REVIEW: Travagans "Green", "Red" and "White" with "Colors" thrown in for good measure. Update: Travagans Black
Aug 29, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #181 of 185
yeaa this is the one i have now, its just kind of inconvenient, but ohhh well.

3867136122_183b9eaba3.jpg

May 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #183 of 185

Quote:
Was thinking about getting one and am now convinced

Take a look at this recent photo of my main rig, and you'll see my Travagans Red with OPA627 opamps is still hooked up next to the ZDT!  Compared to the other two amps that cost 10x to 20x more it's not totally embarrassed, although they definitely outperform the Red without a doubt.  But for the hour that it takes for the tube amps to completely warm up I can still easily enjoy my music with high-end headphones.  

Notice the Stax SRD-7 Mk2 to the left of the WES amp, which is hooked up to the Red so that I can listen to electrostatics while the WES amp warms up.  I think that says something right there.  (the Luxman and HDP in the photo were there only for working on my Luxman review before sending it back)

May 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #184 of 185
Quote:
Take a look at this recent photo of my main rig, and you'll see my Travagans Red with OPA627 opamps is still hooked up next to the ZDT!  Compared to the other two amps that cost 10x to 20x more it's not totally embarrassed, although they definitely outperform the Red without a doubt.  But for the hour that it takes for the tube amps to completely warm up I can still easily enjoy my music with high-end headphones.  

Notice the Stax SRD-7 Mk2 to the left of the WES amp, which is hooked up to the Red so that I can listen to electrostatics while the WES amp warms up.  I think that says something right there.  (the Luxman and HDP in the photo were there only for working on my Luxman review before sending it back)

That's awesome, glad to see that it remains in your collection with much more expensive equipment and is still being used! Though I am getting a Green, not a Red. This is my first real amp, should I try and put in different opamps other than the stock ones?

May 25, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #185 of 185

Quote:
That's awesome, glad to see that it remains in your collection with much more expensive equipment and is still being used! Though I am getting a Green, not a Red. This is my first real amp, should I try and put in different opamps other than the stock ones?

I would try it stock first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back