[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #601 of 3,824
Try different tips for IE80 (though if the bass is overpowering I don't know how that could translate to not sealing too well).  I've got a pair of MH1C lost in the postal system that I'm hoping to get sometime this week so I could do some comparison then...

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #602 of 3,824
Quote:
There is a huge hype in these boys. How do y'all say it compares to the sennheiser ie8 ? I know the price is worlds apart but was just trying to get an idea of how these compare to them. Compare to the tf10 or gr07? I have the ie80 atm but I am considering of returning cuz I just can't find the right seal. It doesn't seal to well for me, and the bass is a bit overpowering to my taste. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be able to do some A/Bing between IE8/GR07 and MH1. I'll try to give some impressions around saturday.

GR07 is brighter. Both IE8 and GR07 have bigger soundstage.

Smaller tips and a deeper seal will make the MH1 sound brighter and bring the mids more forward. (A little bit).

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #603 of 3,824
Try different tips for IE80 (though if the bass is overpowering I don't know how that could translate to not sealing too well).  I've got a pair of MH1C lost in the postal system that I'm hoping to get sometime this week so I could do some comparison then...

I do get a good seal at times, and when I do that's when I felt the bass was overpowering. The mh1c is dirt cheap compared to the ie80, so if it sounded anywhere close to that I would consider it a no brainier to get.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #608 of 3,824
Ordered mine on the last week with shipping (to Hungary) for 15.9GBP (~25.5USD), now already more with 2 GBP :)
For this price really real one or fake from total digital stores in amazonuk? As in my country at least 2 times this price...

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #609 of 3,824
Quote:
I do get a good seal at times, and when I do that's when I felt the bass was overpowering. The mh1c is dirt cheap compared to the ie80, so if it sounded anywhere close to that I would consider it a no brainier to get.

The IE8s are a bit better in everything except for bass impact and isolation. If i have the choice now I would save my money, the isolation is a big plus in my book, and i mainly use it with my phone when i don't want to bring my other rig out, so the mic is very handy.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #614 of 3,824
mods so far are 

foam mod - kova or eke I think (I wont be trying because if I dont like its not reversable and they sound brilliant as is)
Cover vent mod - eke - tried it didnt like it, detracted from the intended presentation and as pointed out is there to stop driver crumpling from preasure change on insertation.
 and finally

Drum roll please.......

Kova's brilliantly simplistic but stupidly brilliant J-CORD TO Y-CORD MUTATION MOD.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #615 of 3,824
Quote:
J-cord, I forever banish thee to the netherlands, never to return!

You're shipping them off to the land of the Dutch???
Oh wait. you meant netherworld
tongue_smile.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back