Review: Violectric V800 DAC
Aug 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #211 of 828
Palikrovol..why don't you go to the source and ask that question.  Go to the Violectric website and ask Fried Reim what he thinks about the pre-amp. I know it is in his best interest to  sell you something ..but I found Fried to be very low key and knowledgable without out an attitude in anyway. Just a thought. More info is better from a variety of sources....but Fried knows his equipment and is a straight shooter. (There is a little language barrier there, but he handles that very well, too).
Hope that is helpful.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #212 of 828
Quote:
Palikrovol..why don't you go to the source and ask that question.  Go to the Violectric website and ask Fried Reim what he thinks about the pre-amp. I know it is in his best interest to  sell you something ..but I found Fried to be very low key and knowledgable without out an attitude in anyway. Just a thought. More info is better from a variety of sources....but Fried knows his equipment and is a straight shooter. (There is a little language barrier there, but he handles that very well, too).
Hope that is helpful.

Thanks Infrared,

I will write him.
Regards

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #213 of 828
Fried talking about the V800 a bit:

http://www.aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.php?p=33188#p33188

very interesting

google translate:

For Violectric V800 I would like to contribute for once.

There is a great uncertainty about how it sounds for now.
Well, we have done everything that he does not sound.
Sound is a very subjective matter, the one like something that does not like the other.

Basically, we go with the design of our equipment before so that we measure first and then listen.
Only when improving the FFT spectrum can no longer are we satisfied.
And to include a "UPL" from Rohde & Schwarz and two "D-Scope III" by Prism Sound available.
There are 4 analog and 2 digital storage of Texas Instruments.

Significant differences in sound, there should be not in "good" actually DACs, marginal already.

Why is that?
If we augehen them arriving a perfect digital signal
then convert all "premium device" at a high level with the same chips.
Namely PCM1792 and AD1955 and derivatives and derivatives.
Somewhat lower quality found CS4398 or PCM1793.
Theoretically, there is still the top about it ESS9012/9018.
We have just the test and unfortunately he does not behave really better than PCM1792 ...

The transducer, it can not be the.
The analog output is the key.
Here is filtered, buffered, amplified.
And here all manufacturers work a little differently.

If this is found in the thread that you need when no line-V800 driver to operate further away boxes, it is because that has the V800 really about professional outputs.
The matches will be driven over the radio in sometimes even 300 meters cable.
This requires a very low impedance outputs that are at the V800 level adjustable and remain low. A feature which some devices in the market obviously missing.

All modern converters have power outputs, so they must necessarily use the inverting inputs of an operational amplifier. Bandwidth is not required, on the contrary, because here also still the same, the low pass is that filters out any high frequency noise of the converter.
At this point we do not have the same tension drying on the signal because of the D / A converter is only one voltage (3.3V or 5V), the analog output electronics but with + / 15 - 18 V.
A conventional D / A converter chip has an output voltage of up incidentally +8 dB = 2.5 volts.

After the filtering stage at Violectric is the level matching - unfortunately in the unit because the circuit is so sensitive that they do not like long lines.
Here Ausgangsspanungen of +24, 18, +15, +12, +6 dBu are set for the digital full scale. The above values ​​are for the balanced output.
Because of the unbalanced output has its own independent drivers, here are always at 9 dB lower level. Next is active in the level adjustment stage the dc offset of the transducer eliminated - without Elko!

It follows the balanced output signal in the same way as we do it 100,000 times for radio, television and studios - with low resistance and excellent value for THD, frequency response, dynamics, common-mode rejection.
As mentioned above, there are before [/ url] the balancer a bran...[i]Greeting[/i] [i]Fried[/i] [/quote]

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #214 of 828
Hi,

I've wrote Fried asking about the internal amplifier and the possibility to use both outputs at the same time.
Here the answer:

Code:
 Hello Ramon, thank you for your interest in our products. Both analog outputs from DAC V800 are intended to be used simultaneously. So it is no problem to run both, a headphone amp (hopefully one of ours ;-) and the speaker amp. The analog circuitry and theoutput amps from V800 are from superior quality and among the best you can find. So you must not fear any limitations in sound or quality. ... Greetz Fried

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #215 of 828
Quote:
Hi,

I've wrote Fried asking about the internal amplifier and the possibility to use both outputs at the same time.
Here the answer:

Code:

I have been using the V800 for this very purpose recently - XLR out to the Emotiva Airmotiv5 active monitors, and RCA out to the matching Violectric V200 amp. I just turn off the V200 when I'm not using headphones, or turn off the speakers when necessary. Very convenient. 

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #217 of 828
At the moment I am using the V800 to source the V200 via XLR and the L3/LLP via RCA.

I am about to buy another amp and will probably maintain the XLR connection to the V200, but will use the the RCA connection to the new amp. On the V200, I will reverse the RCA input to output by the internal pins and continue sourcing the L3/LLP this way.

Love the versatility of the Violectric products!!!

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #220 of 828
You are welcome Infrared,
After all, all i have done is write an email and ask you all too many questions
wink.gif

Finally i ordered de V800 from thomann.de here in europe, i hope it arrives next week.

I will let you know if i can find differences from my Xonar Essence ST (I hope I do).

Regards

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #221 of 828
Palikroval...since I am "new" I have nothing to compare the V800 to...
All I know is that the V800, the V200 and my LCD-2's sound good to me...nor am I familiar with a Xonar Essence ST...but it will be interesting to see what you have to say.
I will have some more input in Oct...in way of comparison...(the bug has bit! LOL!)...I am putting together a little tube amp set up together (for speakers...not headphones primarily),...I will be using an iPad and a Woo Audio WTP-1 CD Transport...both will need a DAC in between them and the Tube Amp.
.sooooooo...I put myself on the waiting list for the next batch of Anedio D2's....There is a headphone amp inside the D2 Which is supposed to be really good.
I will want to do some headphone comparisons with the D2 thru the V200 and a comparison of the D2 Headphone amp to the Violectrics!...should be an interesting learning experience...AND..I will have good sound in two different rooms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back