Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure SE846
Mar 26, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #151 of 436
Wow. This site is still going strong!! Awesome! Subscribed!

Of course, as long as people post their impressions and thoughts regarding the SCS, it shouldn't going anywhere anytime soon.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Quick question, you think a good seal with the scs creates suction when you move them?? I mean is that the standard for ideal isolation??

When the SCS has an exemplary seal and therefore exemplary isolation, there should be a vacuum-like seal to the SCS, and you should slightly feel it when removing them from your ears.

Reply from Sensaphonics (Stan):  "That sometimes comes up for people who order custom sleeves in color. If you mail those back to us, we will happily fix and ship those back to you at no charge. This is our standard fit warranty. To be safe, I would send back the impressions too, if our lab decides it'd be best to remake them. If we go with that route, you'd be put at the front of our queue and turn-around will be expedited. I don't think your particular issue will come to this, though. "

With regards to the reply (assuming the reply is based on your canal being small and choked off), Stan is correct.  

What I would add to it to maybe expedite the process is to have your audiologist remake the side impression you are having an issue with (should be free), instructing the audiologist to go very deep (as deep as they can without hurting you) with the foam stop so they can take as deep/long and full as impressions as they can, so you can have the best impression you can get, and then send (and mark on the impression bags) the new impression as well as the old one, and then Sensaphonics can choose the one they think is the best and then work from that one.  

These steps should aid you even further with creating the correct and best fit for you.  

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #152 of 436
Looking at my particular sleeves, the "canal" seemed too narrow, in my opinion it should open up slightly (if anything) away from the IEM or the sound is going to be compressed - that's exactly what it sounded like, the treble was especially choked off, maybe they will just "bore them out"

Can't go any deeper on the impressions without being painful - it was right on the edge.  If these don't work out, next step is  Earwerkz Legend Rs

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #153 of 436
Looking at my particular sleeves, the "canal" seemed too narrow, in my opinion it should open up slightly (if anything) away from the IEM or the sound is going to be compressed - that's exactly what it sounded like, the treble was especially choked off, maybe they will just "bore them out"

Can't go any deeper on the impressions without being painful - it was right on the edge.  If these don't work out, next step is  Earwerkz Legend Rs

Whatever happens with the SCS process for you (I'm confident it should work out for you), the Legend R is on another level of bliss. I'll be comparing my custom Legend R, Legend R demo which I have put more than 300 hrs burn in time, SE846 + SCS, and others in an upcoming review in the near future (you'll be able to see it on my signature and/or profile).

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #155 of 436
For anyone ordering for the 846, the full shell sleeve is automatically selected (price remains the same).  For smaller Shure iems it is an option, the default being the smaller sleeve.  I just got off the phone with them.   

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #156 of 436
  For anyone ordering for the 846, the full shell sleeve is automatically selected (price remains the same).  For smaller Shure iems it is an option, the default being the smaller sleeve.  I just got off the phone with them.   

+1, I got the full shells for my SE425. Highly recommended for better seal and comfort. And for the same price why not?

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #160 of 436
Okay, 3 weeks and 1 day after my impressions were made at the Audiologist's office, my Sensaphonic SCS sleeves have arrived.  Woohoo!  The fit is definitely comfortable, and maybe my imagination, but the entire range seems clearer, from highs to lows.  After a few hours, a definite hit and worth the price of $250 (everything included in that price).

However, I'm getting mixed reviews on the colors (blue/black swirl).  I'm happy with it, and the likelihood they could be confused for someone else' pair is slim.

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #161 of 436
  Okay, 3 weeks and 1 day after my impressions were made at the Audiologist's office, my Sensaphonic SCS sleeves have arrived.  Woohoo!  The fit is definitely comfortable, and maybe my imagination, but the entire range seems clearer, from highs to lows.  After a few hours, a definite hit and worth the price of $250 (everything included in that price).

However, I'm getting mixed reviews on the colors (blue/black swirl).  I'm happy with it, and the likelihood they could be confused for someone else' pair is slim.

I would put the pictures in a spoiler, but since your SCS are so gorgeous, that I'll leave it as it is!  Very nice, and awesome pictures!

I believe your imagination of elevated highs to lows has been made a reality with your SCS.  

Let us know how you like it when working out if you choose to do so with your SE846 + SCS combo.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #163 of 436
  Sensaphonics reworked the sleeves, the "canals" are larger now and hopefully the sound will be less compressed/muffled

Were you able to try them on?  When you do, please let us know how they fit.  

Thanks for the update!

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #164 of 436
Fit/seal/isolation - excellent as before

SQ - better than last time, but still seems "compressed", my standard Westone orange comply tips seal almost as well (at least a fresh pair of them) and sound more open and "airy"

Still on the fence about these, fortunately it wasn't a huge investment....

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #165 of 436
  Fit/seal/isolation - excellent as before

SQ - better than last time, but still seems "compressed", my standard Westone orange comply tips seal almost as well (at least a fresh pair of them) and sound more open and "airy"

Still on the fence about these, fortunately it wasn't a huge investment....

Thanks for your impressions.  Since these are so personal, your mileage will vary, but since these are so enveloping, there may be a sense of elevated warmness to the overall presentation of the music.  Maybe they can open up the canal or make both slightly shorter?  Not sure if you would like to go through with it though.  Did they use the same impressions or did they make new custom sleeves with the new/updated impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back