Review Tago Studio T3-01
Sep 14, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #46 of 124
Not sure this thread is still alive, but just order one from Japan with record Yen to USD FX rate.
It's a steal at the current asking price. I purchased mine recently but paid about $50 more than what it is now. I thought that was a steal compared to before.

Sep 14, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #48 of 124
It's a steal at the current asking price. I purchased mine recently but paid about $50 more than what it is now. I thought that was a steal compared to before.
Thanks! How was your purchase experience? I ordered mone from cd Japan but it is back ordered and I am not even sure when I can get it let alone if it is available.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #51 of 124
Thanks! How was your purchase experience? I ordered mone from cd Japan but it is back ordered and I am not even sure when I can get it let alone if it is available.
Mine shipped 5 or 6 days after I placed an order from cdjapan, so it was within the advertised 5-10 day window. Now I'm awaiting second shipment for spare parts, two extra sets of earpads and an extra headband.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #52 of 124
Mine shipped 5 or 6 days after I placed an order from cdjapan, so it was within the advertised 5-10 day window. Now I'm awaiting second shipment for spare parts, two extra sets of earpads and an extra headband.
Glad I found the person who ordered it from the same venue. You ordered quite bit of extra. While I don't know your daily usage, can you advise if it is necessary to order those for daily use of less than 20min? (I will not use every day, maybe 3-4 days a week)

I mean, if I keep it for long-time, eventually I would need it, but I don't want spend extra unless I decide to keep it. But if those wearable part is particularly fragile, I might consider.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #53 of 124
Glad I found the person who ordered it from the same venue. You ordered quite bit of extra. While I don't know your daily usage, can you advise if it is necessary to order those for daily use of less than 20min? (I will not use every day, maybe 3-4 days a week)

I mean, if I keep it for long-time, eventually I would need it, but I don't want spend extra unless I decide to keep it. But if those wearable part is particularly fragile, I might consider.
They're not fragile and should last a long time depending on usage. Buying replacement parts has been a tradition for me. If I really like a pair of HP and decide to keep them in my collection, I always order extra parts in case they go out of production. And this one being a HP from a boutique company overseas, thought I would grab a few extra sets, eventhough all my HPs practically stay 'new' as I constantly buy more HPs.

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #54 of 124

thought you are not asking me but I would like to drop 2 cents here
using less than 2 hours a week is definitely nothing to the earpads
they are meant to be used for daily used in studio for working environment, so dont worry about that.

Sep 18, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #55 of 124
thought you are not asking me but I would like to drop 2 cents here
using less than 2 hours a week is definitely nothing to the earpads
they are meant to be used for daily used in studio for working environment, so dont worry about that.
Thank you for your advice. As you know this is almost unknown in US and I was worried about getting accessories. According to reviews including here and japanese/Korean youtubes, I feel like I am keeping this. I mean it will be pretty tough to make a sales here for an item that nobody knows :)

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #56 of 124
I think the problem is that there are no reviews in english regarding these headphones. Theres no FR graph available either.

Perhaps someone could describe what they sound like? or maybe a comparison?

Sep 19, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #57 of 124
Oct 3, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #58 of 124
I think the problem is that there are no reviews in english regarding these headphones. Theres no FR graph available either.

Perhaps someone could describe what they sound like? or maybe a comparison?
seems tago studio only distributor in Neitherland outside Asia, that was a shame since the brand's population is growing up drastically in Asia due to the drop of yen drop-down and ease of asking for a purchase agent / shipping agent.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #59 of 124
Any more experiences/comparisons on these?

I had a brief listen to these a while ago. I'm really intrigued by these since they had just a relaxing sound and did nothing wrong :). Also, they are priced very reasonable, although definitly not cheap.

I did find the following reviews:
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/audio/classy-headphones-for-the-serious-listener
https://musicalhead-de.translate.go...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=nl&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Lengthy interview:
https://e--earphone-blog.translate....l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=nl&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #60 of 124
I had this cans for about 2 months. While I am still novice on this headfi world, closest headphones I can think of is HD650/HD6xx. If you ask me if T3-01 is better than HD650, I would say yes, especially in bass/low. Vocal is noticeably forward, that is why I picekd HD650 among other brothers of HD6. It is very accruate headphones that enable you to hear which direction each intruments's sound come from.
However, what differentiate this to higher-end cans is dynamic range. While it is very accurate on direction of sounds, it is not very good at expressing distance between you and instruments. (there is rolloff in both sub-bass and higher treble)
And, sound stage is quite small. I would say simlar to HD6-- series, which make this cans very good for small group strings or vocal emphasized pop.
Not good for hiphop, EDM, rock or metal.
One other noticable pros of this can is comfort. This is S tier in terms of comfort. For your reference, I give A for DT990/770, B for HD650 and focal clear, C for DT1990, D for Audeze LCD X.
I also have TAGO's IEM T3-02, which is bit different from T3-01 unlike what TAGO Studio's claim that they built IEM version of this CAN.

Will elaborate more on T3-02 later.
In sum, yes, you won't regret if you like Senn's sound signature and this is CANS I wlll keep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back