favourite pair of dynamics to date. I too ordered the GR02 Bass edition and should collect them tomorrow. I want to know if they are as good as what Magicman74 says. But of course sound is subjective and really depends on individual's sonic preference. ES18 forms part of my collection too, like you I grabbed them coz supposedly they are cheaper version of E10.

Enjoy & Cheers!

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #26 of 104

Altough I will continue to define them as mid-centric they are also very close to a warm and sweet signature. Mid-centric is my favourite type of signature and these are very good and that signature, you have nothing to worry about at all. I would probably like to try the GR02 Bass at one stage as well as the GR99 to see how the budget line all stack up but I think that will come another day. The same applies to soundmagic which I have tried nothing of.

Hope you enjoy them all and let me know how they all go. Also remember to not judge until burned in for at least 50 hours and if you can push 100 hours +.

Out of my collection, Vsonic GR06 is my favourite pair of dynamics to date. I too ordered the GR02 Bass edition and should collect them tomorrow. I want to know if they are as good as what Magicman74 says. But of course sound is subjective and really depends on individual's sonic preference. ES18 forms part of my collection too, like you I grabbed them coz supposedly they are cheaper version of E10.

Enjoy & Cheers!

Glad you like them also, let us know how the GR02 stacks up.

I have had my GR06 for about a month now and I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying them.  Good review Swimsonny! I look forward to your upcoming reviews.

Glad you enjoy them and they are as I have said a number of times, very good IEMs. Thanks and there is a lot more on their way, check out my round-up thread to see what I have on the way etc.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #27 of 104
Quote:

Nah isolation is not that bad, slightly off the Crystal, and i am sure if you stick some triple flanges on you will be sweet. I can not see any other earphones at this price competing with these but you nether know whats out their!

ok, thanks. sound better.
as for other options, well, the new audio technica ATH-CKM are making a big fuss here in head-fi, for a close price to the Gr06, you should check that thread

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #28 of 104
Yeh I know value of IEMs is moving on to quickly.
I am aware of all what AT are doing with the CKS-77 and CMK-500 to name a couple. Also JVC have meant to have some awesome budget IEMs cheaper than GR06. So maybe just maybe their are better out their for the price. I will get round to them I am sure at one stage!

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #29 of 104
Quote:
 I would probably like to try the GR02 Bass at one stage as well as the GR99 to see how the budget line all stack up but I think that will come another day. The same applies to soundmagic which I have tried nothing of.

Try the GR02 Bass Edition.  It is  a more refined (in every way) version of the GR99.   Both of them seem to be going for around $30 (I got lucky and purchased mine for $20).

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #30 of 104
Nice review! I've own this iem for about 5 months now and I can say that they do sound great for their price. No problem with the build quality so far and do agree that the vocals on these sound great :) the stock double bi flange gives me the best fit btw... and soundstage. 2c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back