[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #3,376 of 3,824
I found that for some music, I like to leave the EQ flat and on other tracks the bass was just too much and i EQ'ed it down. So I made an in-line HPF with two settings: One with a cut off at about 25 Hz and a bypass setting.  

It works quite well! In this way I can easily toggle between reduced bass and original bass levels when I'm on the go 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #3,378 of 3,824
  I found that for some music, I like to leave the EQ flat and on other tracks the bass was just too much and i EQ'ed it down. So I made an in-line HPF with two settings: One with a cut off at about 25 Hz and a bypass setting.  

It works quite well! In this way I can easily toggle between reduced bass and original bass levels when I'm on the go 
biggrin.gif

Amazing!

Dec 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,380 of 3,824
I visited a large electronics chain (Media Markt) two days ago, for the first time in quite a few years. They had a desk with BOSE earphones where you could test them with your own devices. Because I had my Meizu M6TS and my recabled Sony MH1 with  me, I decided to compare it against the most expensive one (250€).

Turned out it sounded considerably worse than the MH1. Less, if even any deep bass response, bad seal, less clear mids and highs … it’s so ridiculous how good the MH1 are and that so few people know about them.

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,381 of 3,824

Hehe thank you 
biggrin.gif

Be careful that you don't get them near wetness. They suffer from channel imbalance if you expose them to any kind of it and they are really sensitive when it comes to that. Try listen to the MH1 with high volume. They are a dream if you do that.
  I visited a large electronics chain (Media Markt) two days ago, for the first time in quite a few years. They had a desk with BOSE earphones where you could test them with your own devices. Because I had my Meizu M6TS and my recabled Sony MH1 with  me, I decided to compare it against the most expensive one (250€).

Turned out it sounded considerably worse than the MH1. Less, if even any deep bass response, bad seal, less clear mids and highs … it’s so ridiculous how good the MH1 are and that so few people know about them.

Bose earphones are way overpriced anyway and it's hard to find a earphone similar to the MH1 even when going up to 200€.
The smoothness paired with the deep rumble is a pretty unique trait of the MH1.

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #3,382 of 3,824
Be careful that you don't get them near wetness. They suffer from channel imbalance if you expose them to any kind of it and they are really sensitive when it comes to that. Try listen to the MH1 with high volume. They are a dream if you do that.
Bose earphones are way overpriced anyway and it's hard to find a earphone similar to the MH1 even when going up to 200€.
The smoothness paired with the deep rumble is a pretty unique trait of the MH1.

You are right. They are gorgeous on high volume! The only thing I am missing is that the bass could be lot tighter. But then again, I got them for $10. I actually used them when I was out in the rain yesterday :eek: I hope they will not be damaged...
It does not surprise me that the bose fall short of the MH1 :D

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #3,383 of 3,824
Hi there. I wonder if there is a big difference in SQ between Mh1 and Mh1c? I.m tired using fiio lu1 with my Mh1 to work properly with i-9305 from Samsung.

The other thing is that i've lost grey filters and did not have replacement for them, also i've been forced to replace foam filters. I think that there is now less bass. Anyone tried to use various foams as a filters? 

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #3,384 of 3,824
  Hi there. I wonder if there is a big difference in SQ between Mh1 and Mh1c? I.m tired using fiio lu1 with my Mh1 to work properly with i-9305 from Samsung.

The other thing is that i've lost grey filters and did not have replacement for them, also i've been forced to replace foam filters. I think that there is now less bass. Anyone tried to use various foams as a filters? 

They sound almost the same. The Mh1 has a tiny bit more treble than the Mh1c. The difference might be due to the extra filter the Mh1c has at the nozzle.

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #3,385 of 3,824
Hello guys, So this IEM served me well for 2 years. Wow, I'm a fan especially that bass. Sadly the right stopped working. What can you suggest as an upgrade? I'm thinking between FXZ200, EX90EX and RHA 750. Thanks! 
etysmile.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #3,387 of 3,824
  Hello guys, So this IEM served me well for 2 years. Wow, I'm a fan especially that bass. Sadly the right stopped working. What can you suggest as an upgrade? I'm thinking between FXZ200, EX90EX and RHA 750. Thanks! 
etysmile.gif

If one channel stops working it could be due to humidity. Why don't you just dry it, with a hair-dryer, by placing it on a radiator or something like that. If that fails too, why not buy another pair? They are still dirt-cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back