REVIEW: Sennheiser CX280 - CX Series Redefined
Sep 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #31 of 39

Very nice review.. Thank you.
I'm about to put my hands on it.. I'm completely new to Sennheiser products, 'cause here in Brazil their cost is absurd. An average of $ 300,00 each one.
My girlfriend is traveling in Greece right now and I asked her to bring one Sennheiser CX 300, just because Sennheiser reputation, but the only one she found was CX 280, so I told her it's ok.
I'd like to ask kjk1281 the main differences between CX 300 and CX 300, which one do you prefer? Can you, please, make a comparison between these ones?
Thank you so much.

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #32 of 39
Hey damyhonn! Welcome to Head-Fi!

I find the CX280 to be much cleaner sounding than the CX300. The CX300 has more bass and can sound a bit thick. There are times where I feel the CX280's midrange can be a tad distant, while the CX300 can lack air and sound a bit too bloated at times. Out of the two, I definitely prefer the CX280.

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #37 of 39

[size=11pt]Hi.[/size]
[size=11pt]Finally I put my hands (and my ears) on it.[/size]
[size=11pt]My best reference for comparison is my Creative EP-630, which pleases me very much. I own them for about two years.[/size]
[size=11pt]Some posts above I asked kjk1281 to make a comparison between CX280 and CX300 and it has an reason. I've never used any Sennheiser product until now, but I've read in so many forums that EP-630 and CX300 are exactly the same.[/size]

[size=11pt]What I most appreciate in handset is bass. In EP-630 I have enough to my expactations. I love that “punch”. This is the sad part of the story. When kjk1281 told me the main difference between CX280 and CX300, I wondered what was.[/size]

[size=11pt]Well, as soon as I removed my new CX280 from its pack, I put it on my iPod and the chosen song was “Everybody Here Wants You” (Jeff Buckley).[/size]
[size=11pt]The first thing I noticed was the intensity of the volume. In EP-630 the max volume level I can hear without been uncomfortable is about 55%-60%. With CX280, I put it in 75%-80% to get an equal volume value to EP-630.[/size]
[size=11pt]The second thing is that one kjk1281 said, CX280 has a cleaner sound, less but decent bass. Kjk1281’s words were perfect: “[/size][size=10pt]tight, fast, and never bloated bass.”. [/size][size=11pt]But sincerely, I miss EP-630 bass. A particular taste. [/size]
[size=11pt]In an overrall experience CX280 sounds better. Mids and treble are more balanced.[/size]

[size=11pt]I felt more difficulty adjusting silicon tips. I had to put the bigger ones to feel it completely sealed. In EP-630 I use the mid ones.[/size]

[size=11pt]I’ll burn-in them these days and I expect some improvement in sound. [/size]
[size=11pt]As soon as I make it, I’ll tell my impressions.[/size]

[size=11pt]Well, sorry about my english. I made my best.[/size]

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #39 of 39
Can't really do a proper review, but here are  my thoughts on them: (note that I'm not familiar with many audio terms)

They are very comfortable, at times I forget I have them on, the noise isolation is perfect (for me), no need to get the volume loud, all outside noise is very quiet, but you can still hear a bit (if the  music is at a low volume, or not listening to anything - I wear them at school to read -) so you're not completely isolated from the world, which could be dangerous.
For some reason, they're very hard to get entangled, and I reaaally apreciate it.

They sound good, the only downside is that sometimes the "instrument" on the front is very loud, mostly drums or vocals.
The sound is not bassy at all, and the bass (guitar) feels very defined, is not as loud as I'd like it, but sounds really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back