[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #1,411 of 3,824
The filter on MH1 is the old filter with the moisture condensation issue in cold environment. That on the MH1C shouldn't affect the sound by much, but it has added moisture resistant barrier.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #1,413 of 3,824
Quote:
Do they really need more "juice"? I think they have just low volumes. Or they need as much juice as full sized headphones...which is/would be kinda ridiculous. I never had any other IEMs that would need me to turn the volume all the way up, only for headphones without the use of an amp. Probably wouldn't have gotten it if I knew beforehand. About the soundstage, I feel they are smaller than the GR06 and Pro Alphas or maybe they are less airy than those aforementioned.

They sound like on par non-amped and with a bad source. Amped+good source, they sound a LOT better. They indeed need a LOT of juice, arguably the most from the IEM's I've heard.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #1,414 of 3,824
Quote:

WOW! ClieOS must be the most influential trendsetter to have ever seen the light of day ever in the entire whole world!

Haha. They must be trying to set the price at GBP12.35 but forgot to put the decimal in.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #1,417 of 3,824
Thanx for the idea. But the real problem is there fit of these. Less weight of the unit but stiff cord results in frequent loosening and falling off.. nothing can be done there. However putting in smaller silicone type tips gets a good hold..

Sent from my GT-I9100

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,418 of 3,824
Quote:
Do they really need more "juice"? I think they have just low volumes. Or they need as much juice as full sized headphones...which is/would be kinda ridiculous. I never had any other IEMs that would need me to turn the volume all the way up, only for headphones without the use of an amp. Probably wouldn't have gotten it if I knew beforehand. About the soundstage, I feel they are smaller than the GR06 and Pro Alphas or maybe they are less airy than those aforementioned.

They sound like on par non-amped and with a bad source. Amped+good source, they sound a LOT better. They indeed need a LOT of juice, arguably the most from the IEM's I've heard.

I totally agree with you.. my current ROM features tweak for giving amp of 6dB otherwise couldn't hear these in noisy environment..

Sent from my GT-I9100

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #1,422 of 3,824
Try them overears, that will hold them nicely.

Quote:
Thanx for the idea. But the real problem is there fit of these. Less weight of the unit but stiff cord results in frequent loosening and falling off.. nothing can be done there. However putting in smaller silicone type tips gets a good hold..
Sent from my GT-I9100

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,423 of 3,824
Quote:
What is the recommended burn in for these?

945 hours of pink noise and a year of brown ...it ll help if you keep a plate of malicious brazilian cherry and the sandals of a preist who has commited adultery next to them.. you don't need to buy the 20 driver heir audio ciems, it ll sound the same..

P.S> 2 weeks of listening to music through them will bring out their true character..

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #1,424 of 3,824
Is there anyone who have spare tips that comes with mh1c?
The ones I bought on eBay came only with medium. Maybe large or small tips will help them stay in my ears!

I am open for trades too. I don't know if it's because of the tips, but I found these IEMs very uncomfortable for me. Willing to trade for more comfortable iems.

PM if you willing to share spare tips or want to trade. Cheers

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #1,425 of 3,824
Quote:
Is there anyone who have spare tips that comes with mh1c?
The ones I bought on eBay came only with medium. Maybe large or small tips will help them stay in my ears!
I am open for trades too. I don't know if it's because of the tips, but I found these IEMs very uncomfortable for me. Willing to trade for more comfortable iems.
PM if you willing to share spare tips or want to trade. Cheers

have you contacted the seller about not receiving the 3 sizes of tips?
you can also get a pair of mh750 that comes with those tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back