Review: Thinksound TS02+mic - an Exercise in Relaxation
Mar 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #62 of 75
Quote:
@Joker, Could you please let me know if TS02 will be an upgrade from M2? I'm having M2 and I really like it but if TS02 will be an upgrade from M2 then I will grab it

I wouldn't call it a straight-up upgrade. The M2 is the same as the ViSang R03, which I compared to the Thinksound on the first page of this thread. The newer MS01 model is more of an upgrade if you like a slightly v-shaped sound. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #63 of 75
Quote:
I wouldn't call it a straight-up upgrade. The M2 is the same as the ViSang R03, which I compared to the Thinksound on the first page of this thread. The newer MS01 model is more of an upgrade if you like a slightly v-shaped sound. 

Thanks for ur opinion. I am more inclined towards M2 like sound (mids and not v-shaped)...and thats why I'm sceptical about TS02

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #64 of 75
Quote:

Thanks for ur opinion. I am more inclined towards M2 like sound (mids and not v-shaped)...and thats why I'm sceptical about TS02

You might want to go in a different direction for you upgrade, then - maybe something like a Sunrise Xcape IE (if you don't mind the build quality) or VSonic GR06.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #65 of 75
Thanks for your opinion

Anyways I have ordered Thinksound TS02 from amazon.com but I'm worried about shipping as I'm from India

Not sure when it will get delivered and also not sure about RMA if in case any quality issue occurs

I wanted to buy Monster MDT but since due to high cost and quality issues I was holding my purchase but after you compared TS02 with MDT I am more eager to listen to TS02

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #67 of 75
Quote:
I received thinksound ts02+mic from amazon.com

@joker, for me the highs are little more fatigue when compared to Brainwavz M2. Does it need burn-in?

The M2 highs are quite smooth, I don't think the TS02 ever gets to that level of smoothness and always sounds a little v-shaped. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #68 of 75
After around 40 hours burn-in, Thinksound TS02 sounds little bit similar to M2 but not as soft as Joker said

But right now I"m listening through my office Dell Desktop with crappy on board sound card (as I don't have any other source now) but Thinksound TS02 really forgives source and recording. I LIKE THAT

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #69 of 75
having recently caught this disorder, i've cycled through a number of iems in the $50-100 range and keep coming back to the ts-02s. while, as others have noted they're bass-forward and consequently less "accurate" or balanced than some of their more celebrated peers (etymotic, vsonic, etc.), i submit that the ts-o2s rule for several reasons:
1. they're imminently user-friendly-- comfortable as hell, less sensitive to placement/tips;
2. they're very easy to drive with a mobile phone and don't require an external amp;
3. they make everything (even lousy compressed mp3 files) sound good; not so ruthlessly revealing as make poor-quality sources unlistenable;
4. the low end is very palpable without sounding artifically boosted or mucking up the rest of the spectrum; and
5. they have very responsive customer service ( i don't care particularly about the made-in-the-us/enviro-friendly thing--i figure kids in those chinese sweatshops need to eat, too--but i'm a sucker for good business).

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #75 of 75
I quite like my pair. They're not the most refined sound but they're affordable, versatile and non-fatiguing. And the sound profile is great for an IEM, where you might need more bass to compete with outdoor noise. I wish the treble was smoother but at least they scale well enough with nicer source music or gear. For $40, they way outperform the Soundmagic E10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back