[Review] UM Merlin, FS MG6Pro, AKG K3003
Aug 7, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #182 of 243
Great review on the K3003! I have hope that the future VSONIC GR08 can achieve the same level of performance of the K3003, but at a fraction of the price! That K3003 pricetag is also too high for me... 
wink.gif

Also, I'd really like to read your impressions about the new Heir Audio 4.Ai in the near future! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #185 of 243
I'll post some more impressions in a few days and eventually a review but here is how I answered a question in the TG334 main thread:

That is a lovely combination. How well are the two paired??

Excellently. The easiest way to describe it is that together they don't have a sound signature to me; just revealing.

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #186 of 243
Some early tg334 impressions:

If you were to just stick the tg334 in my ears and didn't tell me what it was, I don't think I'd be able to tell you it's a multi-BA with any kind if confidence. It has a lot of dynamic driver qualities to me. Fluid, even organic.

Versus the k3003, I'd say like the k3003 treble better; I just love that brassy tonality but the tg334 is more resolving to me. The tg334 sounds 'bigger'. The soundstage is very tall to me. While I don't get the impression of a super wide soundstage like an ex1000 it still seems so much bigger from top to bottom and so... 'roomy'. The Merlin is gone but it rivals, if not bests the Merlin here.

Imaging is fantastic. Best mids I've heard. What a special earphone.

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #188 of 243
Universal or custom? I think you've hit all the top universals with the monitor sound. There are a few that are soon to be released to keep an eye out for: Vsonic GR08, Cardas Mirror and Aurisonics ASG-2.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #189 of 243
Quote:
Some early tg334 impressions:
If you were to just stick the tg334 in my ears and didn't tell me what it was, I don't think I'd be able to tell you it's a multi-BA with any kind if confidence. It has a lot of dynamic driver qualities to me. Fluid, even organic.
Versus the k3003, I'd say like the k3003 treble better; I just love that brassy tonality but the tg334 is more resolving to me. The tg334 sounds 'bigger'. The soundstage is very tall to me. While I don't get the impression of a super wide soundstage like an ex1000 it still seems so much bigger from top to bottom and so... 'roomy'. The Merlin is gone but it rivals, if not bests the Merlin here.
Imaging is fantastic. Best mids I've heard. What a special earphone.

Considering their price, which one do you think is a better deal as a better allrounder?

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #191 of 243
I am happy with my akg 3003i's and argo rythm solo dac and alo mk3 amp and have stopped looking at in ears now,to me these have got the perfect balance between reference sound quality and the bass is spot on , so for me i think that's a rap!

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #194 of 243
Quote:
Not yet. Still patiently waiting.

[size=10pt]His are getting finished up. He has waited patiently for our new handmade dynamic drivers and for us to work through some technical hurdles with the drivers and a new aesthetic option his has on it. These will be the first of their kind from us. We look forward to hearing his impressions of the AS-2. [/size]

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #195 of 243
Quote:
[size=10pt]His are getting finished up. He has waited patiently for our new handmade dynamic drivers and for us to work through some technical hurdles with the drivers and a new aesthetic option his has on it. These will be the first of their kind from us. We look forward to hearing his impressions of the AS-2. [/size]

Awesome news, the excitement is building!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back