[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Oct 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #706 of 911

Thanks for the advice! I come form a Sennheiser HD201 and they sounded amazing to me. I was a bit afraid about the EVO because a lot of people says that they are quite bassy, but I guess that they will just emphasyze more the lows. I'll check about the mod, which improvement does in the sound?

Yea... when you first get the EVO it's too bassy with thick wooly low end. I did the foam mod which is to remove the thick-ass black foam over the driver screen and replaced it with a thin cotton make-up thingy I stole from my wife. They sound fantastic now IMHO.

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #707 of 911

Thanks for the advice! I come form a Sennheiser HD201 and they sounded amazing to me. I was a bit afraid about the EVO because a lot of people says that they are quite bassy, but I guess that they will just emphasyze more the lows. I'll check about the mod, which improvement does in the sound?

I've tested the HD 202 and they were bassier than the Evos and too congested. They almost did not have highs and 0 soundstage. The only thing that I like of them was their mids.
I also tested the UE4000 and I really liked those, but evos are still better.
dt880smile.png

Oct 9, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #708 of 911
  Yea... when you first get the EVO it's too bassy with thick wooly low end. I did the foam mod which is to remove the thick-ass black foam over the driver screen and replaced it with a thin cotton make-up thingy I stole from my wife. They sound fantastic now IMHO.

Sir, thank you very much again. You made a man happy today!

I've tested the HD 202 and they were bassier than the Evos and too congested. They almost did not have highs and 0 soundstage. The only thing that I like of them was their mids.
I also tested the UE4000 and I really liked those, but evos are still better.
dt880smile.png

Then the EVOs are going to be like heaven to me. Thank you for your reply!

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #709 of 911
Got into some cheap IEM's over the hot summer weather and must say after listening the EVO's again for the first time in awhile they thrash the cheap IEM's I tried out... only the Kz ED9 gives them a run but the others Kz ATE, ED10, EDse as well as the Piston 2 and E300 can't hang with the EVO's. $40 bucks never sounded so good!

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #710 of 911
Didn`t listen to my 681 for far to long. Shame on me! I love listening with these amazing headphones. If you wasted all your money on christmas presents and you are in need for new cans, don`t hesitate to get your EVOs immediately.

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #711 of 911

Maybe a number 0 haircut. No model number visible on the headphones only "Superlux", and "HD681 EVO". I will take a look on the box at home maybe...
I will likely use a lighter rubber band to the ones in here to reduce tension when put on my longish head.
I have fully removed the strap now for repair when I get home. I have added some more pictures of the insides etc. Funny wiring :)

I wanna thank for this post.
My headband just broke. Searching the web for a solution answer i came across this topic.
I was ready to ship my headphones to warranty, but i also had in mind that the problem would occur again as the headband material is not that flexible and would eventually crack again. 
I just took out the headband and searched for an old nylon strap from a backpack. In about 10 minutes i had copied the design of the headband into the nylon strap and cut it. After placing the nylon headband all i can say is that i never had this comfort with the old one. Just be sure to use a lighter and flame all incisions. I love my new headband....and i can change colors if i want to.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #712 of 911

My headband just broke. Searching the web for a solution answer i came across this topic.
I was ready to ship my headphones to warranty, but i also had in mind that the problem would occur again as the headband material is not that flexible and would eventually crack again. 
I just took out the headband and searched for an old nylon strap from a backpack. In about 10 minutes i had copied the design of the headband into the nylon strap and cut it. After placing the nylon headband all i can say is that i never had this comfort with the old one. Just be sure to use a lighter and flame all incisions. I love my new headband....and i can change colors if i want to.

I would like to see pictures. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mines headband has like 20 fixed tears, I knew about that issue so I check it every week and fix every new tear with superglue. xD

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #715 of 911
Hello guys, ut's my first time posting here in head-fi forum. Please, i really need your opinion.

I have the Superlux HD681 Evo and im planning to get a Fiio E10K.

My question is, does the evo really benefit from using a dac/amp? Ive done my assignment and i read a couple posts that it wont have that much effect.

For the users who both have the evo and e10k, can you confirm? Can you share you experience using both combination.

Might as well suggest a good dac/amp cheaper than the fiio e10k. Thank guys. Looking forward to your response.

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #717 of 911
Elysion who used to be a member of Rg but is now with Diyaudioheaven did this very successfully about 4 years ago. His workmanship is superb  .  .  .  http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=review&action=display&thread=6957

These are mine, which I still use very regularly.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #718 of 911

Elysion who used to be a member of Rg and is now at Diyaudioheaven did this around 4 years ago, his workmanship is superb. http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=review&action=display&thread=6957  

Here are mine 

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #719 of 911
  Elysion who used to be a member of Rg but is now with Diyaudioheaven did this very successfully about 4 years ago. His workmanship is superb  .  .  .  http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=review&action=display&thread=6957

These are mine, which I still use very regularly.

Hello guys, ut's my first time posting here in head-fi forum. Please, i really need your opinion.

I have the Superlux HD681 Evo and im planning to get a Fiio E10K.

My question is, does the evo really benefit from using a dac/amp? Ive done my assignment and i read a couple posts that it wont have that much effect.

For the users who both have the evo and e10k, can you confirm? Can you share you experience using both combination.

Might as well suggest a good dac/amp cheaper than the fiio e10k. Thank guys. Looking forward to your response.

bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #720 of 911
After a year or so,wearing them constantly for several hours a day they still didnt stretch? What should i do guys?

Clamp really started to bother me,and starts hurting my head after ~1 hour of wearing.You can see on pics i posted that pads touch each other,clamp is very strong,idk what to do.

Pics are in post #689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back