[REVIEW] Sunrise Xcape v2 and Xcited
Apr 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #16 of 82

Quote:
The V2 was marketed by your resellers as an improved version of the V1 - even using favorable quotes from Head-fi reviews for the V1.  Will you allow those of us who purchased this item expecting an analytical IEM exchange it for the "Xcited/B" version when it is released?  The V2 is certainly not the product/sound signature I expected when I purchased it.

yeah, I purchased mine from ethan without knowing I'd be getting the newer version. I do hope we have the chance to trade things off.

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #18 of 82

Quote:
The V2 was marketed by your resellers as an improved version of the V1 - even using favorable quotes from Head-fi reviews for the V1.  Will you allow those of us who purchased this item expecting an analytical IEM exchange it for the "Xcited/B" version when it is released?  The V2 is certainly not the product/sound signature I expected when I purchased it.

I'm totally agree,
I was  between  the RE0 or the sunrise ver.2. I choosed the sunrise ver.2 thinking  that will better than the ver.1.
I'm from chile and the only way to get a Re0 or sunrise is buy from ebay and wait about a month, pitifully it was a waste of time and money.
Now I will try to sell the xcape ver 2 and buy in the future the RE0.

Quote:
Which IEM's do you guys think are equal,in a way,to the Xcapes for under $100. I was thinking about buying the RE0's.

Go for the RE0

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #19 of 82
When do you ever see a seller doesn't recommend the new stuff over the old one? Let's not make this thread into a witch hunt. Also, just because a person regrets on a purchase doesn't magically make the alternative option a better choice. Don't just read into what is equal to which - you should know what you are looking for first. Buying RE0 in hope for plenty of bass will just be as bad a choice as buying Xcape v2 expecting it will be that same as Xcape v1.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #20 of 82
There are a couple of lessons in this situation, at least for me.

Wait for reviews by trusted reviewers before buying. I jumped the gun in this transaction.  My error.

Only buy from manufacturers (for those living in the USA) who have established, legitimate distribution in the USA - not a student in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and not a small time reseller in Singapore.  Unfortunately, this will kill part of the fun of the hobby - experimenting - and will cause damage to other upcoming, new manufacturers.

The silence about issues and resolutions from Sunrise with the V2 is deafening.  I have to presume Sunrise doesn't have the wherewithal to resolve the issues.  Its a risky move on their part - an alienated customer does them no good and creates ill will within the community.

Regarding Sunrise's claim that the V1 sound signature isn't popular in Asia, I offer this counterpoint from ClieOS' review of the sound signature of the Phiaton PS 210 which seems to me is similar to the Sunrise V1 in some respects.

Quote below -

"PS210 will not sound unfamiliar. It is a kind of clean, extremely airy and specious sound with a very crisp treble and relatively lean by most    of today standard, a kind of sound signature that has been extremely popular in East Asia and actually been highly thought of over more than a decade in the region. I am not sure whether it is Phiaton's deep Asian root or simply a coincidence, but I must say I am quite pleasantly surprised at the first listen to find that kind of sound signature in an IEM."

End quote

I realize that there are varying sound signature tastes in a market the size of East Asia but for Sunrise to now claim the "thick" sound of the V2 was designed for the Asian market, not Western markets, is difficult to believe.

Looks like I am stuck with an orphan product that, in my opinion, was misrepresented.

I will continue to try to get this issue resolved but I do not have much confidence at this point.  I hope I am wrong.

Its $80.00, not the end of the world, but its certainly irritating.

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #21 of 82
For those looking for the V1, the seller on Ebay that has the "Impressive Edition" also has a listing for a limited number of V1's  http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunrise-SW-Xcape-Version-dispatched-UK-/320681757016?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4aaa1f4958

Definitely looking forward to a review of the "Impressive Edition" although they look similar to the V2's.

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #22 of 82

Quote:
Regarding Sunrise's claim that the V1 sound signature isn't popular in Asia, I offer this counterpoint from ClieOS' review of the sound signature of the Phiaton PS 210 which seems to me is similar to the Sunrise V1 in some respects.

PS210 has an analytical sound, which isn't the same as the more mid centric sound Xcape v1. It is no doubt the cleanest and most detail sounding earphone Sunrise had, but if you look at their whole product line, from AS-Charm to Xcape v1, I think the obvious conclusion is mid centric is pretty much Sunrise's house sound, not analytical.

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #24 of 82
Dear all,

In fact, we had mistake with introducing Xcape V2 to the online market. We noticed dealers that Xcape V2 is a new product, but it seems that Canada and some US consumers was mislead. We can not believe that you ordered Xcape V1 but receive Xcape V2. Please send an email to service.sunriseaudio@gmail.com, we will collect information and find a solution for that problem. Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #25 of 82

Quote:

Hi, I am the owner of lendmeurears.com. I would like to apologise for this misunderstanding caused. To me I do genuinely feel that the V2 is slightly better than V1 and hence I have marketed it as such. However, i admit that I am guilty of leaving the original quotes on my website and will take it down by today so as not to cause any further misunderstanding. But please note that even though we are small time retailer, we do listen to the community and continue to strive to serve the community better. Please accept our sincere apologises.

Regards

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #26 of 82
People are making it seem like the V2 are terrible. It's a rather decent IEM, but falls short of the V1. Many were expecting an upgrade in sound and were dissapointed. My complaints of the thick, heavy mid can be partly resolved if one were to adjust the equalizer. Reduce the bass by a couple DBs, and increase the treble by a couple DBs. This will go a long way to neutralizing the warm sound signature, and I found that it improved the sound.

Let's not trash the V2 too much. It still is fairly good.

Apr 11, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #27 of 82
Apr 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #29 of 82

Appreciate the recent comments above from Sunrise and Lend Me Ur Ears .  Definitely a positive sign.

I agree that the V2 is not a bad earphone - just not what I expected.

Hope that things get sorted out.

To ClieOS - no disrespect intended.  I readily acknowledge your earphone expertise and service to the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back