[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Jan 17, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #736 of 911
You don't think that the mids are too thin. My Monk $5 earbuds has better mids.

Well then why don't you stick to those and refrain from comments on quality gear?

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #737 of 911
Well then why don't you stick to those and refrain from comments on quality gear?

lol Quality gear?!  ...I am just comparing,dude,cool it!
beyersmile.png

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #738 of 911
If only I could get a good fit with the Monk's...but no can do. The EVO is fun...it's an absolute blast to listen to and being a full size can you can just put them on and forget about them...unless it's a hot day.
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #743 of 911
Jan 18, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #745 of 911
Jan 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #747 of 911

Dude.....no! It is a new one. Maybe my ears didn't agree with the overall sound presentation of Evo's.

I've never heard the EVO referred to as bright...pull your pads and make sure the thick-@$$ black piece of felt is glued to your driver screen.

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #749 of 911
Depends what is defined as bright. My evo, besides having incredible bass was quite harsh in the treble in the beginning. It got better with burn in but was quite painful at the start. If that is what is meant by bright, then it might be true. Also depends how sensitive you are to treble and how high your hearing still reaches, mine just barely makes it to 17k which is good for my age. Anyhow I think we need to understand if harshness in treble is meant or overall bright signature (which would indeed be a surprise, as that would mean lea bass).

Cheers,
K

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #750 of 911
Depends what is defined as bright. My evo, besides having incredible bass was quite harsh in the treble in the beginning. It got better with burn in but was quite painful at the start. If that is what is meant by bright, then it might be true. Also depends how sensitive you are to treble and how high your hearing still reaches, mine just barely makes it to 17k which is good for my age. Anyhow I think we need to understand if harshness in treble is meant or overall bright signature (which would indeed be a surprise, as that would mean lea bass).

Cheers,
K

Dude,in your case how long before the harshness got tamed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back