[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE
Aug 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #46 of 137
Quote:

Try wearing them up with the cable over ear. The angle will be perfect for a deeper insertion and better seal if that's what was casuing the issue.

ClieOs, great infio and perspective on the current line up. GR01 sounds just right from your sescription. I found the B2 etc just a bit too etched. the ue700 sounds a hair upper middy because they compromized the top a hair to much. Sounds like the GR01 is right where I'd like it as well. Build looks spot on as well.

very good suggestion...I did not think of this...will try tomorrow on metro train when I go to work...and post my findings.....

Thanks

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #47 of 137
how is the sparkle on these? like for cymbals?

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #48 of 137
None of VSONIC is known to have great sparkle. It just isn't something they will focus on.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #52 of 137
GR02 without a doubt. Unfortunately none of the a-JAYS series has the SQ to match their build quality. Check out the Concise Multi-IEM Comparison in my sig.

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #53 of 137
Silly question, but what do all these colored ear plugs do? Do they make the sound any different or are they just there for people that like red more than blue? Why are the ones that come stock on the GR02 BE's double layered while the others are single layered? (double mushroom bump thing vs 1 mushroom cap thing).

Are they simply for different ear canal sizes? Different fits?

I hope you can understand what I'm saying. :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #54 of 137
Color are indicators for different size.

Companies like to pack different style and size of eartips with their IEM, since ear canal shape are different from left to right ear and from person to person. Thus more option is generally better, from the consumer's POV. You can of course choose different eartips or buy aftermarket eartips as you wish. Eartips also affect sound quality and isolation so it is simply a case of fit vs. taste vs. performance.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #55 of 137
I need to know two things regarding the GR02 Bass Ed:

1 - How well do they isolate?
2 - Can their treble be harsh?

Besides these two things, whats the main difference between the R02s and R99s? I listen to electro (house, dubstep, trance), hip hop and a bit of pop. Besides music, I'd use these for movies.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #56 of 137
I need to know two things regarding the GR02 Bass Ed:

1 - How well do they isolate?
2 - Can their treble be harsh?

Besides these two things, whats the main difference between the R02s and R99s? I listen to electro (house, dubstep, trance), hip hop and a bit of pop. Besides music, I'd use these for movies.

1.Average at best, depends on the kind of eartips you used. If you want really good isolation, none of VSONIC has it.

2. Not at all.

R02 as in R02 Pro II? Read this (warm + sweet, #32 and 33): http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-rha-ma-350-added-june-23th-2012
Most VSONIC's IEM are generally quite versatile, but at the same price range GR02 Bass is better choice than R02 ProII ann GR99.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #57 of 137
I think the GR01 isolates pretty well, especially with double flange tips.
Quote:
1.Average at best, depends on the kind of eartips you used. If you want really good isolation, none of VSONIC has it.
2. Not at all.
R02 as in R02 Pro II? Read this (warm + sweet, #32 and 33): http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-rha-ma-350-added-june-23th-2012
Most VSONIC's IEM are generally quite versatile, but at the same price range GR02 Bass is better choice than R02 ProII ann GR99.

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #58 of 137
Quote:
2. Not at all.

I was talking about the GR02 Bass Ed. My bad, I got you confused. :p
But anyway, I guess the Bass Eds it is then. How much noise would I be able to hear them with these on? Say, could I hear the doorbell at my home?

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #59 of 137
I was talking about the GR02 Bass Ed. My bad, I got you confused. :p

But anyway, I guess the Bass Eds it is then. How much noise would I be able to hear them with these on? Say, could I hear the doorbell at my home?

That'll depends on how loud and how close your doorbell is :wink: All I can say is it should give you around -20dB of isolation, more or less.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #60 of 137
Itll also depend on how loud your music is playing too.

What kind of isolation do you think the GR01 provides with the supplied double flange tips. It seems close to what i remember my SA6's doing. All i know is a have a 15,000 btu window a/c running in the same room, that is about maybe 8 feet away from me, and with music playing i dont notice it at all. Even with music paused or between songs its barely audible.
Quote:
That'll depends on how loud and how close your doorbell is
wink.gif
All I can say is it should give you around -20dB of isolation, more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back