Review Tago Studio T3-01
Jul 4, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #76 of 124
Just tried the T3-01 today with the 4.4cable. Its crazy how it it almost sounds like the AWKT with only the top and bottom extension being poor in comparison.

Almost swiped but then i remembered I already have something better. There will always be something special about this kind of vocal tuning.

Hmmm actually no the T3-01 sounds kind of blury and lacks the dynamic range but thats only on A/B with another headphone 3X the price.

Just by itself its crazy good for j-metal and other faster paced music. Damn I shouldnt have brought out the AWKT to AB. The slam sounds weaksauce now.

Either way still worth the blind rec to people that want a altantive take that sounds "pure" and "accousticaly amplified by building" type of sound.
Glad you enjoyed trying them. Very much enjoying owning them for a second time myself. I found that changing the pads for Yaxi pads, driving them balanced, and using a very clean but powerful source like Lotoo or Chord clears up some of the blurriness you're describing while also rendering them more dynamic. They certainly scale up remarkably well.

Jul 4, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #77 of 124
Glad you enjoyed trying them. Very much enjoying owning them for a second time myself. I found that changing the pads for Yaxi pads, driving them balanced, and using a very clean but powerful source like Lotoo or Chord clears up some of the blurriness you're describing while also rendering them more dynamic. They certainly scale up remarkably well.
Ah my bad its only "blury" when directly compared to the AWKT(which was dumb I know but it was the first thing I thought off when I heard it). Imo when i was demoing the HD660s, ibasso SR3, MV1 they couldnt hold a candle to the T3-01 speed and detail wise.

Im using the ibasso DX300 and if i want more power ill have to borrow their desktop amps since the only meaningful upgrade portable upgrade would be M17 or DX300MAX power wise I think? Well will try destop amps the next time i go down to the store.

Jul 19, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #80 of 124
Are the ear pads suitable for long or wide ears ?
Some complain that the pads are too small for them. I have big ears and the pads pretty much enclose the whole ear with a good comfy seal. I have no problems.
It can be different for you.
You can of course also use other pads. Personally, I'm not a fan of pad rolling.

They are without a doubt great headphones. But I personally find it somewhat ironic that the sleeved stock cable is extremely microphonic,
given the background story of the headphones. An alternative cable can also help here, not a big deal.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #81 of 124
Are the ear pads suitable for long or wide ears ?
I have pretty large ears and it was a tight fit for me.

I could already see that heat would be an issue if I kept them on longer than 15 minutes.

I thought they sounded great though. They're quite unique in the sound signature, its vocal and treble centric. I didn't have enough time with them to really dissect the sound but its definitely unique, I haven't heard anything that resembles it.

I would have bought them but its too light on bass for my tastes.

Nov 6, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #82 of 124
Long shot question - does anyone here own both a pair of the Tago, and a pair of Focal?

If you do, then does Tago's cable fit in Focal's L/R cups? I'd love to get their boom mic and connect that to the Focal.

Nov 6, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #83 of 124
Long shot question - does anyone here own both a pair of the Tago, and a pair of Focal?

If you do, then does Tago's cable fit in Focal's L/R cups? I'd love to get their boom mic and connect that to the Focal.
The Tago cable fits in my Clear. The Focal doesn't fit in Tago. Here is a picture with both headphones, with the Tago cable inside the Clear.:
20231105_234224.jpg

Nov 6, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #84 of 124
The Tago cable fits in my Clear. The Focal doesn't fit in Tago. Here is a picture with both headphones, with the Tago cable inside the Clear.:
20231105_234224.jpg
Nice. Thanks!

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #86 of 124
Don't. The tago cables are very microphonic. I am about to get a custom cable because of this.
Even if I’m just sitting still and playing games/doing Zoom meetings?

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty familiar with microphonics because of Ety’s stock cables for their ER IEMs, and I don’t find them bothersome if I’m sitting still.

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #88 of 124
20231105_234224.jpg
Yeah the barrel on the focal cables are thicker than the regular 3.5mm plugs.

The regular 3.5mm plugs from moon audio or whatever should fit and work with the tagos.

I have a custom made 8 core sterling silver cable from xinhs, both ring and sleeve are grounded so it will work with any 3.5mm plug where the tip is positive. It works for denon d5200, d7200, d9200, focals that use 3.5mm, pioneer sem5, sony z7m2, final audio sonorous line, amongst others.

Its a 2.5mm termination. If anyone is interested please pm me.

20231109_194220.JPG

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #89 of 124
Well, I have the TAGO coming my way. Planning to get them from e-earphone but did an Amazon search first to see if Japanese sellers has them. Guess what.. Amazon Jp storefront on Amazon US has some TAGO but only the newer T3-03. I love wood but this all black T3-03 looks badass with only the suspension band being silver/ss contrasts and complement the look really well. For $189 with 2 cables included ($20 cheaper than e-earphone with free shipping) it was a done deal and bought the TAGO 4.4mm balanced cable while I'm at it in case I'll snag the T3-01 too but only if the 03 sits well with me.

Key main difference between the 01 and 03 is that the 03 does not employ silk protein coating on the driver, diver is closer to the ear and the phone is mainly constructed from matte ABS. You can read more here https://www.fujiya-avic.co.jp/blog/detail/652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back