[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #2,536 of 3,824
An alternative would be to buy some conductive paint which is sold in car repair shops to repair window demister strips, if there's a slight dip in the jack for the black ring you could fill it in with paint.  It might wear if you unplug them a lot but you would have enough left to do it lots of times...

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #2,538 of 3,824

The buttons don't work anyway...

Hello, I just bought the Sony MH1s and they really do sound fantastic. I've never owned any high end IEMs or headphones, but I can say for sure that the MH1s sound better than the JVC Riptidz, Sony MDR-EX71, Sony MDR-EX10LP and the MEElectronics M9s (which are all the IEMs I have owned recently).

Out of all of those I would rank them like this: Sony MH1 > Sony MDR-EX71 > JVC Riptidz > MEElectronics M9 > Sony MDR-EX10LP

Anyway, I love the sound of the MH1s, but, like everybody else, I don't like the cable. I also have the MH1s and not the MH1Cs, so they don't work in my DAPs unless I hold down the middle button.

The thing is, I want to also use it as a headset and it works for that right now. I don't need any of the buttons to work, I just need to be able to hear and be heard during phone calls.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy an adapter, do the soldering trick or maybe try to open up the little control box on the cable and make a change there.

My question is, if I do the soldering fix will it disable the mic and prevent me from using it as a headset?

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #2,540 of 3,824

Yes.  You'd be bridging the mic/control channel to the ground.

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying that. So is there anything I can do at the control box to solve the problem?

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #2,541 of 3,824
Hi.
I just got my MH1's. (cause they are compatible with my nokia 808)
They sound really good , but there is one problem which bothers me really.
After a few minutes of listening the left bud (with the remote) starts to get quieter and quieter.
Is my pair faulty ? Can I solve the issue without recabling ?
Also they have more sub bass and less mids than my XB500 ?!

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #2,542 of 3,824
It's been 10 months now since I gifted my MH1c to a close friend. I kinda miss the smoothness that headset brings. So I decided to order a new pair: Sony MH1 livesound $15 with free shipping! Can't wait for this reunion...

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #2,543 of 3,824
It's been 10 months now since I gifted my MH1c to a close friend. I kinda miss the smoothness that headset brings. So I decided to order a new pair: Sony MH1 livesound $15 with free shipping! Can't wait for this reunion...

Yeah, they're such high quality sounding IEMs for only $15. An incredible deal really. I know what you mean about the smoothness. That's one of the things I like most about them. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #2,544 of 3,824

The mh1 is better than the mh1c in frequency response.  Oh baby. :)

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,545 of 3,824

The mh1 is better than the mh1c in frequency response.  Oh baby. :)

beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,546 of 3,824
Jumping on the bandwagon here. These things are freakin amazing. Kinda want to recable them though...

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #2,548 of 3,824
Hi.
I just got my MH1's. (cause they are compatible with my nokia 808)
They sound really good , but there is one problem which bothers me really.
After a few minutes of listening the left bud (with the remote) starts to get quieter and quieter.
Is my pair faulty ? Can I solve the issue without recabling ?
Also they have more sub bass and less mids than my XB500 ?!

They are?  I liked the MH1C I had before but it didn't play nicely with my Tera and not at all with my 808 so I sold it on.  Now I can get a white/orange pair!

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #2,549 of 3,824

How can I find that deal? (Sony MH1 livesound $15 with free shipping)..pls show me

sorry for my bad English.

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #2,550 of 3,824

How can I find that deal? (Sony MH1 livesound $15 with free shipping)..pls show me

sorry for my bad English.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383880356&sr=8-1&keywords=mh1

This is the one gnarlsagan and I bought.  $20.  Free shipping with prime.  Not sure otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back