Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure SE846
Nov 22, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #406 of 436
You should never have to "push them in and hold them there." Once they are fully inserted, they should stay in position. So something has changed.

Definitely make the call.

Sensaphonics: 312-432-1714
Mon-Fri, 9a-5p CST (closed Th-Fri this week)

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #407 of 436
You should never have to "push them in and hold them there." Once they are fully inserted, they should stay in position. So something has changed.

Definitely make the call.

Sensaphonics: 312-432-1714
Mon-Fri, 9a-5p CST (closed Th-Fri this week)

Yeah, the general feel of them in my ears is a lot different than I remember when I had them. It almost feels like the long thin part that goes into my ear canal is pushing down on to my actual ear rather than fitting in like it once did. When I first got them I could wear it with no music playing and just about barely hear someone trying to have a conversation with me 5 feet away. Now with them both inserted and music on I can hear full on conversations and what not, very little isolation.

Thanks for the number. I will call ASAP

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #409 of 436
Jan 10, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #411 of 436
  New colors just came out - say hello to our Crystal Glitter collection!

In fact, all custom colors are free for the holidays: Glisten While You Listen.

That's weird that these are newly released.  The audiophile fairies must have tipped you that I'd be placing an order soon.

Just checking in as with others here.  I've dumped my last earphone company, Ultimate Ears, after a 10-year *tumultuous* relationship.  I'm looking for a new love with Sensaphonics.  I ordered sleeves to go with SE535s that I used extensively while traveling, shopping, bookstore reading, etc.  The SE535s (outside of customs) are outstanding.  So much so that when the headphone cord wore out years ago, I sent them for repair (this was after three years of owning them).  THEN, when they got stolen, I bought them again!  I'm psyched to have the perfect duo of great headphones and custom sleeves.

Some questions after thoroughly reading this 28-page thread:

Do I need to call Sensaphonics and let them know I want the full sleeve?  Or will they just make it automatically?
When the doctor made my impressions, I did a lot of smiling, mouth opening, and gum chewing--which was fine.  I was a bit worried though that with one ear, the impression seemed looser--as if I could shake my head really hard and it would fall out.  The doc said that as the mold hardened, loosening is normal.  But my other ear stayed steady with no loosening.  

I'm guessing that only time will tell if the sleeves don't fit, or fit incorrectly...but just wondering if anyone has a take on it.

I'm pretty excited to be getting my new sleeves.  Customs are absolutely the way to go.  I work out constantly, and customs are perfect in a noisy gym.  

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #412 of 436

That's weird that these are newly released.  The audiophile fairies must have tipped you that I'd be placing an order soon.

Just checking in as with others here.  I've dumped my last earphone company, Ultimate Ears, after a 10-year *tumultuous* relationship.  I'm looking for a new love with Sensaphonics.  I ordered sleeves to go with SE535s that I used extensively while traveling, shopping, bookstore reading, etc.  The SE535s (outside of customs) are outstanding.  So much so that when the headphone cord wore out years ago, I sent them for repair (this was after three years of owning them).  THEN, when they got stolen, I bought them again!  I'm psyched to have the perfect duo of great headphones and custom sleeves.

Some questions after thoroughly reading this 28-page thread:

Do I need to call Sensaphonics and let them know I want the full sleeve?  Or will they just make it automatically?
When the doctor made my impressions, I did a lot of smiling, mouth opening, and gum chewing--which was fine.  I was a bit worried though that with one ear, the impression seemed looser--as if I could shake my head really hard and it would fall out.  The doc said that as the mold hardened, loosening is normal.  But my other ear stayed steady with no loosening.  

I'm guessing that only time will tell if the sleeves don't fit, or fit incorrectly...but just wondering if anyone has a take on it.

I'm pretty excited to be getting my new sleeves.  Customs are absolutely the way to go.  I work out constantly, and customs are perfect in a noisy gym.  

Let Sensaphonics know you want the Full Sleeves, so there won't be any possible issues, especially since you'll be attaching the SCS to your SE535, as the Full Sleeve is the default option for the SE846, and the default is Regular Shell for the SE535.

As for possible fit issues, I wouldn't worry about it.  Just try it out when you receive them, and see/feel if you like it.  If you don't, Sensaphonics will refit it/them for you within 30 days.

The SCS is also great in the gym, at least for my needs.

Cheers and good luck!

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #414 of 436
Moedawg140's review convinced me to go for SCS and I'm so glad I did it. They do take SE846 to next level. Customer service at Sensaphonics is awesome. Thanks to Maurice(Moedawg140) and Stan at Sensaphonics. Really enjoying my phones with sleeve

Glad you are enjoying the SCS! Just wondering, what color/style did you get? Any pictures would be lovely as well. Thanks in advance if you do post any pictures! :beerchug:

May 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #415 of 436
Dear all,

First off what an amazing forum with lots of great information!

Recently I became intrested in custom sleeves for my shure se846 due to the less then perfect fit of these IEM in my small ears.
But her also lies my concern. If i look trough this thread i saw i mentioned a couple of times that with the sensaphonics sleeves they will stick out a bit more than usual.

My questions is: based on this information do you guys think its a good idea to go with the sensaphonics sleeves and will they fit me? Can anyone provide a bit more insight to a guy with smaller ears or show me picture from the front on how far they stick out? I'm worried that due to the greater distance the sound signature of the IEM will changes for the worse and that is something i certainly don't want.

For further information currently using the yellow foams, smallest foam olives also fits but gets quit uncomfortable in a short periode of time and does make them stick out a bit further

For reference a picture of them in. As you can see they barely fit and most of the time i have to re-adjust them after a while because the back part ( antitragus?) will push them sort of out of my ear.

Thank you for your time and assistance it is greatly appreciated. ( Hoping my english is readable as a non native speaking dutch person )

yw0mldlmj9jaz.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #417 of 436
Aug 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #418 of 436
Thanks! Please let us know how it all goes. What color(s) will you be choosing?
I emailed the audiologist Sensaphonics recommends in Milwaukee David Kloss, and he answered yesterday evening! Fantastic service.

Hope to get there next week or week after that, it will be four hour driving. Looking at full sleeve and think I saw crystal brown was a good color.

Seems that they charge me directly both for their work and the sleeves from Sensaphonics for 200 bucks. Sounds cheap but hopefully it works out fine.

Love the sound of the KSE1500, real true reproduction. Gave my 846 to my wife. Too bass heavy.

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #419 of 436
I emailed the audiologist Sensaphonics recommends in Milwaukee David Kloss, and he answered yesterday evening! Fantastic service.

Hope to get there next week or week after that, it will be four hour driving. Looking at full sleeve and think I saw crystal brown was a good color.

Seems that they charge me directly both for their work and the sleeves from Sensaphonics for 200 bucks. Sounds cheap but hopefully it works out fine.

Love the sound of the KSE1500, real true reproduction. Gave my 846 to my wife. Too bass heavy.
Oh nice, aren't the new available colors lovely? Haha...I only had several to choose from at the time I bought the SCS. Now there's glitter colors and the like - snazzy!

It's great that you're going with a person that Sensaphonics recommends! You'll have the best chance to be good to go, for sure!

$200 isn't a bad price at all. Mine were more expensive back in the day. As for driving, 4 hours isn't too bad. I'll be driving to the upcoming San Francisco Head-Fi meet, and that will be about a 7 hour drive. Maybe you can get some yummy food while you are out there.

Looking forward to seeing pics when all is said and done, if you don't mind.

Have fun and good luck!

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #420 of 436
Oh nice, aren't the new available colors lovely? Haha...I only had several to choose from at the time I bought the SCS. Now there's glitter colors and the like - snazzy!

It's great that you're going with a person that Sensaphonics recommends! You'll have the best chance to be good to go, for sure!

$200 isn't a bad price at all. Mine were more expensive back in the day. As for driving, 4 hours isn't too bad. I'll be driving to the upcoming San Francisco Head-Fi meet, and that will be about a 7 hour drive. Maybe you can get some yummy food while you are out there.

Looking forward to seeing pics when all is said and done, if you don't mind.

Have fun and good luck!
Thanks for all help! Will post pics when done!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back