Review | SoundMAGIC E10
Jan 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #16 of 110
I've updated post one with a tip recommendation: the extra long single flange from Meelectronics.  It comes in their M11 + 10 pack.  However if you contact Meelec, they will sell them to you in 4 packs.  For me, I get a deeper fit and better seal, resulting in better sub bass response.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #17 of 110

Quote:
You can find the brown version for sure.. From a quick search i found them from an EU shop. The thing about EU shops is that for some reason they equate the $ for the pound. Probably soundmagic tries to control the retail price same way vsonic tried with the gr07

What shop did you find them? Sounds good. Too bad there's no official reseller in my area.

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #19 of 110

Quote:
What shop did you find them? Sounds good. Too bad there's no official reseller in my area.

this seller on ebay. He has a shop as well but the price is the same. Drop him a question first though because in soundmagic website it has the other 4 colors for the e10 only and for the mirophone version it has three of the other colors plus this one.
and both this one and the shine gold are mentioned as gold by this seller and soundmagic if this means anything.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #20 of 110
Just got these in after wasting enough $ to buy two of these on buying/selling IE80 and UFTF10 (I am sure they are awesome if I was able to make them work with my ears).
I like'em a lot! For $30, they are amazing value.
The sound stage is a bit narrower I would like but the SQ especially in the lows more than makes up for it.
More importantly, the largest tips fit my ears
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #21 of 110

Quote:
Just got these in after wasting enough $ to buy two of these on buying/selling IE80 and UFTF10 (I am sure they are awesome if I was able to make them work with my ears).
I like'em a lot! For $30, they are amazing value.
The sound stage is a bit narrower I would like but the SQ especially in the lows more than makes up for it.
More importantly, the largest tips fit my ears
biggrin.gif

They are an amazing value.

What did you not like about the IE80?  The E10, to me, has a pretty wide (above average) soundstage.  I remember the TF10 having a wide one as well and I've read the IE8/80 soundstage is the widest of them all.

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #22 of 110

Quote:
They are an amazing value.

What did you not like about the IE80?  The E10, to me, has a pretty wide (above average) soundstage.  I remember the TF10 having a wide one as well and I've read the IE8/80 soundstage is the widest of them all.

They did have a very wide sound stage and the SQ was excellent as well but they were too shallow and the housing would block from going in any further hence no seal whatsoever. I don't think any other tips would've made a difference. Not to mention that over-the-ear phones are uncomfortable for me. And, most important, I woke up and realized that I just spent $350 for an IEM that I probably wouldn't have noticed much difference from a $30 pair in the outside environment where I will be listening the most.

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #23 of 110
I got a pair in silver/black for the amazing price of just €22 ($28), they were on sale at MP4Nation. They just came in, and I'm giving them a first listening session. First thing I noticed is exactly what I was afraid of, the stock tips are pure evil, haha. The medium sized 'orbs' give great seal with less stress on the ears than the bi-flanges, but I think I will create some custom tips like these: http://www.head-fi.org/t/383917/how-to-best-custom-tips-for-iems-ever-imho-with-pics

Now for the sound. I have used a pair of Sennheiser CX-300 II's for over a year and a half now. They were very bassheavy, but I love bass. These manage bass in a very good way, not like the Sennheisers did. The Senns made the bass pop out, covering up the rest. These sound well controlled. I totally understand what everybody was talking about in reviews, hehe.
biggrin.gif

However, somewhere in the high end I do hear a bit of sibilance. I do believe that burn-in will help these, so I am going to use them for a while to see what they sound like in a few days/weeks.

But I must say, for the price they're going for, they're quite a bargain! I already prefer them over the Sennheisers, after just 30 minutes. But this is, of course, my opinion. I do believe however that 98% of the people trying these will not be disapointed.

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #24 of 110
I've had these for over month. Coming from cheap in ear's, and stock sansa buds, I thought I would be blown away by these but I'm not. It feels like I'm just listening to noise rather than enjoying the music. I really want them to work for me (since I paid quite a bit) but they just don't shine with either rock or pop (which are the 2 genre's I listen to). Bass is very lacking, and little nuances in the tracks which I should be able to hear clearly are way too subtle.

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #25 of 110
I've had these for over month. Coming from cheap in ear's, and stock sansa buds, I thought I would be blown away by these but I'm not. It feels like I'm just listening to noise rather than enjoying the music. I really want them to work for me (since I paid quite a bit) but they just don't shine with either rock or pop (which are the 2 genre's I listen to). Bass is very lacking, and little nuances in the tracks which I should be able to hear clearly are way too subtle.

I guess the obvious question is, are you sure you are getting a good seal?

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #26 of 110
Bass is lacking? 
blink.gif
  I have no idea if there are fakes made of these but there is no way they lack bass (providing you are getting a good seal). They have generous amounts of mid and sub bass. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #27 of 110
Has anyone compared E10 to the Monster Turbine series (Copper and Gold)? Are they noticeably better?

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #28 of 110
I'm definitely getting a good seal. I'm using the largest ones. I guess the seal could be better with comply tips, but I highly doubt the sound would improve that much. Bass is very much lacking. I'm not saying it's non existant, it is there, but the impact is miniscule and bass heavy tracks sound flat. I have to use the digizoid to increase the the lows to some acceptable standard. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #29 of 110

Quote:
I'm definitely getting a good seal. I'm using the largest ones. I guess the seal could be better with comply tips, but I highly doubt the sound would improve that much. Bass is very much lacking. I'm not saying it's non existant, it is there, but the impact is miniscule and bass heavy tracks sound flat. I have to use the digizoid to increase the the lows to some acceptable standard. 

They have to be defective then. There's no way that anyone would describe these as lacking in bass department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back