[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 29, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #2,717 of 3,824
Hi, I just received my MH1 from Amazon UK. They sound just amazing for the price (Maybe better than my Bose intras... And better than my XBA1). Thanks a lot !

They are available here for £9.9 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385731214&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+MH1

But i'm living in France so i ordered them on Amazon.fr, they were priced at €15, but they are now priced €8.9 : 

http://www.amazon.fr/Sonyericsson-1252-5503-LiveSound-Casque-filaire/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385731303&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+mh1

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2,718 of 3,824
If there's one thing I'm really impressed about the MH1: It's ability to scale with your equipment. The better the source file (flac), dap, and amp, the MH1 just performs worthy of your time and attention!

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2,719 of 3,824
Hello, I have a question. With some songs, the MH1 are frizzling. Is it normal ?

Otherwise, is it a good upgrade to buy the Yamaha EPH-100 ? 

Thanks 
smile.gif

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #2,720 of 3,824
The mh1 works fine with my iphone 5 and the iphone 4g of my brother. Don't know about the galaxy

A friend who has an iphone 5 wants to get an MH1. I have the iphone 3GS but my MH1 does not work  with it, and I also thought all (newer?) iphones were CTIA. Can someone please confirm/clarify: does the MH1 work with the iphone 5 or does it need an adapter?

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #2,721 of 3,824

Last few notes on this topic: (1) CTIA plug is compatible to almost all typical 3.5mm TRS socket, meaning you should be able to use the headset as typical IEM on any mp3 player (i.e. iPod, Cowon, Sansa Clip, etc). OMTP plug on the other is not compatible to most 3.5mm TRS socket and only sound normal with the TRRS smart adapter mentioned before or when you pressed the call button on the remote. (2) Given Apple iDevice also use the CTIA standard, you can use the MH1C on any iDevices as well, but the volume control and smart button won’t work. Only the call button is functional. [UPDATE 30th Oct. 2012] I just got my Nano 7G and can confirm the mic won't work on it. Given I have tested the mic on my Nano 4G and it works, the current conclusion is - MH1 will likely work only on older iDevices but not the latest generation. Apple must have changed something along the way... [UPDATE again] As I was playing around all the different headset I have to figure out just which headset works with Nano 7G (and possibly iPhone 5) and which isn't, I stumble upon a solution to let MH1's mic and call button to work with Nano 7G and it is quite simple - it seems what Apple has done in the recent generation of iDevice is they have changed the resistance inside the remote that needs to trigger the mic and call button function, thus making some headset work while other won't. So how do we trigger the mic and call button function on MH1 (and likely on other headset that current don't work with the latest iDevice)? Easy, just press either Volume+ or Volume- button when you plug the headset in and release it when plugged in. The volume control still won't work, but it will give you the ability to answer call and play/pause music (single press), skip to next song (double press), back to previous song (triple press), voice over (long hold) and voice memo recording.

Many thanks ClieOS, for introducing me to these gems! In what you have written above, are you saying that the MH1's mic and call buttons can be made to work on the Nano 7G (and possibly iphone 5) or did you mean to say the MH1C's? I'm interested in knowing the extent of compatibility between the MH1 and the iphone 5.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #2,722 of 3,824
Sorry about the confusion. It should be MH1C.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #2,724 of 3,824
My mh1 works with the audio of my ipod touch 5g ctia, but not the controls, however it doesn't work with my sansa players. Not sure if all new idevices are like that... You can make a very easy soldering change to fix the controls or buy a very cheap adapter... Just an fyi.z

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #2,729 of 3,824
My mh1 works with the audio of my ipod touch 5g ctia, but not the controls, however it doesn't work with my sansa players. Not sure if all new idevices are like that... You can make a very easy soldering change to fix the controls or buy a very cheap adapter... Just an fyi.z

Thanks for the info. Does the mic on the touch work too? If so, the touch can handle both CTIA  and OMTP ... interesting..... and  the iphone 5 audio probably also works with the MH1s. I'm aware of the mods and the adapter but I was trying to find out for a friend (in another country) who wouldn't be up to doing the mods. Think I'll just wait till he gets the MH1s, and he can get an adapter if they don't work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back