REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!
Oct 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #62 of 253
contacted David at Frogbeats & we sealed a deal for a set of C4s. will be searching for a good audiologist locally to make my moulds early next week so i should be an owner sometime next month.

FWIW David was fab with communications & seems great to deal with. i hope the Frogbeats are all that LFF says it is 
etysmile.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #63 of 253
Quote:
what is the individual discount price?

15% - 20%. Fire me a PM if you want to know more or ask the questions here and I'll try and answer them.

I thought I could direct you guys to this site, as I'd like some more extensive feedback on it before it is officially launched (do note that payment system is in sandbox mode, so no payments can be taken)
http://customstest.frogbeats.com/order

Basically, we've created our own CIEM creator which will allow you to see the general finish of the CIEM being built. Of course, we don't have images for everything and it doesn't have all the options, but I wanted to show you guys to hear what you think of the system.

If people are looking for a group buy, and it does go through, then we'll be looking at an 8 week lead time to fulfil all the orders (so they are all completed together).

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #64 of 253
^^I see that someone is setting ajax async to false. Not really recommended.

It freezes up the whole browser before the image is loaded for shells or faceplate.

Better use callback.

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #65 of 253
Quote:
^^I see that someone is setting ajax async to false. Not really recommended.

It freezes up the whole browser before the image is loaded for shells or faceplate.

Better use callback.

You are most certainly correct. Rather than doing that I've just changed how the initial images are loaded and moved it to a database query first rather than a javascript call. Wasn't really thinking when I set out the original default actions.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #66 of 253
Quote:
I'm guessing people haven't talked about them because I got the first one. They are that new.

The shells are very pretty and the pics don't do them justice. I have heard a few CIEM's and own a UE10 Pro. The C4 sounds like a UERM but with better detail, better transparency and MUCH better soundstage. The C4 images like crazy.

I'm currently in the market for some CIEMs and was going to get the UM Mage. Was wondering if you've heard the UM Mage and how does the C4 Compare.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #67 of 253
Quote:

I'm currently in the market for some CIEMs and was going to get the UM Mage. Was wondering if you've heard the UM Mage and how does the C4 Compare.

I heard a universal Mage.

Doesn't even come close to the C4.

The C4 sounded much more linear and defined. The 3D soundstage on the C4 has no equal in the custom world thus far.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #68 of 253
Quote:
I heard a universal Mage.

Doesn't even come close to the C4.

The C4 sounded much more linear and defined. The 3D soundstage on the C4 has no equal in the custom world thus far.

Hey LFF, did you hear the UM Miracle? if you did, can you give me some comparison?, i'm on the verge of ordering either the  Miracle or UERM and you review pushed me toward the C4. I have emailed  David and He is very great to deal with and the the discount is very encouraging too :D

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #69 of 253
Quote:
Which one did you go for? I also have the Heir 4A.i, which is fantastic, but it becomes uncomfortable after few hours despite trying tons of various tips. 
frown.gif
  I also find the treble's sparkle very slightly overdone. Waiting for comparison.....

I probably haven't quite gone through the range of tips you have on the 4.Ai. I found a pair of the stock tips that worked reasonably well for my ears and stuck with it. I haven't had any troubles with the treble, my only significant complaint lies with the lack of... "liveliness" with rock music. Not liveliness as in colored, mind you, just the feeling of "this is ROCK music" that good rock songs always convey to me. For some reason, it just doesn't hit me like most headphones do.

I also find it to be a tad on the uncomfortable side for significant long term listening. Not a huge gripe of mine, but I do hope customs offer significantly more comfort. Will give you a comparison of the two after I receive my C4s!  

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #72 of 253
@ zimmerx

What material is it made out of?

Also, how do you expect to cope with the surge of demand? I mean, say if now you are taking 20 orders a day but in two weeks time this increases to 100- how does this impact turnover time??
Sorry if that sounds mean or direct, but I would be concerned about this as last time ordering customs I got into a bit of a muddle, put it that way. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #73 of 253
Medical grade acryllic.

Okay, that question does delve into certain areas most companies wouldn't divulge on, but hey ho, lets give the question a go!

Turnover time right now is at 3-5 weeks which gives us enough of a leeway to cover most influxes of orders. Now I take your point about the influx, especially as this is a very positive review from a new company on the CIEM market, HOWEVER, given the current economic status, your numbers are quite a bit off. Actually, quite a bit doesn't even cut it. Trust me, those numbers you have quoted are incredibly lucrative, even for the biggest of CIEM companies. I'm sure that with sort of order influx we would have to increase our production time, but trust me, it will never reach such a level. So lets say the order influx is still "relatively" large in normal CIEM ordering terms, even then our production time quote allows for that, and we've got it covered for now. For any group buy we will quote 8 weeks to make sure all the preparation for a large order is in place, so individual orders aren't affected. 

Realistically, if we were very lucky and such an order influx came in, we'd improvise and make sure we can cover that time frame or close. If not we would clearly state it before any ordering takes place. I'm very aware that such a time frame can be problematic for some (even myself, I'm impatient when it comes to buying products... NEED THEM NOW :wink: ) so we've tried our best to give an accurate time frame. Things can change, **** can happen, but we'll try and be upfront about anything and if it does cause serious trauma then I am sure we can discount further or support the extra time needed with a good justification. 

At the end of the day, as much as I wish numbers like that were true, the current economy of this world doesn't allow it. Just read some of the comments on here, even though people really want to buy them, they can't afford to just now. Hell if I wanted to I couldn't just now. 

We'll try and be as open about every area of the company as is possible without damaging our own name, so please don't apologise if you think it's a direct question. I'd much rather you hit out with it than let it annoy the back of your mind and leave you indecisive. I hope I've managed to answer the question without beating around the bush too much.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #74 of 253
Sorry, them numbers were just anything random. They weren't meant to be accurate. Of course, a new CIEM company isn't going to be taking in 20 orders per day- it's not that kind of market. I guess it's like a niche within a niche within a niche! (headfi & custom IEM's & European based as opposed to american)

Anyway, your response answers the question I had so thanks for that. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #75 of 253
Quote:
Sorry, them numbers were just anything random. They weren't meant to be accurate. Of course, a new CIEM company isn't going to be taking in 20 orders per day- it's not that kind of market. I guess it's like a niche within a niche within a niche! (headfi & custom IEM's & European based as opposed to american)

Anyway, your response answers the question I had so thanks for that. 

Ahh, threw me off a bit there! Fair enough, well at least I answered the question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back