Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Nov 19, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #227 of 625

Quote:
Just placed an order for these baby today.
Now the excruciating 7 weeks wait begins.

Opted for customs art on translucent black shells.

I have a feeling that these would suit me better than my previous Westone ES5.
Can't wait...

Through Stero or Directly?

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #228 of 625

Quote:
Through Stero or Directly?

Through Stereo. Lead time is 7 weeks. Apparantly it's very busy times for UM due to X'mas holidays and the global promos.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #229 of 625

Quote:
It will be worth the wait. Just wait till you pair it with the Twag 
etysmile.gif

I'll be pairing mine with Moon Audio Silver Dragon. Exciting start to 2012.

How's your rig sounding these days Randius?

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #230 of 625

Quote:
Oh, interesting - there's a great many people on the board who are curious about comparisons between the Miracle and the ES5 - may I ask what it is about the ES5 that you are hoping the Miracle will be different from?

Mostly, from reading around the board (and as others, who've also read around the board, have noted), there are two characteristics that seem to be spoken of:

ES5 allegedly does not have large soundstage as one of it's 'strong' points (YMMV), whereas Miracle apparently has.
Miracle allegedly has a midband that is not as 'lush' as the ES5's - some claim that ES5 is therefore better suited to vocals (YMMV)

Or is there some other reason you hope the Miracle will please your taste more than the ES5..?

Hey Mython, good day to ya. My short analysis on ES5 and what I hope to get from Miracle is as below.

I've lived with ES5 on a daily basis for a year, so I can say I know the sound signature of ES5 very well.

For vocal, there's no customs I would recommend more than ES5. Westone has the magic going on for the mids, so there are no challengers WRT the mids, be it JH13 or Miracle. Period.
ES5 has the characteristic of BA for the bass. The bass is both tight and punchy. But somehow, the decay is so slightly lengthier compared to JH13 and Miracle (both of which I heard on demos). This slightly lingering decay of the bass makes it very nice and satisfying to listen to.
The soundstage of ES5 is not wide. I personally feel that it's quite intimate. BUT, the depth that ES5 achieves in soundstage is quite astounding to me.
For me, these are the strengths of ES5.

The treble of ES5 extends quite high and is extremely smooth. But somehow, it lacks a bit of sparkle and life to me.
Clarity and transparency for the ES5 ranks quite highly. However, I personally feel that the clarity and transparency is so ever slightly veiled by it's magical and lush mids.
Comparing the clarity and transparency of ES5 to my universal EX-1000, the details, clarity and transparency came through more naturally with EX-1000.

So, after auditioning the Miracle, I knew what was lacking in my ES5. That bit of transparency and clarity that yearns to be presented in a more natural way without being veiled by the mids. Also, the Miracle came across as a more neutral and balanced IEM and the wider, yet same depth of soundstage also helped in the decision to get the Miracle. I would have loved to keep the ES5 and at the same time get the Miracle, but I simply couldn't justify owning 2 pairs of customs while also having EX-1000 and ESW9 recabled with TWag V2.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #231 of 625

Hey Mython, good day to ya. My short analysis on ES5 and what I hope to get from Miracle is as below.

I've lived with ES5 on a daily basis for a year, so I can say I know the sound signature of ES5 very well.

For vocal, there's no customs I would recommend more than ES5. Westone has the magic going on for the mids, so there are no challengers WRT the mids, be it JH13 or Miracle. Period.
ES5 has the characteristic of BA for the bass. The bass is both tight and punchy. But somehow, the decay is so slightly lengthier compared to JH13 and Miracle (both of which I heard on demos). This slightly lingering decay of the bass makes it very nice and satisfying to listen to.
The soundstage of ES5 is not wide. I personally feel that it's quite intimate. BUT, the depth that ES5 achieves in soundstage is quite astounding to me.
For me, these are the strengths of ES5.

The treble of ES5 extends quite high and is extremely smooth. But somehow, it lacks a bit of sparkle and life to me.
Clarity and transparency for the ES5 ranks quite highly. However, I personally feel that the clarity and transparency is so ever slightly veiled by it's magical and lush mids.
Comparing the clarity and transparency of ES5 to my universal EX-1000, the details, clarity and transparency came through more naturally with EX-1000.

So, after auditioning the Miracle, I knew what was lacking in my ES5. That bit of transparency and clarity that yearns to be presented in a more natural way without being veiled by the mids. Also, the Miracle came across as a more neutral and balanced IEM and the wider, yet same depth of soundstage also helped in the decision to get the Miracle. I would have loved to keep the ES5 and at the same time get the Miracle, but I simply couldn't justify owning 2 pairs of customs while also having EX-1000 and ESW9 recabled with TWag V2.

Regarding the mid, did Miracle sound more recessed for you? I hear from people that es5 has a better mid but how is Miracle's mid different?

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #232 of 625
Ok, guys, I haven't actually gotten my Miracle.
All comparisons made are of my former Westone ES5 against demo sets of JH13 and Miracle that I auditioned extensively.

Coming from the mids of ES5, any other earphones' mids are gonna be not so lush and full.
If I have to quantify by numbers, Miracle's mids are about 70% of ES5's lushness and fullness.
Yet, Miracle's mids sound clearer, more transparent and more natural.

And no, I personally do not feel that Miracle's mids are recessed by any means.

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #233 of 625
anyone ever tried the alo continental with these? probably wouldnt work b/c of the miracles low impedance, but still curious.  Some IEM users foud this amp excellent even though its not made for IEM's
thanks

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #234 of 625
Sent in my moulds yesterday. I hope I can get it before February -_-;

As for the ES-5 / Miracle debate, I find that I like as much detail and clarity as possible - with no particular section of sound overpowering the other. This allows me to manually focus on the sound which I find to be pleasing.

I haven't heard the ES5 before, but from the demo Miracles that I tried, I feel that they satisfied this criteria for me.

So, I ordered it ^^.

Cant wait for it to come!

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #235 of 625
My Miracles shipped today!  They shipped 36 days after they were received by UM.  This was within the parameters of their estimated ship time. 
amazingly Fedex says that they will make it from China to my doorstep in podunk Virginia by this Friday!  Wouldnt that be nice!

Photos and impressions coming soon!

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #236 of 625

Quote:
My Miracles shipped today!  They shipped 36 days after they were received by UM.  This was within the parameters of their estimated ship time. 
amazingly Fedex says that they will make it from China to my doorstep in podunk Virginia by this Friday!  Wouldnt that be nice!

Photos and impressions coming soon!

were you part of the group buy? yea pics would be awesome!

I wonder when us Aus launch guys will get theirs... doubt if it'll be before xmas but hopefully it'll come in time for the summer hols...

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #239 of 625
6 weeks turn around time? And I've been wishing for a Christmas present for the first time since I was about 5 :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back