Review Tago Studio T3-01
Nov 28, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #62 of 124
I had the Tagos and eventually sold them. The biggest problem with them is the pads: the inner room for the ears is ridiculously small, and I have small ears. Plus, the sound changes massively depending on the angle of the cups relatively to the ears. The sound is quite refined for the price and the localization of sound sources is very good. They look gorgeous in real life:)

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #63 of 124
I had the Tagos and eventually sold them. The biggest problem with them is the pads: the inner room for the ears is ridiculously small, and I have small ears. Plus, the sound changes massively depending on the angle of the cups relatively to the ears. The sound is quite refined for the price and the localization of sound sources is very good. They look gorgeous in real life:)
Also had them and came to same conclusion. Pads were scratchy and too small. Headband - seemingly made of cheap foam - even worse. A shame, they did sound good.

Feb 28, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #65 of 124
Also I am selling my Tago Studio「T3-02」I hope that’s ok to post that here…
I need something with a different sound spectrum & I don’t have a proper headphone amp – honestly, this equipment has more finesse than what I’m after, and I feel it’s better on the head of someone who is more attuned to this grade of headphones. I have only used it while mixing at my home studio – never used it for leisure, and everything except the white cardboard box comes with it. Also, I replaced the pads (still have those) with something that allows me to wear it without my ears touching the fabric on the speakers. I live in the Amsterdam vicinity.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #66 of 124
Also I am selling my Tago Studio「T3-02」I hope that’s ok to post that here…
I need something with a different sound spectrum & I don’t have a proper headphone amp – honestly, this equipment has more finesse than what I’m after, and I feel it’s better on the head of someone who is more attuned to this grade of headphones. I have only used it while mixing at my home studio – never used it for leisure, and everything except the white cardboard box comes with it. Also, I replaced the pads (still have those) with something that allows me to wear it without my ears touching the fabric on the speakers. I live in the Amsterdam vicinity.
Hey, after I connect 02 with balanced cable, it became a keep. Have you tried it?

Mar 5, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #68 of 124
I think I am
(sorry, I wrote T3-02, but it’s indeed T3-01)
It’s a bit difficult to part with something that’s so obviously high-end, but I find I need something else when mixing my tracks. Was thinking of balanced cables, as Hong8311 mentioned (sorry I hadn’t gotten back to you Hong, was still pondering), but I’m currently not looking to spend that money on my setup…
So we could sort it out in my DM’s :)

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #69 of 124
I think I am
(sorry, I wrote T3-02, but it’s indeed T3-01)
It’s a bit difficult to part with something that’s so obviously high-end, but I find I need something else when mixing my tracks. Was thinking of balanced cables, as Hong8311 mentioned (sorry I hadn’t gotten back to you Hong, was still pondering), but I’m currently not looking to spend that money on my setup…
So we could sort it out in my DM’s :)

How does your T3-01 sound? Are those headphones sound similar with HD600, as some people pointed out? What will you replace it with ?

Mar 7, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #70 of 124
How does your T3-01 sound? Are those headphones sound similar with HD600, as some people pointed out? What will you replace it with ?
It has a lot of clarity, in an easy way. I tried the Hifiman Sundara, expecting to buy that, but its clarity to me had a bit too much unrest – too forward in the highs I guess.
I can’t really speak about the HD600. A friend of mine has it, and I heard it a little bit, but I believe it’s a little less neutral.
About the Tago, I always pick it up with a little pride and joy. I can hear everything that’s going on with a lot of ease. I love how music sounds in them.
But when I’m mixing, I just want to hear more of the bass. Not just to enjoy it, but to get a grip on what it will do on various systems.
What I’ll be replacing it with – I’m not sure. I’m thinking of the Slate VSX.
Yes. That’s the kind of user I am :smile:
The only reason I’m using a HQ headset, is to be able to mix my tracks.
I can clearly hear freqs around 25Hz, but I keep mixing too much bass in there when I use the Tago. Other than that I only have a consumer headset, so that’s not a proper reference either.
I realize that downside of the VSX (how could you ever mimic planars with a dynamic set), and the emulated rooms will never be my studio. It’d be best if I learn my own room – but currently I don’t have those means 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #71 of 124
After some more listening around, I’ve decided on the gourmet-quality Hifiman Ananda Stealth. I think it’s a good idea to just get to know some cans really well. I tried to Edition X aswell, which were neck-to-neck with the Ananda, but the Ananda was just less forgiving, and I could hear where my mix was lacking juuuuust a little bit better. So my mix sounded juuuust a little better in de Edition X (by a hair), but that’s not what I’m after

So I will have to part with the Tagos
I do have one interested party who will get priority, but in case that doesn’t work out, if anyone’s interested, please let me know.

[EDIT] sold!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #72 of 124
Its sad seeing many let go the T3-01 !!!
Fortunately the fit doesn't pose a problem to me. The most compelling value proposition of the HP is its 1) timbre - its much more realistic than many cans I've heard @this price range including some of higher prices 2) its bass presentation - very apparent, yet balanced and natural 3) the micro dynamics and transient - makes the music very much engaging ..
For me the T3-01 is a keep!

Mar 25, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #73 of 124
Its sad seeing many let go the T3-01 !!!
Fortunately the fit doesn't pose a problem to me. The most compelling value proposition of the HP is its 1) timbre - its much more realistic than many cans I've heard @this price range including some of higher prices 2) its bass presentation - very apparent, yet balanced and natural 3) the micro dynamics and transient - makes the music very much engaging ..
For me the T3-01 is a keep!
I totally see how it’s a keep for you, it makes music listening such a pleasant experience
Tbh, I can’t really imagine a better closed back. Maybe I’ll regret the sell later on :wink:

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #75 of 124
Just tried the T3-01 today with the 4.4cable. Its crazy how it it almost sounds like the AWKT with only the top and bottom extension being poor in comparison.

Almost swiped but then i remembered I already have something better. There will always be something special about this kind of vocal tuning.

Hmmm actually no the T3-01 sounds kind of blury and lacks the dynamic range but thats only on A/B with another headphone 3X the price.

Just by itself its crazy good for j-metal and other faster paced music. Damn I shouldnt have brought out the AWKT to AB. The slam sounds weaksauce now.

Either way still worth the blind rec to people that want a altantive take that sounds "pure" and "accousticaly amplified by building" type of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back