[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE
Oct 7, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #76 of 137
While ti is nigh and day, I do fine GR02 bass an overall upgrade over the original GR02.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #77 of 137
Very nice review ClieOS, thank you. I decided to buy a set of GR02's for my Samsung Galaxy S3, and I purchased them here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380376622782?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Can you verify if this is in fact the newest "Bass Edition" ones.  There seems to be a lot of confusion around the net as to which versions people are getting. Oh and of course after the fact I saw the "Lendmeurears" link on ebay which meant I could have got them MUCH faster since I am in the USA and they are authorized dealer. Darn it had already clicked buy it now :frowning2:  Ahh well, live and learn to not be so itchy with the buy it now button, lol.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #78 of 137
Very nice review ClieOS, thank you. I decided to buy a set of GR02's for my Samsung Galaxy S3, and I purchased them here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380376622782?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Can you verify if this is in fact the newest "Bass Edition" ones.  There seems to be a lot of confusion around the net as to which versions people are getting. Oh and of course after the fact I saw the "Lendmeurears" link on ebay which meant I could have got them MUCH faster since I am in the USA and they are authorized dealer. Darn it had already clicked buy it now :frowning2:  Ahh well, live and learn to not be so itchy with the buy it now button, lol.

It should be. I bought a few things from bigbargainonline as well and he is generally trustable.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #80 of 137
Wow, dude! You serously don't have to post this in every vsonic thread. Lendmeurears is an authorised vsonic dealer and a reputable seller - it's not a huge company or something and they sometimes may be slow on the replies but I'm sure they will resolve your issue sooner or later.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #81 of 137
So you're deriding an established company based on it taking a few days to get back to you about a warranty claim? No refusal of warranty service, no lost parcel, nothing like that? And you've spammed multiple threads within hours, before waiting for further input from the company, after establishing your issue?

Yikes.

Quote:
I would offer some caution buying these from lendmeurears.com

My experiences have been posted: http://www.head-fi.org/t/632439/lendmeurears-com-buyer-beware

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #82 of 137
This is an honest account of the issue.  The post is not mean spirited or vengeful. This has not been hours, but days...almost a week now with NO response on any kind.  I would have been satisfied with an apology and an expressed intent to look into this and offer a remedy even if a replacement was not yet in the mail...but no response of any kind has been returned on this issue.

They certainly took my money and thanked me for the order quickly..why can't they respond to a warranty inquiry quickly?

I am a small business owner, and handling a warranty issue in this manner would be unacceptable.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #83 of 137
I would also offer some patience.

Spamming multiple threads is not cool. We can all see your original thread. It's a bummer when stuff breaks.

Give it till the start of next week. Let us know where you are.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #84 of 137
I am a small business owner, and handling a warranty issue in this manner would be unacceptable.

I can understand.

However, if you, as a small business owner, have to close up shop for a couple of days due to some unexpected incident, then only come to find out a customer has went through all the house on the street to warm people that you are not honouring his warranty since the shop was closed for the last few days and he can't get his service, what would you think?

I would think, since you already open up a thread of your own, you should keep it to that thread and keep us updated on the situation. Repeat posting is not always the good thing, especially since you haven't figured the whole situation out yet.

Just my $0.02.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #85 of 137
Thanks for all the comments.  

Please understand, my motivation for posting this was in the interest of 'protecting' we, the head-fi-er community.  My language was non inflammatory or derragatory.. Deliberately, I did not imply that this seller is attempting to deliberately cheat me.. rather an honest explanation that I got a defective product (it happens) and that the seller was/is non responsive.  

As a consumer I would appreciate learning from someone else's experience.  In the same post, I gave praise to the issue that the items I ordered arrived promptly and intact...just trying to explain the facts, good and bad, without any opinion of the sellers' intent.

I will dutifully update my original post as things transpire..hopefully with a positive outcome.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #86 of 137
I'm 40 years old and I've been around the block once or twice with business and internet sales, and I agree with Volumus. I've been in his shoes many times and for some strange reason most people run to the defense of the seller even though I was being more then reasonable. I don't get it. Makes me wonder is the sellers rule the forums? Things that make you go hmmm...

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #87 of 137
I'm 40 years old and I've been around the block once or twice with business and internet sales, and I agree with Volumus. I've been in his shoes many times and for some strange reason most people run to the defense of the seller even though I was being more then reasonable. I don't get it. Makes me wonder is the sellers rule the forums? Things that make you go hmmm...

I am not saying all seller are good. We do see our fair share of bad seller in the forum - however, Lendmeurears does have good reputation in the forum, and the guy who runs the company is the first to bring all the current line of VSONIC out of China when no one else is doing it. That's two years ago and I was there to see it all happened. Second, we (or at least I have) also see our share of being too quick on the posting which ended up in collateral damage due to some misplaced email or misunderstanding. It is neither good for the seller nor the poster. Lastly, the proper netiquette is to keep the same posting into one thread (also a forum rule here not to allow reposting the same post). Since the OP already rises the issue on his own thread, there is simply no need to repost in every other thread. At least not till he finds strong evidence to believe he has been ripped off by the seller and so there is a very good incentive to keep everyone warned.

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #88 of 137
Quote:
None of VSONIC is known to have great sparkle. It just isn't something they will focus on.

I respectfully disagree. Either that's inaccurate or the headphones you consider to have "great sparkle" have way, waayy too much sparkle. On my gr07, I'm actually attenuating the 12kHz band by 6dB and the 16kHz by 4dB. Too much sparkle for the type of music I listen to. As a side note, I'm also slashing the 10kHz band by 10dB, but I don't suppose 10kHz is high enough to generate "sparkle." I find the gr07 too treble-hot, but I guess I'm just not a treblehead. That said, it's not something EQ can't fix, so I'm still in love with my gr07.  =)

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #90 of 137
You should try a few pair of Final Audio top end single BA IEM, then the discussion of what really defines 'treble-hot' (or in your case, probably 'way way way.... way too hot') can begin... :wink:

Alternatively, I also recommend ER4S with a good amp as my reference point to what a properly done great sparkle should sound like - not saying GR07 is bad, but it is far from being great. BTW, 'great' has nothing to do with quantity, but the quality instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back