Review: Violectric V800 DAC
Jan 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #289 of 828
Thanks John for yet another excellent review!

This dac seems to not garner as much hype attention as some other companies. Personally, I hadn't given Violectric much of a look before this month. Now I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 800/200 combo ... and my disposable income is looking accusingly in your direction.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #290 of 828
Quote:
Thanks John for yet another excellent review!

This dac seems to not garner as much hype attention as some other companies. Personally, I hadn't given Violectric much of a look before this month. Now I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 800/200 combo ... and my disposable income is looking accusingly in your direction.

I think the Violectric V800 does not garner much interest, besides Hong Kong, as it is hard to audition plus upon audition it doesn't shout at you and say, listen to all my digital artifacts and hear how exciting I sound. 

It is a DAC that just sounds correct and has the long lasting appeal once it is in you system. 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!!

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #292 of 828
I think the Violectric V800 does not garner much interest, besides Hong Kong, as it is hard to audition plus upon audition it doesn't shout at you and say, listen to all my digital artifacts and hear how exciting I sound. 

It is a DAC that just sounds correct and has the long lasting appeal once it is in you system. 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!!

Cheers Spkrs. That sounds exactly what I want from a DAC. My only very slight hesitation is with respect to the 88.2 limitation. A few of my favourite albums are 88.2. I would normally be using optical but if my desktop pc ever dies I think USB is the only option on my laptop at the moment.

Not a big concern I guess.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #293 of 828
Quote:
Cheers Spkrs. That sounds exactly what I want from a DAC. My only very slight hesitation is with respect to the 88.2 limitation. A few of my favourite albums are 88.2. I would normally be using optical but if my desktop pc ever dies I think USB is the only option on my laptop at the moment.

Thanks Pudu :)

I actually use the Hiface2 and have no limitations. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #295 of 828
Quote:

laptops tend to have a digital out capability (S/PDIF) from the headphone jack, did u check that

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #296 of 828
I did, but as far as I could determine mine does not :frowning2: .

That's okay, I have a 7 year old macbook which does have that capability which I can fall back on should the need arise. Thanks for the suggestion. I look forwards to your impression of the V-Duo. What cans are you feeding these into?

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #297 of 828
as far as i know i'll be the first to bring the combo, v800 v200, or any of those two, among the loca head-fiers (Trieste in 2 weeks and Zagreb afterward), hope to arouse some interest and eventually lure them to bring as much gear as possible to audition, new to headgear, i must admit that i'm more of a listening room-fier, although starting to appreciate spending more and more into headgear

if anyone from those locations would like to audition, pm me

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #300 of 828
The Dream Team:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back