[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE
May 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #31 of 137
Quote:
Ok Thanks

I do of others that are good for Electronic music but they all cost over £100 and £40 for GR06 sounds bargain if they really are that good.
Plus with price going up it must be popular.

The GR06 Do rock well, guitars and vocals shine, Only thing I wish is they had more Umphhh!!!  They need more punch, it can be too sweet sounding sometimes.
Could be just my preference tho, the Mids can just be a little too far out on some recordings..Still hard to beat really, it's well worth the money!!

May 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #32 of 137
i wonder how you'd rate them in value with the new prices , clieos

I won't change the rating. VSONIC is going by the grab-it-while-it-last policy now for quite thew few soon-to / already discontinued models, they are not in stable situation and any change in rating is just going to be a waste of time because price can change very fast as well.

May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #33 of 137
Quote:
I won't change the rating. VSONIC is going by the grab-it-while-it-last policy now for quite thew few soon-to / already discontinued models, they are not in stable situation and any change in rating is just going to be a waste of time because price can change very fast as well.

+1
Price are really fluctuating in China
Seriously unstable...

someone bought a R02 1 week ago, and now they're half-price.... 

May 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #34 of 137
Quote:
The GR06 Do rock well, guitars and vocals shine, Only thing I wish is they had more Umphhh!!!  They need more punch, it can be too sweet sounding sometimes.
Could be just my preference tho, the Mids can just be a little too far out on some recordings..Still hard to beat really, it's well worth the money!!

Yeah most of my tracks dont have vocals but need bass. Not DnB style bass but there is still a lot more then Rock etc so thats why I wanted a fast and full sounding IEM.
Too late now though as already bought the GR06 for $60!

May 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #35 of 137
Yeah that was me on the R02, I paid $37 shipped to the US, They are now $15.68 on Taobao
The R04 is $31.68 US....
But at least I bought the R99 for $19.99  now they are $39.99 US

Maybe the guys on ebay will lower their prices?, Taobao is too much a hassle for me...

May 11, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #36 of 137
Quote:
Yeah that was me on the R02, I paid $37 shipped to the US, They are now $15.68 on Taobao
The R04 is $31.68 US....
But at least I bought the R99 for $19.99  now they are $39.99 US

Maybe the guys on ebay will lower their prices?, Taobao is too much a hassle for me...

Yeah its crazy.
Do you think I will be disappointed going from Mele M6 to VSonic GR06? In terms of bass and full sound?

May 11, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #37 of 137
Quote:
Yeah its crazy.
Do you think I will be disappointed going from Mele M6 to VSonic GR06? In terms of bass and full sound?

OH man, LOL   the Gr06 are SOOOO  much better..You'll be blown away...I love the M6 as well, but the Vsonics are just a class above..

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #40 of 137
[size=medium]I am having kind of love hate experience with GR02 Bass, [/size]
[size=medium]Love… it for 3D soundstage, good bass and warm sound…almost TF10 soundstage and you can wear them without looking ridiculous[/size]
[size=medium]hate….very poor isolation even on streets…not to mention noisy metro…especially because iphone max volume level for me 33%   [/size]

[size=medium]I feel GR02 nozzle is short and not angled correctly…see blow picture…similar shape klipsch s5i gives me good isolation….[/size]

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #41 of 137
Dear CliOS,

Please kindly help me to compare which is the Old vs GR02 bass Edition:

Freq response : 12-25k Hz vs [size=12pt]10Hz--20000Hz [/size]

which one is the old GR02 and which one is the GR02 Bass Edition?

Thanks!

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #42 of 137
The current production of normal GR02 and the GR02 Bass edition look almost identical, so you can't tell by looking at picture. The last picture you listed are from an early batch, which isn't that same as the current one anymore. Spec are unreliable as well, since different seller tend to quote things differently. You will have look at the box. If it says bass edition, then it is bass edition. Or else, it is normal version.

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #44 of 137
Aug 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #45 of 137
Quote:
[size=medium]I am having kind of love hate experience with GR02 Bass, [/size]
[size=medium]Love… it for 3D soundstage, good bass and warm sound…almost TF10 soundstage and you can wear them without looking ridiculous[/size]
[size=medium]hate….very poor isolation even on streets…not to mention noisy metro…especially because iphone max volume level for me 33%   [/size]

[size=medium]I feel GR02 nozzle is short and not angled correctly…see blow picture…similar shape klipsch s5i gives me good isolation….[/size]

Try wearing them up with the cable over ear. The angle will be perfect for a deeper insertion and better seal if that's what was casuing the issue.

ClieOs, great infio and perspective on the current line up. GR01 sounds just right from your sescription. I found the B2 etc just a bit too etched. the ue700 sounds a hair upper middy because they compromized the top a hair to much. Sounds like the GR01 is right where I'd like it as well. Build looks spot on as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back