Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Jan 8, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #2,057 of 2,566
  The question is though whether Lear LCM BD4.2 or EarWerkz Legend do not merge goodies of both 5ways and Harmony 8 pro or at least perform on the same level as 5ways or Harmony 8 pro.

LCM BD4.2 i will definitely pass because of too many negative impressions from my friends. Legends, I doubt it will top SE5's score. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #2,058 of 2,566
LCM BD4.2 i will definitely pass because of too many negative impressions from my friends. Legends, I doubt it will top SE5's score. 

I think you should definitely try Lear mate. I don't know if your friends have custom version or not, in my opinion there is a dramatic change with tips on universal version.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #2,059 of 2,566
I think you should definitely try Lear mate. I don't know if your friends have custom version or not, in my opinion there is a dramatic change with tips on universal version.

You like it as much as the SE5 and H8P? I also have hesitations for two reasons: many friends told me it sounded like crap in the demo version, and from Nathan's review, he says it sound awesome but build quality is sub-par, and I hate that.

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,060 of 2,566
  You like it as much as the SE5 and H8P? I also have hesitations for two reasons: many friends told me it sounded like crap in the demo version, and from Nathan's review, he says it sound awesome but build quality is sub-par, and I hate that.

Yes I like Lear, honestly. In my opinion, don't go with demo or universal's impressions. Because, they seems so different that I heard from custom version. LCM-BD4.2 is a top performer, I don't think it disappoints people regarding its sounding. 

Its built quality is good, but we should take its big shell and less isolation due to hole for dynamic drivers into consideration. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #2,061 of 2,566
It's weird that one of my friend (how is a dealer of LCM) told me even the producer of LCM BD4.2 admitted that it's not his best work~ But if you like it, you like it.

Wow I just notice you have pretty good choices of CIEMs mike.

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #2,062 of 2,566
  It's weird that one of my friend (how is a dealer of LCM) told me even the producer of LCM BD4.2 admitted that it's not his best work~ But if you like it, you like it.

Thanks Jason :) 

It is interesting, LCM does not disappoint me at all, except max bass setting. There is too much bass quantity at max. It overcomes all the spectrum. It is not necessary I think. :)

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #2,063 of 2,566

That is truly weird, to put out a product he feels is not his best work. Maybe it is a very popular sound in Hong Kong?

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #2,064 of 2,566
any info about this Se5 ultimate version? http://theheadphonelist.com/spiral-ear-5-way-ultimate-announced/

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #2,066 of 2,566
Looks interesting! I am pretty sure it's going to a even more neutral (brighter) CIEM than the current SE5:wink: 

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #2,068 of 2,566
  Looks interesting! I am pretty sure it's going to a even more neutral (brighter) CIEM than the current SE5:wink: 

If that so, I don't need to feel sad
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back