Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Jan 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #166 of 2,566

Quote:
Oh I'm sure their service is just fine and that they mean well. It's just that 3 months is a problem, no matter how you slice it.

Welcome to Head-fi.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #167 of 2,566

Quote:
Oh I'm sure their service is just fine and that they mean well. It's just that 3 months is a problem, no matter how you slice it.

Custom IEMs are not mass produced and there is a high demand for this product because of the sound quality.  There are plenty of other options out there if 3 months isn't acceptable to you, but this product is worth the wait!

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #168 of 2,566

Quote:

Custom IEMs are not mass produced and there is a high demand for this product because of the sound quality.  There are plenty of other options out there if 3 months isn't acceptable to you, but this product is worth the wait!

So average joe are the SE 5 series your favorite IEM? I kinda get that impression they are followed by the Starkey SA-43?

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #169 of 2,566
The SE 5-way is technically the best I have, so of course I enjoy listening to it.  And the SA-43 has the largest soundstage with great placement, making many things sound exceptional, but in a different way than the 5-way.  The list can go on as many of my custom IEMs offer great, but different qualities making it hard to choose one favorite.  Plus, most of my listening time is for reviews, so I am listening to the review subject or another CIEM for comparison.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #170 of 2,566

Quote:
The SE 5-way is technically the best I have, so of course I enjoy listening to it.  And the SA-43 has the largest soundstage with great placement, making many things sound exceptional, but in a different way than the 5-way.  The list can go on as many of my custom IEMs offer great, but different qualities making it hard to choose one favorite.  Plus, most of my listening time is for reviews, so I am listening to the review subject or another CIEM for comparison.

Its gonna be a hard choice for me then lol. I kinda want them both.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #173 of 2,566
The 5-way can be extremely engaging and enjoyable, so it is ultimate resolution vs. expansive space for a custom IEM (that needs a good amp).  Also, the 5-way is more mid-forward with way more bass capability along with a brighter sound that extends all the way up.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #174 of 2,566

Quote:
The 5-way can be extremely engaging and enjoyable, so it is ultimate resolution vs. expansive space for a custom IEM (that needs a good amp).  Also, the 5-way is more mid-forward with way more bass capability along with a brighter sound that extends all the way up.

How much do the SE5 ways go for? Would it be more difficult to have it imported to the USA? Do they every have any discounts lol? How would the SE 5 way sound stage compare to the IE8s?

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #175 of 2,566

Quote:

Geez Joe, you're killing me.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #177 of 2,566

Quote:
Hes killing us both. We may have to be like Muppetface and get escrow to pay for these 2 Custom IEMs :wink:

Group buy?  =P

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #179 of 2,566
I have been emailing Spiral Ears and they have been a pleasure dealing with, i think I'll be doing the 5way Reference with them soon. But i would like to know, what is the turn around time for Spiral Ears?

AverageJoe, from your review, i think that the ES5 and the SE5 share alot in common. Do they? and if yes, which one scales better? I would like to know because i have an ES5 and a JH13.

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #180 of 2,566
He never heard of ES5. But from reading the both of the reviews I don't think they sound similar to each other.  :) At least resolution wise :) I don't think so. Since I heard ppl saying ES5 doesnt reach the level of LCD 2's resolution and joe said SE5 has even more resolution than LCD 2:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back