REVIEW | TDK BA200 | 'BACK TO BLACK'
Apr 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #137 of 174
Guys I need some help from those who have the BA200.

With regards to the chin slider when I push it up to the earphones, the cables are flushed or parallel.

Yet when I push it down to the end, it becomes like this. I seem to recall that it was flushed or parallel as well when I first got it. It's not really possible to twist the cables to be parallel again as the hole is too small to twist so how did it change from parallel to twisted.
Anyone else got this problem or is it just me?

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #138 of 174
Push the Y-splitter and rest of the cable into the 'hole' (flip it inside and loop it out).

If the cable get even more twisted, flip the Y-splitter and cable the other way two times.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #139 of 174

Quote:
Push the Y-splitter and rest of the cable into the 'hole' (flip it inside and loop it out).
If the cable get even more twisted, flip the Y-splitter and cable the other way two times.

Thanks ClieOS!
The solution was so simple yet I couldn't figure out until your post.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #140 of 174
I have a warranty question.  I've been leaving these towards the end of my list because I wasn't sure if I should be worried about the warranty (at the $200+ range, I like the sound of it!) and where these would have to go?  I'm in the states.  This is mainly what's pushing me towards Shure as opposed to this or the GR01.  If anyone can comment I'd appreciate it.  Thank you 
redface.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #141 of 174

Quote:
I have a warranty question.  I've been leaving these towards the end of my list because I wasn't sure if I should be worried about the warranty (at the $200+ range, I like the sound of it!) and where these would have to go?  I'm in the states.  This is mainly what's pushing me towards Shure as opposed to this or the GR01.  If anyone can comment I'd appreciate it.  Thank you 
redface.gif

I don't think these are available in the states yet(correct me if I'm wrong) so you might have an issue with warranty. If you are buying from Singapore stores(online or B&M) you can refer to the contact below

Singapore (South Asia Head Office)  
top00004.gif
Imation Singapore Pte Ltd
151 Lorong Chuan 
#02-02 New Tech Park (Lobby B) 
Singapore 556741 
Tel : 65-6499 7199 
Fax : 65-6499 7150 
Genera : imnmktg_sg@imation.com
Technical : sghelp@imation.com
Career : SG_HRrecruit@imation.com

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #142 of 174

Quote:
I don't think these are available in the states yet(correct me if I'm wrong) so you might have an issue with warranty. If you are buying from Singapore stores(online or B&M) you can refer to the contact below

Singapore (South Asia Head Office)  
top00004.gif
Imation Singapore Pte Ltd
151 Lorong Chuan 
#02-02 New Tech Park (Lobby B) 
Singapore 556741 
Tel : 65-6499 7199 
Fax : 65-6499 7150 
Genera : imnmktg_sg@imation.com
Technical : sghelp@imation.com
Career : SG_HRrecruit@imation.com

You're correct - it's a vendor in Taiwan I was looking at.  Sadly, I think I might go for the Shure's at this point.  I'm not hard on my electronics but it's not to say something couldn't happen.  Hopefully I can try them once they are finally in the states. Well, I guess I could ask if anyone's run into any trouble?  I don't know how long they've been available so it really could be too soon to tell.  They're certainly not the TF10 or the UE700 
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #143 of 174
I think the build quality is pretty good and the strain relief although short are very sturdy. Unless you get a lemon then I would think these can last quite a while.
I'm unsure about the price you are getting from Taiwan but there don't seem to an address listed so warranty might be an issue. I feel that a physical office for RMA/repairs is a little bit more reassuring.

Perhaps you can drop an email to TDK and ask when the States will be getting this so you can plan your purchase.
gs1000.gif

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #144 of 174
Something interesting: they are listed on Barnes and Nobles website.  I actually got there through a link on the TDK site to locate a dealer.  There's no pic and no information but they have a place-holder spot.  Too bad they aren't up or that would be a great solution since I have gift cards, lol. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #145 of 174
Support ain't responding on emails.. do you have any contact numbers? please can you share it if you have one ?
Quote:
Right guys quick update, a couple of days after my order I heard nothing, sent them an email about my order and they said they were out of stock and back after Easter. Will give it a few more days to see what happens. Before I go in and demand my monies back! 

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #146 of 174
Unfortunately, it's all too common for import websites to list products as being in stock despite their being out-of-stock. Or the classic "usually ships in 1 to 3 days!" bit. Often times these websites don't keep any stock, and will only place an order with the distributor when you place yours. That's why you should always e-mail asking if something is in stock before paying. It saves you the hassle of having to wait for these guys to refund your money.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #148 of 174
Apr 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #149 of 174
AIKO Trading is reliable, but overpriced. Their communication is also a bit lax (for instance they sent me an entirely different IEM because the one I ordered was out of production, and they didn't even ask about it first). I'd recommend Stereo :

http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/product.php?cPath=209_394&products_id=1480

That's where I got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back