[Review] UM Merlin, FS MG6Pro, AKG K3003
Apr 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #61 of 243

Quote:
What would happen if I used the Merlin with a Fiio E17?  

Well, depending on your computer's HO it will sound better and you can EQ it too.  I only had the E17 for a few days but it improved the output of my computer with multiple armature earphones.

Quote:
Do you use your customs on the go? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you want to use universals when leaving the house more often?

Yes, I do usually once or twice a week but mainly that's what I bought the UM3x to do.  I have no problem using them on the go and the improved isolation is nice; It's worrying about them in my office when I have to go to meetings that's bothersome (even though they are locked up).

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #66 of 243
Dying to hear this comparison! Ive decided I want either the merlin or mg6. I do prefer the idea of the hybrid but I will wait for the comparison. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #69 of 243
Unfortunately it's going to take longer before the comparison takes place.  After receiving them today, I still have a couple of issues with the rebuild and will need to send them back again, however I think and hope they will be pretty simple to fix.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #72 of 243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back