[REVIEW] Sunrise Xcape v2 and Xcited
Apr 27, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #76 of 82

Quote:
I think punchy is the wrong word.  It's not that the Xcape IE lacks punch.  It's more a matter of sensitivity.  It does respond well to EQing and does fill out well doing so.  The Xcape IE is more geared around the midrange with lighter emphasis on the extremes.  Techno tends to hover more around the extremes, so product geared for that fit better (like the Triple.Fi 10).

We were talking about impact on bass, I think you can find headphones that are better in this area and I'm not sure Xcape IE will provide enough punch in lows for electronic music. If I compare with V1, bass improved, not because it's a bit more present, because it is more detailed and controlled, with V1 lows were sometime muddy or not responsive enough, that's what I feel.

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #77 of 82
I though the original Xcape has a tighter bass = good transient, fast decay, low harmonic. The X-IE has better decay / harmonic, slower transient.

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #78 of 82

Quote:
I though the original Xcape has a tighter bass = good transient, fast decay, low harmonic.

I agree, never had bass issues on the V.1.  I might have to attribute muddy bass on the V.1 to poor fit, gear or synergy.  

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #79 of 82
There's something wrong with me
rolleyes.gif
, because bass on V1 is not tighter, maybe muddy was exagerated, but at least lack of detail sometime. Silicon double flange fit well, iAudio9 or rockboxed Fuze v2 for source seem fine and music is ripped with Rubbyripper or morituri.

May 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #82 of 82

Quote:
It is not a bass monster for sure, but it is above average. If I were to say 5 is average and 10 is basshead, X-IE will be about around 6.5 or 7. I am reluctant to make a judgment so early on, but we could very well be looking at another best sounding sub$100 IEM here.

It sounds as if they'd by right up my alley. Details and soundquality overal of the V1, with some extra spunk in the bassarea. Will definitly keep an eye open for these.
Thanks for sharing the experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back