Review Tago Studio T3-01
Jan 4, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #121 of 124
I was in Japan and stopped by E-earphones in Tokyo. It's a large store in Akihabara with multiple floors all focused on headphones. One floor is wireless headphones, etc. The second to top floor is where the high end headphones are and they have them all out for you to listen to.

As one does I spent a couple hours listening to all of them. This headphone stood out to me, I didn't expect it or even know what it was. There was just something about the sound that captured me and I kept going back to it. It doesn't have the biggest sound stage and it lacks sub bass (it's there but de-emphasized), but the sound is just so natural and it envelops you. The sound stage is intimate but the imaging is extremely precise.

The thing that jumped out at me is the timber of the sound. There's this texture to sounds that I've never heard before in a headphone. I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the wood outer. They mention something about the wood and reverb on their website so that may be it. It feels like it massages my brain lol.

As I was poking around I saw they had 2 used ones on sale and with the US/JPY exchange rate and even though I couldn't find much (in English) about this online it was a no brainer :beyersmile:. I trust my ears.

Needless to say I've been addicted to these since I've gotten back. Highly recommend if you're in Japan to stop by e-earphones and try these amazing lesser known cans.

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #122 of 124
On vacation in the 🇵🇭 and my room’s tiny AC is just too obtrusive to open backs so it’s been T3-03 90% of the time unless I drag my rig down to the living room where I can enjoy the NDH 30 mostly.

The only tweak I needed on the T3-03 is on the bass, which is the only thing that’s a bit recessed, everything else is money for what it is and it’s TAGO tuning to be (mids).
IMG_7090.jpeg

Don’t need to crank volumes up to enjoy. I love the 03 and what it can do and offer.. it is not for everyone, looking at the bass heads 😉
IMG_7087.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #123 of 124
Got another T30-03 :L3000: Super underrated midrange-focused phone for under $200 (at $185 on Amazon). They sound amazing on the Fiio R9 and kept it's pace with the E3, minus the lower sub region. I did have some light modding on the T3-03, will post pics as I mod this 2nd 03. Oh yeah, T3-03 loves good power.

IMG_9959.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back