[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE
Oct 24, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #91 of 137
Quote:
You should try a few pair of Final Audio top end single BA IEM, then the discussion of what really defines 'treble-hot' (or in your case, probably 'way way way.... way too hot') can begin...
wink.gif

Alternatively, I also recommend ER4S with a good amp as my reference point to what a properly done great sparkle should sound like - not saying GR07 is bad, but it is far from being great. BTW, 'great' has nothing to do with quantity, but the quality instead.

Point taken. Thanks, now I know to steer clear of FA. haha So, what in your opinion defines great sparkle? I've always equated it to quantity and extension, but I guess there's more to it.

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #92 of 137
Great sparkle, IMO, is the result of good extension and resolution without graininess or sibilance (*pesky peaks).

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #93 of 137
ClieOS, you dont like the top end on the Gr01? You dont think it has good sparkle and good extension?

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #94 of 137
ClieOS, you dont like the top end on the Gr01? You dont think it has good sparkle and good extension?

I never say GR01 doesn't have good sparkle or extension. The discussion here, however, is about great sparkle and extension.

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #96 of 137
It would be nice if we could have a comparison between ER4S and GR01. I think I may be a fan of super neutral, so-called "analytical, cold" sound; as I'm finding myself enjoying the GR-07 more with the bass gently attenuated; although I've been taking a hacksaw to the gr07's slightly invasive treble, by EQ.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #100 of 137
Oct 25, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #101 of 137
Quote:
Obviously it is a lemon and you should contact the seller for an exchange.

I have contacted them. But seeing as how lendmeurears has a reputation for being very, very slow, I'm not happy.

And I'll probably have to ship it to them, which will end up costing me double the original price of a GR02. Great.

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #102 of 137
Sounds like you need to try the GR01. I have never heard the GR07, but from everything i read the GR01 has less bass quantity, and a smoother treble, with little to no sibilance.

I find no fault at all with the sound of my GR01. I like them a whole lot. I dont consider the GR01 to be cold though, it is analytical and neutral, but i dont find it cold like the hf3. It has just a bit more bass and warmth than the hf3.
Quote:
It would be nice if we could have a comparison between ER4S and GR01. I think I may be a fan of super neutral, so-called "analytical, cold" sound; as I'm finding myself enjoying the GR-07 more with the bass gently attenuated; although I've been taking a hacksaw to the gr07's slightly invasive treble, by EQ.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #103 of 137
Quote:
Sounds like you need to try the GR01. I have never heard the GR07, but from everything i read the GR01 has less bass quantity, and a smoother treble, with little to no sibilance.

I find no fault at all with the sound of my GR01. I like them a whole lot. I dont consider the GR01 to be cold though, it is analytical and neutral, but i dont find it cold like the hf3. It has just a bit more bass and warmth than the hf3.

That's exactly the same impression I'm getting of those IEMs. I might end up selling my gr07 to buy an ER4S or GR01. Thanks :)

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #104 of 137
I just got GR02 bass editions and its a pretty nice sound with nice low end but the top end often seems subdued, almost muffled.  I prefer warm and hate fatiguing and piercing sibilance, so I do like the sound for the most part, but it's just sometimes they seem too held back in the highs, basically like a stereo with the treble all the way down. Using them with the double flange tips they came with they are ok and seal pretty good but not all that comfortable. I Have some air bud tips on the way to try out with them. Also I have to try not to move too much because there is a lot of noise when the cable scrapes or moves across my shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back