Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure SE846
Apr 13, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #182 of 436
I assume your choice of tips are removed when using these sleeves?

Completely.  There is no similar substitute for the SCS regarding choice of tips, in my opinion.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #183 of 436
I assume your choice of tips are removed when using these sleeves?

Absolutely.  No tips when using the SCS.  Insert the SE846 (sans tips) into the sleeves, and then the sleeves into your ears.  

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #184 of 436
Thanks guys for confirming, its how I imagined them.

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #186 of 436
Joined the cool kid's club Friday night when my crystal shells arrived. 2 week turn around. Sound is great. I've been a fan of the blue filter but now sampling the whites which previously I had not liked. However, the sleeves really ground the base and allow the mids and highs to separate. Next test is a 15 hour flight in a week. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #187 of 436
Joined the cool kid's club Friday night when my crystal shells arrived. 2 week turn around. Sound is great. I've been a fan of the blue filter but now sampling the whites which previously I had not liked. However, the sleeves really ground the base and allow the mids and highs to separate. Next test is a 15 hour flight in a week. 

Pics or it didn't happen! Just kidding...kinda. Welcome and congrats! What Crystal color did you purchase and do you have any pictures of them? You can also try modding the blue and/or black nozzle inserts/filters (take a safety pin and remove the foam dampers), as some members have experienced an elevation of auditory satisfaction with the mod.

Have fun during your flight!

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #190 of 436
I see Abbey Road behind your iems.  The 24bit sounds fantastic with my Comply Pro tips.  I'm hoping it will sound even better with the Sensaphonics.  

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #191 of 436
Once you receive, I'd be interested in your impressions with the X5. The detail should be quite impressive. I tried the X5 for a month. Really liked the sound but the unit crashed. A lot! I think it was a tag issue and might pull the trigger again or wait for the X7 release.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #192 of 436
I use my Pono, am selling the X5.  If you want a good deal on it, pm me as I haven't listed it yet.  Leather case, two 64 cards, box, etc.  I tried my 846s with it (single-ended, of course) and it sounded great.  But the Pono sounds better single-ended and considerably better balanced.  

If the one you had was crashing, most likely you had a problem with tagging.  A good tagging editor can fix that problem.  I can't recall mine ever crashing.  Also, it's very easy to reinstall the firmware, which should remove any other issues.  I found the X5 a very nice unit, and I'd still be using it if my son hadn't given me the Pono for Xmas.  It's been sitting in its box since then.  

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #193 of 436
Don't wait on me. So far the simplicity of my stack keeps me happy but I'm always looking to raise the bar. I'm going to demo the AKs this month at Axpona. I've also been hearing good things about the Pono.

Apr 14, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #194 of 436
Looks like a Headphone Lounge Silver Litz and crystal blue or purple sleeves - exactly my set-up

These things are a perfect for sweaty gym sessions - helps to protect the 846s if you're not using a case carrying them around in a gym bag as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back