Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Sep 27, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #61 of 2,566

Quote:
Should be fine, I guess, because all they have to do is attach the wires... 
The problem is that the customs might detain the package due to expensive wire/bomb threat? (Polish customs are mysterious)

LoL that's the funniest thing I've ever read

Polish customs are dumb, but not as dumb.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #62 of 2,566

Quote:
http://www.hoved-fi.dk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=592 - Its in danish but there are a lot of pictures, Claus is floating somewhere and is obviously very stunned about the sq...

Thanks!

Quote:
What a bummer they're not shipping to the US.
blink.gif
I did have a question Joe. Would they possibly build them with an aftermarket cable if it was shipped along with impressions? Thanks as always Joe.

I did ask about that before and Grzegorz said yes, but not the TWag I wanted to use as it was too thick.  Something like the Silver Dragon or Arete should work or even some of the Beat Audio cables.

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #63 of 2,566
Hmm... I didn't send any cable because it would be stretching my budget..(for minor immprovement, sonically)

Just want to ask:

Which amp is best for the spiral 5 way? Pico Slim or meier audio corda 2stepdance? Based on sq alone.

(I have an ipod nano 5 generation)

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #64 of 2,566
For the 100th post (YAY!)

My ear impression tracking no. is RR706248259SG to Greece, then it will reship to Poland
(If you want to see how a country outside EU can get past VAT and custom hassle to purchase 5 way successfully***
*** I will keep updates of my process here)

Hopefully no one from the polish customs is lurking on this thread.

Sep 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #65 of 2,566
Upgrading your iPod to something with more resolution will be a better option IMO than getting an amp.  I have only tried the 801 but the resolution difference is worthwhile to me.  Otherwise the Stepdance does have a better low end than the Pico Slim with the 5-way.  I do have a bunch of amps for review in the near future.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #67 of 2,566
Adding a Stepdance to the Nano will negate the size advantage and a HiFiMan product will have better resolution.  But even straight from a Nano it should be OK, although I doubt the bass will give the experience I get with a better source.

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #69 of 2,566
All of my customs have their own sound signature and they all offer something within their price point.  With that said, the most expensive one I have, the 5-way fits my personal preferences quite well.

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #71 of 2,566
U gotta email them regarding ordering first and as far as I am concerned, they will not ship out of the EU

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #72 of 2,566
Spiral Ears is willing to ship to countries within the EU, so u can get someone trusted to receive and ship to u. Ear impressions should go the same route too. I think export/import processing varies within the EU, and Poland seems to be one of the stricter countries. At the moment, my ear impressions are heading for Greece, one of the EU countries. Will let you guys know if it's successful or not. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** [size=18pt]updates[/size][size=18pt] (Latest in Red)[/size]***
27th September 2011: Mailed in Singapore, around noon. ~ RR706248259SG (Singapore to Greece) Postage fee: 5.7 Singapore Dollars~ Registered article/mail
5th October 2011: My ear impressions are now in EU, Greece! Mailing to Poland on 7th October… should be easy now, unless they go missing/broken in the mailing process. (Greece to Poland) Postage fee: 6-7 Euros ~ Registered article/mail
7th October 2011: Mailed out to Poland 
14th October 2011: Grzergorz informs me that he received the impressions! 
atsmile.gif

THEREFORE, TOTAL TRANSIT TIME FROM SINGAPORE TO POLAND, USING REGISTERED MAIL IS: 17 DAYS @ US$14.19 (no vat taxes, or holdups! 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)
So, if you are getting the 5 way from outside Europe, this is the best way to get it (Recommended by Grezgorz himself)

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #74 of 2,566

Quote:

http://www.hoved-fi.dk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=592 - Its in danish but there are a lot of pictures, Claus is floating somewhere and is obviously very stunned about the sq...

Ha did just see that today..
And yes I am floating, I simply love these phones, they are absolutely amazing, I have not got numerous customs to compare with, so others could be as good, but somehow I doubt it..

I mostly use them  at work where the double as hearing protection, to keep out the noise from the machinery, so I use them for about 10 hours a day, also without music..they isolate better than anything else i have tried, exept maybe foam plugs underneath full size earmuffs, but I do luckily not work in so much noise anymore that going to the extremes is nessesary.

They are being used in conjunction with my Hisound studio player and to me it is a portable match made in heaven, or rather in China and Poland, but it could have been in heaven..
I also tried using them with the HiFiman 601 but the hifiman is way to muddy for my taste..

It is a bit hard to describe how they sound as they just sounds right and the only complaint one could have is that they are a bit too good for todays musicfiles, I have started noticing all kinds of strange noises in my music, cardoors slamming, people talking, beercans being opend, lighters being used etc. all things that should not be there, but that is what happens when you get better phones than the ones who make the music..

It goes crazy when I use them for audiobooks, often I can hear the bookreading going on in the room next door..

I have in years been saying that I wanted to go into the grave with my JVC DX1000, but now I am not so sure anymore, I wonder if I can take to sets with me..Now I just need a huge battery so I can enjoy the music in my grave for thousands of years..

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #75 of 2,566

Quote:
Ha did just see that today..
And yes I am floating, I simply love these phones, they are absolutely amazing, I have not got numerous customs to compare with, so others could be as good, but somehow I doubt it..

I mostly use them  at work where the double as hearing protection, to keep out the noise from the machinery, so I use them for about 10 hours a day, also without music..they isolate better than anything else i have tried, exept maybe foam plugs underneath full size earmuffs, but I do luckily not work in so much noise anymore that going to the extremes is nessesary.

They are being used in conjunction with my Hisound studio player and to me it is a portable match made in heaven, or rather in China and Poland, but it could have been in heaven..
I also tried using them with the HiFiman 601 but the hifiman is way to muddy for my taste..

It is a bit hard to describe how they sound as they just sounds right and the only complaint one could have is that they are a bit too good for todays musicfiles, I have started noticing all kinds of strange noises in my music, cardoors slamming, people talking, beercans being opend, lighters being used etc. all things that should not be there, but that is what happens when you get better phones than the ones who make the music..

It goes crazy when I use them for audiobooks, often I can hear the bookreading going on in the room next door..

I have in years been saying that I wanted to go into the grave with my JVC DX1000, but now I am not so sure anymore, I wonder if I can take to sets with me..Now I just need a huge battery so I can enjoy the music in my grave for thousands of years..

I haven't listened to my 5-way in nearly a month and decided to give it a go from the Clip+ last night and I was floored by the detail and overall sound.  I haven't tried them with the 601 but they are great with the 801, even more amazing as the added resolution is fully realized by the SE 5-way!  I will have to try these with the Studio...what version do you have and what firmware?  I have the Studio V with the BA firmware...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back