[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #2,611 of 3,824
To be clear, both links he gave are for the mh1 not the mh1c. The mh1c is ctia compatible. These are omtp. I know, because i got mine from global mobile seller and it is the omtp mh1.

Gah - good spot! I saw the MH1C on the end of the url and looked no further
redface.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #2,612 of 3,824

To be clear, both links he gave are for the mh1 not the mh1c. The mh1c is ctia compatible. These are omtp. I know, because i got mine from global mobile seller and it is the omtp mh1.

Gah - good spot! I saw the MH1C on the end of the url and looked no further
redface.gif

Ah yes.  I see that now.  They must have just used that as a keyword to get more people to find them.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #2,613 of 3,824
Sorry if this has been asked before but 

A:
Is this one legit?
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-WO-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVB6S/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1384738260&sr=1-1&keywords=Sony+MH1
While the white color looks gross tbh the super shipper saving is worth it and works perfectly with the AP History book I need to buy. 

B:
How durable are these? Those threads about exposed wires kinda scares me. 

C:
Will I experience the weird volume issues with a Galaxy S3?

D: This has nothing to do with IEMs and I'm sorry about this but i have a question about amazon. If I buy a super shipper saving item with an item without super shipper saving do I have to pay separate shipping for each or does the non-super shipper saving item qualify with the super shipper saving thing?

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #2,616 of 3,824
Does anyone know whether the galaxy s3 is CTIA or OHTM?

According to a comment here the s3 is ctia, and you need an adapter:
http://milkyzone.weebly.com/1/post/2012/11/-earphone-converter-adapter-convert-omtp-to-ctia-or-ctia-to-omtp-35mm-to-35mm.html

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #2,617 of 3,824
I just modified one of my mh1's to not require any adapter.  The controls won't work, but it will sound "correct" on any device.  I feel like crap, but I'm making a tutorial on my blog as soon as I can if anyone is interested.  It's very easy if you can solder.

Update:
Mmmm adapter-less fuze enjoyment.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #2,618 of 3,824
Nov 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #2,619 of 3,824
  All righty then.  Here is a tutorial for anyone interesting in converting your MH1 or other omtp/ctia headset/earphone to be the opposite or simply fully audio compatible with any device.  I haven't proofread it, because I'm sick and lazy.  You have been warned. :p

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html

Good work
etysmile.gif

Nice of Sony to make it easy too, connecting the two wires underneath would have been more of a challenge.

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #2,620 of 3,824

All righty then.  Here is a tutorial for anyone interesting in converting your MH1 or other omtp/ctia headset/earphone to be the opposite or simply fully audio compatible with any device.  I haven't proofread it, because I'm sick and lazy.  You have been warned. :p

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html

Good work
etysmile.gif

Nice of Sony to make it easy too, connecting the two wires underneath would have been more of a challenge.

Yeah, I wanted to recable them, and may still do that.  However, this seemed a lot safer and easier, because I tested soldering some old ipod earphone cables and that was a royal pain...  It's like doing micro surgery on a dying patient.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #2,621 of 3,824
I just zip tied my switch, takes a few seconds and doesn't protrude too much. I guess you could do a cleaner job with some kid of string or something but this is all I had.

These sound really good and even come with quite a lot of tips.

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #2,622 of 3,824
I just zip tied my switch, takes a few seconds and doesn't protrude too much. I guess you could do a cleaner job with some kid of string or something but this is all I had.

Yeah. I wasn't too worried about mine. The tape may not look fabulous, but it is pretty low profile.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #2,623 of 3,824

Cool idea! I'll do just that when my MH1 arrives, even though I bought an adapter too lol

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #2,625 of 3,824
  I bought the $15 one as a backup, couldn't resist. Are you serious when you say the MH1 is different from the MH1C?

Yes they're different sonically and mechanically. MH1C has a little more bass and a little less treble than the MH1. And the MH1 won't work with most newer phones or players like the Fuze or Clip, while the MH1C will work fine with these phones and players.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back