[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #2,641 of 3,824
Nov 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #2,642 of 3,824

I wouldn't bother even it was possible. The significant flaw in the QB2 is in the upper mids... 
frown.gif

It isn't, the GR07 sounds like a mess in comparison in the upper mids. Try Comply TS-400, or different insertion depth.  

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #2,643 of 3,824
  It isn't, the GR07 sounds like a mess in comparison in the upper mids. Try Comply TS-400, or different insertion depth.  

I have. The comply tips do help a bit but I can still hear the flaws I've stated in my review. Thanks for that suggestion btw.

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #2,644 of 3,824
H200 is also a mess in the upper mids, actually it sounds hollow in comparison to the QB2. You can also add dampers to the QB2 and it sounds smoother, though I don't it's needed IMO. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #2,645 of 3,824
  H200 is also a mess in the upper mids, actually it sounds hollow in comparison to the QB2. You can also add dampers to the QB2 and it sounds smoother, though I don't it's needed IMO. 

We can talk about that in the H200 thread...

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #2,647 of 3,824
Nov 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #2,648 of 3,824
No need to turn this into an extra chat in this thread, the topic was obviously continued though you didn't initiate. Move the topic please as you did with H200.

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #2,649 of 3,824
Upper mids of the QB2 okay for me, I just need 5db 100-200hz cut

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #2,651 of 3,824
  No need to turn this into an extra chat in this thread, the topic was obviously continued though you didn't initiate. Move the topic please as you did with H200.

Why should I start two topics just for you mate?! We are already discussing this in the H200 thread and you still try to push your opinions in this thread. Sorry... not worth my time!

You want the harsh truth from me? IMO the QB2 sounds cheap compared to the MH1! GR07 beater? Maybe... but until I have heard the GR07, I will not comment on that. For the record: The Zero Audio Carbo Basso/Tenor sound superior to your beloved QB2 IMHO!

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #2,652 of 3,824
   Why should I start two topics just for you mate?! We are already discussing this in the H200 thread and you still try to push your opinions in this thread. Sorry... not worth my time!

You want the harsh truth from me? IMO the QB2 sounds cheap compared to the MH1! GR07 beater? Maybe... but until I have heard the GR07, I will not comment on that. For the record: The Zero Audio Carbo Basso/Tenor sound superior to your beloved QB2 IMHO!

This is the MH1 thread, please.... I already can smell the bias, since I'm viewed as a QB2 "lover" and you seem to highly disagree with me, no surprise. Both the MH1 and QB2 are great and their flaws are in the bass for both, H200....not so much IMO, specially considering it's price.

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #2,653 of 3,824
  This is the MH1 thread, please.... I already can smell the bias, since I'm viewed as a QB2 "lover" and you seem to highly disagree with me, no surprise. Both the MH1 and QB2 are great and their flaws are in the bass for both, H200....not so much IMO, specially considering it's price.

Please... I have both and I clearly stated the QB2's strengths which I admire. Bias? Read my review again...

CONCLUSION:

As much as I like the sound signature of the Quadbeat 2, I do find it incapable of delivering in certain songs/genres. This puts it at a disadvantage when placed head-to-head against the MH1 which is a better all-rounder. BUT… and it’s a big BUT: when playing the right kind of songs/genres, boy this IEM can really sing. I now have a separate playlist just for the LG Quadbeat 2 because it can be a magnificent IEM if you choose the songs wisely.

So, is the LG Quadbeat 2 worth all the attention? YES and NO… YES because it can be a great sounding IEM if given the right type of songs. NO because it does have a few glaring faults. But I can’t really complain... this is a $30 IEM after all! 

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #2,654 of 3,824

I think the "veil" at this point becomes a question of your bass preference.  I prefer less bass as a reference, but I can listen to it without bass reduction and find it sounds excellent.  I think it comes down to whether you prefer the +6db bass rule or not.  With a slight mod this is very in-line with that rule.  Without the rule you might find them "veiled", but luckily the bass is boosted in a uniform way...

it still sounds great without the reduction but better with it, the mod suggested proves that. Now it was mentioned the "veil" is gone with the mod suggested, it isn't, it's still there, the only way to get rid of it is with Rin's more comprehensive mod, which keeps the boosted bass in the proper region but rids of the midbass masking. 

I said I agreed it sounded better.  But some people find a flat reference sound to be too "thin" or "bass light".  If you're one of those people, I wouldn't consider the added bass/mid-bass to be "veil" as much as "body".  That's all.  I eq my bass down a good amount.  I'll probably try a mod soon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back