[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,006 of 3,824
I wonder if there is a way to find out the production runs for these? I mean so many people and businesses have sold and are selling 100s of them!
Did they produce 100,000, 500,000, a million?  And if we all stopped buying them, I bet the price would go down.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,007 of 3,824
I know from when I bought mine at $20 a week later the same company had them going for $27 so people must be buy quite a few but I don't know if all the different places that sale them are all selling 100's of them though.

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #1,008 of 3,824
How well do these stay in your ear with movement? I'm thinking about picking these up for the gym.

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,009 of 3,824
Quote:
How well do these stay in your ear with movement? I'm thinking about picking these up for the gym.

They stay in my ears great. In fact when I take them out they 'POP' like a champagne cork.
The tips are comfortable and a good length.

What I cannot see is using them for any activity other then listening while sitting and not moving as much as possible. They microphonics are horrible. The cable's slightest rub on any piece of clothing is LOUD and almost seems to be magnified as it reaches my ears. No way can I see them being used during a workout.

Nov 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #1,011 of 3,824

They stay in my ears great. In fact when I take them out they 'POP' like a champagne cork.

What I cannot see is using them for any activity other then listening while sitting and not moving as much as possible. They microphonics are horrible. The cable's slightest rub on any piece of clothing is LOUD and almost seems to be magnified as it reaches my ears. No way can I see them being used during a workout.

I use them for my workouts and others have reported it works for them too. You'll have to get used to over-ear style though:

Try wearing them over-ear style instead of straight down (if you're not doing that already).

I discovered this today when I took the MH1Cs to my workout. I tried wearing them straight at first but they kept getting pulled out. So I caved and tried them over-ear. It takes a bit getting used to but it has it's rewards: Microphonics are vastly reduced, the mic-dongle is out of your way and I also get a better fit/seal inserting them this way. As always, YMMV.

P.S.: One more thing. Wearing the mic thingy behind your ear looks rediculous... but that's a small price to pay for more comfort I think :wink:

If you want to see what that looks like:
You could wear them in any combination you prefer. Though wearing the left side over-ear is the best solution to probably all remote related problems: the weight doesn't pull on the cable and they don't dangle in your face. I also get a better insertion/seal when wearing them like this:

If you don't like them behind your neck, you could use the tape mod to transform them into an y-split and then go over-ear.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #1,013 of 3,824
Quote:
I use them for my workouts and others have reported it works for them too. You'll have to get used to over-ear style though:
If you want to see what that looks like:

I have tried them that way. They do not seems to work for me. I like over the ear, in fact I prefer it. I've worn over the ear phones for the last 7 years.
The two IEMs, one custom and one universal that I mostly use are both over the ear.

Oh well, they do sound amazing for the price we paid.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #1,014 of 3,824
Quote:

Yea they don't fall out of your ears...
When you don't move!
I use mine on the go, and well straight down just does not work, 
the initial push in gives you that suction feel in your ears, 
You think great, its set,
but no after a while they just fall out.
Over ear is great, stays in and especially on the move.
I don't mind over ear, but I prefer straight down,
Anyway cheap, or free ways of making it stay in on the move?
I have a feeling that those Comply's are gonna be the only way, but they are expensive, $20 or something, and thats not including shipping. (I live in New Zealand)

and yes I do use the shirt clip, it helps a little but not a lot.
Thanks

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #1,015 of 3,824
Omnom.

Here's a cheaper alternative for foam tips, most regulars use them....To make them fit on the MH1C you will need to cut the stem off a set of tips you won't use, then use it as an adapter.

Cut the stem off > place it on the MH1C > place the foam tip on.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/earbud-replacement-tips-In-Ear-Earphone-Headphone-Headset-Earbud-Bud-Foam-/150763930110?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item231a3b01fe&_uhb=1

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #1,016 of 3,824
@-Sandro- no packaging, just in a couple of bags.  Be careful though - the more expensive Amazon link you sent is for the MH1 not MH1C - they will only work in Sony-Ericson and Nokia phones not in a normal headphone socket as they are wired differently (see the OP).  I hope the seller gets back to you with a good answer, and updates the listings to explain!

[EDIT]Noticed this under the Total Digital £40 entry

**GENUINE/ORIGINAL & RETAIL PACKED**NEXTDAY DELIVERY**EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE**VAT RECEIPT INCLUDED**

So seems that's the reason.[/EDIT]

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #1,017 of 3,824
Quote:
@-Sandro- no packaging, just in a couple of bags.  Be careful though - the more expensive Amazon link you sent is for the MH1 not MH1C - they will only work in Sony-Ericson and Nokia phones not in a normal headphone socket as they are wired differently (see the OP).  I hope the seller gets back to you with a good answer, and updates the listings to explain!

[EDIT]Noticed this under the Total Digital £40 entry

**GENUINE/ORIGINAL & RETAIL PACKED**NEXTDAY DELIVERY**EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE**VAT RECEIPT INCLUDED**

So seems that's the reason.[/EDIT]

It says the same for the cheap version. i dont understand why people are not worried about this like i am.

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #1,018 of 3,824
Quote:
Omnom.
Here's a cheaper alternative for foam tips, most regulars use them....To make them fit on the MH1C you will need to cut the stem off a set of tips you won't use, then use it as an adapter.
Cut the stem off > place it on the MH1C > place the foam tip on.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/earbud-replacement-tips-In-Ear-Earphone-Headphone-Headset-Earbud-Bud-Foam-/150763930110?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item231a3b01fe&_uhb=1

Hmmm,
I have the T400's would that work instead?
I guess if I found tighter fitting stems and then stuck on the t400s it might work.
I just want to make sure I can use the T400s for the R1 still
just in case

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #1,019 of 3,824
Quote:

It says the same for the cheap version. i dont understand why people are not worried about this like i am.

No need to worry, it just has bulk packaging, you will get 4 pairs of ear tips, a shirt clip and the headset. Its LEGIT and the same reviewed in this thread. No need to worry, go get em, there has been no fakes of MH1C till now.

Quote:

That depends on your ears..I only get perfect seal, isolation and comfort only with triple flange tips(large). Stock tips of MH1C fall part for me on the move, controllable with shirt clip. I dont need shirt clip with triple flanges large.

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #1,020 of 3,824
Hmmm,
I have the T400's would that work instead?
I guess if I found tighter fitting stems and then stuck on the t400s it might work.
I just want to make sure I can use the T400s for the R1 still
just in case

Should work, cut the stem off a set of MH1 tips you don't use, see if you can make an adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back