[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 7, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3,556 of 3,824
  model name?

Quadbeat 3...(hmmm...heard you're protesting at once, ha?)... but, experts are saying the newly released Quadbeat 3 Tuned by AKG sounds more balanced...had the QB3 atm, (MH1 & T1-E as well), & i can say, all praises for QB3's SQ by those sound gurus were HONESTLY said & TRUE... 

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #3,557 of 3,824
Hello All,

Sony MH1 is available in Ebay India ,
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Smart-MH1-LiveSound-Stereo-Hi-Fi-Headset-remote-Black-/252642987056?hash=item3ad2b20c30:g:FbkAAOSw4GVYHcHa

If anyone interested buy it , I brought and its genuine .

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #3,559 of 3,824
  hi, the sound in my MH1C ls coming from right side and very low sound from left, so that that sound is kind off shifted towards the right. can someone suggest how to fix it? thanks

I had that as well. I just used poweramp to push out all the sound from the left side which made it balance out but lose out on some SQ.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #3,561 of 3,824
  hi, the sound in my MH1C ls coming from right side and very low sound from left, so that that sound is kind off shifted towards the right. can someone suggest how to fix it? thanks

Try playing music on your mobile phone (has to be mobile phone) on max volume and then plug the headphones in it while playing. I had the same problem and this did usually solve that.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #3,562 of 3,824
Hello, I had three of these and I really like them. Just curious if there's another "secret" that has been found during these years that has the same value. Another sound signature is fine as well.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #3,563 of 3,824
So glad I found this thread.  I have these headphones but moved on from Sony phones to HTC.  I tried it with my HTC phone and it didn't work properly.  Can someone signpost me or tell me a link or brand name for an adaptor that will allow me to use this with my HTC 10 phone?

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #3,564 of 3,824
So glad I found this thread.  I have these headphones but moved on from Sony phones to HTC.  I tried it with my HTC phone and it didn't work properly.  Can someone signpost me or tell me a link or brand name for an adaptor that will allow me to use this with my HTC 10 phone?

You'll need an OMTP/CTIA adapter. Search for the Sony EC250 which can be had on eBay for <$5.

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #3,565 of 3,824
You'll need an OMTP/CTIA adapter. Search for the Sony EC250 which can be had on eBay for <$5.

Thank you for your quick reply!  However it seems that after a quick look that it is a bit of  minefield as to whether these adopters actually work properly.  

https://www.amazon.com/Honsky-Universal-Female-Earphone-Adapter/dp/B00ON7PXFS

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-R800x-Headphones-Adaptor-1249-0456/product-reviews/B009HW15UG/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Obviously it is quite cheap but from reading lots of reviews on Amazon it seems a lot of these adopters function only as extenders instead.  I may take a gamble on on on ebay becasue as you mentioned it is cheap :) Thanks again!

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #3,566 of 3,824
Thank you for your quick reply!  However it seems that after a quick look that it is a bit of  minefield as to whether these adopters actually work properly.  

https://www.amazon.com/Honsky-Universal-Female-Earphone-Adapter/dp/B00ON7PXFS

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-R800x-Headphones-Adaptor-1249-0456/product-reviews/B009HW15UG/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Obviously it is quite cheap but from reading lots of reviews on Amazon it seems a lot of these adopters function only as extenders instead.  I may take a gamble on on on ebay becasue as you mentioned it is cheap :) Thanks again!

I have 3 of the EC250 adapters, and all work fine with my Xperia Z, Z2, LG G2, and HTC One M9, so it should be fine if you get the Sony branded one.

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #3,567 of 3,824
anyone know if this vendor is trustworthy?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Headset-Earpiece-For-Sony-MH1C-Xperia-Z3-Z-Ultra-Z1-L55T-XL39h-C6802-C6833-Z2-Z1-/262215946801?hash=item3d0d49d231:g:8qoAAOSwNyFWg6~6

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,569 of 3,824

Many China sellers offer MH1C for 20-25€ shipped nowadays, on AliExpress someone sells them for 21€ at the moment.
I just received a pair from him and compared with my original MH1, from build and sound quality they seem genuine.
However, the accessories are not genuine. The medium-sized tips on the earphones are original, but the small and large size ones and the shirt clips are fake and pretty bad.
It's not a problem for me because I have lots of original MH1 tips, but if you need got S or L size tips, don't rely on the ones from the Chinese sellers.

I think MH1 packaging wasn't really documented yet. MH1 was / is sold as retail (boxed) and bulk. Both always include 3 pairs of colored tips (S, M, L; green for black and orange for white), 3 pairs of black / white tips (S, M, L) and a shirt clip that's adjusted to the flat cable (shirt clips from China are not adjusted and don't fit to the flat cable well).
This is not counting the M pair that's always sitting on the MH1, so in total you get 7 pairs of tips.

In boxed packaging, the tips are in a transparent tube. It's a bit difficult to get them out of it, but it's a kinda cool carrying case I think.
In bulk packaging, they are in small "GreenHeart by Sony Ericsson" labeled fabric bags, one for each color. Shirt clip is included in the black / white bag.

MH1 were available on Amazon.de for less than 5€ shipped sometimes, so needless to say I hoarded them.

One pair I recabled for use with my good old Meizu M6TS, or for going running - the flat cable and microphone / control unit weight is bothersome even when using the shirt clip there to me.

Cable used is the 8$ one from Lunashops. Nowadays I'd go for the 2€ "KZ" cables with 90° plug from AliExpress though, they are good too and I can't really justify paying more for the replacement cable than the earphones themselves.

Soldering to the cut-off flat cables like I did here is difficult / frustrating though. The MH1 wires hardly take the solder at all. Multiple burning and scraping off the coating with scalpel / cutter was necessary. I'll only solder the KZ cables to my MH1 once the original cable breaks because of that.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #3,570 of 3,824
is this earphone still worth buying in 2017? you'd think maybe its outdated?

anyways my sony phone comes with the stock mh750 which is what Im using right now. but i was thinking what would be a good replacement for it once it breaks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back