[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE
Nov 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #106 of 137
Quote:
Okay, I can't seem to figure out how to open up the GR02's pouch. Help, anyone?
tongue.gif

LOL It has a clasp mechanism at the top - just squeeze it with hand

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #111 of 137
Quote:
Weird, my bag came with a basic draw string

It's probably from the latest batches and I guess like with the new VC02 Vsonic is now using pouches with a string. You're lucky as the previous spring clasp pouches were totally useless and just a PITA to use.

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #114 of 137
Quote:
Is anyone having trouble with really harsh sibilance on the gr02?
Sometimes it's painful for me to hear...
Maybe burn in will help?

Odd cause I never had any sibilance in my GR02 BE. I'd burn them in and play around with the tips.
FWIW I burned mine in for 50+ hours before using them regularly, I use the large (?) stock tips, cyan colour.  

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #115 of 137
Hopefully I didn't get a defective one or something, because I honestly right now I'm not liking them.
Another problem aside from the piercing sibilance, around the high mids (snare drum, higher male voice range), it sounds like it's coming from a cheap speaker inside a cardboard box...
I'll try to burn them in with some pink noise or frequency sweeps, but I don't know.... I was really expecting more...

Dec 24, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #117 of 137
Quote:

cant second this because i only own the gr06, but isolation is nowhere near as good against westones. (silicone tip comparison)

Can or cant? :)

'Average at best' means 'average is the best they can do and likely will be below average'. Average is around -20dB to -26dB in my book, where most IEM can provide. Westone generally is highly isolated, above -26dB and mostly in the -30dB region. So there is really nothing contradicting your observation and mine and I am not sure what you can't agree on.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #119 of 137
I'm thinking of getting the Vsonic GR01 as I'm starting to dislike the flat cabling of Sony's MH1C. The micro-phonics is really irritating me to the point where I can't really listen to the music while simply walking at a normal pace. 

The dynamic driver of the MH1C has a sound signature that is warm and sweet. When listening to music, it's non-fatiguing, relaxing, very enjoyable and pleasing to my ears. Hence, I'm looking for a similar sound signature. So far the GR01 ticks the right boxes as BA version.

So going to ask those who have both to provide feedback and comments comparing the two.

Steve

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #120 of 137
Is Vsonic gr06 is good for metal/rock and some acoustic genre? Vocal, bass is presence, hear every details and separate instrument? Cause I look at lot of forum, people recommend this for my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back