[REVIEW] Shure SE215
Jul 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #16 of 296
yeah i know what those are and i don't mind those and all the sports earbuds are either over ear with an obnoxious design or just like the cx 680 with a fin which will give me a lot of microphonics which i dont like which may seem odd that im fine with the bone conduction but im used to that with my ms 400 and i don't run that much so i mean the runing thing is just a side option.
And anything about keeping the thing in place from swivling around or even heating the memory cable to wrap around my ear more tightly?

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 296

Quote:
And anything about keeping the thing in place from swivling around or even heating the memory cable to wrap around my ear more tightly?

You are actually thinking about buying an IEM and void its warranty right when you get it? If so, sky is the limit.

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #18 of 296

Quote:
You are actually thinking about buying an IEM and void its warranty right when you get it? If so, sky is the limit.

lol i'm assuming uver never tried any of that ? well what about simple tape? 
and also have u heard the denon 560 or the monster turbines because those two are my back up contendors 

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #19 of 296
Quote:

Well, I prefer not to fix thing that isn't broken.

Quote:
and also have u heard the denon 560 or the monster turbines because those two are my back up contendors 

No and no. Everything I have or tried are listed in my profile.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 296
lol sorry one more thing or well a few last things
do they sound fun?
when do u get cut off is there a specific way u need to distort the cable of if u leave it in its fine?
also if i never actually detatch the cable or anything will do u think i will have any issues with the socket? because thats the only thing keeping me from buying it 

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 296

Quote:
lol sorry one more thing or well a few last things
do they sound fun?
when do u get cut off is there a specific way u need to distort the cable of if u leave it in its fine?
also if i never actually detatch the cable or anything will do u think i will have any issues with the socket? because thats the only thing keeping me from buying it 

Yes, SE215 does sound fun.

My cable only get cutoff at a very odd angle that only happens if I twist the cable in a specific way, It is fine on normal use. AFAIK, there is no way to tell whether you will face the problem or not without trying first. As I have suggested in the review: to avoid the issue totally, you should pick one up from a store (which you can try immediately) to eliminate any doubt.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #22 of 296

Quote:
Yes, SE215 does sound fun.

My cable only get cutoff at a very odd angle that only happens if I twist the cable in a specific way, It is fine on normal use. AFAIK, there is no way to tell whether you will face the problem or not without trying first. As I have suggested in the review: to avoid the issue totally, you should pick one up from a store (which you can try immediately) to eliminate any doubt.

yeah im buying from bestbuy so if something happens ill return it 

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #26 of 296
Sep 13, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #28 of 296

I will pipe in here. I own the Denon 560R now along with the Se215 and while I will be selling both soon I can give some thoughts on both as well as the MT's. The MT's have the most recessed midrange of the 3 and a very small closed soundstage. But decent bass and slightly rolled off highs. They would be my least favorite.

The 560R are great choice if you want an iPhone compatible IEM as they are about the same price as the stock SE215. I would say thy have a more U or V shaped signature with the mids being neutral while the bass and treble are slightly spiked. They are comfortable to where and have slightly better treble than the Se215 but a slightly smaller sound stage than the Se215 and are a bit muddier all around. Sonically and cfort wise they are my second choice. If you want iPhone they would jump aged of the Se215 as I think the iPhone option makes them to expensive even though the cable does make them slightly more comfortable and adds slightly to be treble.

The Se215 has the tightest bass of all 3 and the richest midrange, but the treble does roll off pretty quickly tying it with the MT in that area. They have the best sound stage and instrument separation though. Build wise and sonic wise I think they are the best of the 3 as I have had no issues with mine and like how they are designed.

If you don't mind used, watch the FS forum as I will have both my Se215 (with both cables) and 560R up for sale soon. They are both great IEM's but I have settled on the GR07 for myself so need to sell some of my other IEM's as part of a pact I have with myself and my wife in regards to not keeping to many things on hand I am not using.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #29 of 296

Quote:
May I know the reason? Since the Eterna is above the SE215 in your Concise IEM review?

You are mistaking Eterna and Eterna v2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back