[REVIEW] Sunrise Xcape v2 and Xcited
Apr 15, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #46 of 82

Quote:
It is not a bass monster for sure, but it is above average. If I were to say 5 is average and 10 is basshead, X-IE will be about around 6.5 or 7. I am reluctant to make a judgment so early on, but we could very well be looking at another best sounding sub$100 IEM here.

How does the IE version compare overall to ECCI PR401? I had some V1 Xcapes, but the bass was not satisfying. I also felt there was some sort of haze or veil on the midrange that could be grating.
I have some PR401s on the way , and hope the bass would be in the same 6-7 range you describe as compared to the V1.

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #47 of 82

Quote:
How does the IE version compare overall to ECCI PR401? I had some V1 Xcapes, but the bass was not satisfying. I also felt there was some sort of haze or veil on the midrange that could be grating.

So did myself and a few others.  It went away after 200 or so hours.  Gone forever.  I almost sold them because of that.

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #48 of 82
V1 has a distinct distant in its sound that put a space between the music and the listener. If you like your music upfront, then this could be interpreted as a kind of veil. But on the other hand it is what gives the v1 a more spacious sound as compared to most IEM out there. IE has retained most of what V1 has, including the neutral space in the music, but it is closer to the listener than v1. PR401 doesn't have as much bass as IE, but they are not far apart. I'll say it is about a 6.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #49 of 82

Quote:
V1 has a distinct distant in its sound that put a space between the music and the listener. If you like your music upfront, then this could be interpreted as a kind of veil. But on the other hand it is what gives the v1 a more spacious sound as compared to most IEM out there. IE has retained most of what V1 has, including the neutral space in the music, but it is closer to the listener than v1. 

Hmm, you aren't saying the v.1 is V-shaped right?  I think he is referring to just the mids.  I know shigzeo called it a 'sheen' over the mids.  I noticed it as well.  Wasn't quite a veil or muffle, just something that didn't sound natural or right.  It went away.  Probably product variation.

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #50 of 82

Quote:
Hmm, you aren't saying the v.1 is V-shaped right?  I think he is referring to just the mids.  I know shigzeo called it a 'sheen' over the mids.  I noticed it as well.  Wasn't quite a veil or muffle, just something that didn't sound natural or right.  It went away.  Probably product variation.

Not, I am not saying it is a V-shaped sound with a recessed mid, because the whole sound is further away, not just the mid.

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #51 of 82
Yup, just clarifying.  I think it was the surprising balance and detail for $80 that made the v.1 impressive.  So you feel the IE is an upgrade in that regard then? 

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #52 of 82
I just spent a little more time with IE this morning when I pulled it out of its burn-in cycle. To me it is not an direct upgrade of the same sound signature. IE has more bass so the overall balance now tilting toward a Warm+Sweet sound rather then the Mid centric sound like v1. However beside the bass, the overall presentation still very much resembles v1. In essence it is an upgrade in regard to the presentation as a whole. IE gives the bass response that is missing in the v1 and thus I think those who like the v1 will probably enjoy the IE even more, unless they has strong objection to any bass.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #54 of 82
Very slightly less sparkle on the top. I reckon the amount of detail and treble are still roughly the same. but since it is a warmer sound, the focus moves more away from presenting a clean sound and what you get is a more musical interpretation.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #55 of 82
Oh my this is mighty interesting indeed!

I was hoping to get the V1 but was hoping for something with more bass impact. I look forward to your full review of the IE Edition ClieOS!

popcorn.gif

Apr 16, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #56 of 82
Oh man..... I just received my V2's after returning my V1's for warranty. I was OK with getting my V1's replaced with V2's until just now. Suddenly I feel like I'm wading through mud. I had no idea that they were THAT much different. I can barely get any detail and all I can hear is slow and muddy bass. I can only hope that this will be solved through burn in because right now it is worse than my old pair of Sony $25 headphones. Now I wish I hadn't returned my broken V1's and waited until the V2's were gone before returning it for warranty. At the moment, I feel like I got a terrible bargain as I purchased the V1's, had them defect after 3 weeks and end up receiving a a major downgrade. Can't say I'm speaking totally rationally at the moment because I'm steaming after listening to them. Maybe I'll have something more objective in a couple of hours.

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #57 of 82
So what about it ClieOS? Any more impressions on the IE? I was set on getting the MEElec CC51 but you have me in a hold up now!
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #58 of 82

Quote:
So what about it ClieOS? Any more impressions on the IE? I was set on getting the MEElec CC51 but you have me in a hold up now!
biggrin.gif

If you are waiting for my review, it will take a while (have like 7 other things I need to review first). However, if you are only asking how I would rank them, I'll rate X-IE higher than CC51, but not night and day. Then again I think both IEM have very different sound signature so purely choosing them based on numeric rating probably isn't helpful in narrowing down what you are looking for. But I'll say this: if you like a clarity, more upfront detail and a livelier presentation, CC51 is for you. If you are looking for a warmer, more laid back and spacious sound, then X-IE is a fine choice.

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #59 of 82
You are too kind! Thank you for your time, I very much appreciate it, and I will try to figure out for myself which sound I prefer based on your comments though if I may, I have just one small question. I kind of value isolation and female vocalists in this decision, which would win it out there? [I wont be asking any more I promise!]

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #60 of 82
We are sorry about the name of new product. In fact, Xcape V2 will not continue in Western market any more, while Xcape "Impressive Edition" will be the only one product that has "Xcape" text in market.

"B" is code name of "Xcited", which will be release later.

Regards,

Who are some of your US dealers? I can't seem to find a way to get these in my hands. I really want to give them a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back