Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback system
Feb 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #361 of 911
Quote:
Ok knock a grand off lol. Speaking of which-do you still feel that the m-Stage is one of the best ss amps for the HD800-and not just for the price?

Back on topic: I'll swap you my DP1 for your Eximus for a couple of weeks if you want. :)

-Daniel

I still think the M-Stage is one of the best affordable HD800 amps. Lots of amps have come to market since then, and some really good ones too. But at $250 or even $350 I can't think of anything better for that particular headphone. So perhaps I'd say it's my favorite up until the Lake People G109 at around $500. The modding potential is icing on the cake.

That's actually a nice offer (swapping) that I would take you up on if I wasn't so stinkin' busy with reviews. It's one thing to do them for fun, but now that I'm a "pro" at InnerFidelity I have certain obligations with borrowed review samples. I'd hate to keep a loaner unit from going to the next reviewer because I was fiddling around with my own stuff just for fun. Ah, the pressures of life.

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #362 of 911
Yeah I'd rather have them both at the same time as to A/B them without concerns about auditory memory. It sounds like the PWII is on par with the Invicta, so I may just try to round up a used one to compare with my DP1. Thanks for the m-Stage comments. :wink:

-Daniel

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #363 of 911
I thought PWDII was about the same as my Anedio D2 when I compared them directly. The Invicta, as it stands now after all the software upgrades, seems better than both. It's come a long way from the pre-production model I initially reviewed, which barely edged out the original Anedio D1. 

Man these things move quickly!

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #364 of 911
I'd have bought an Anedio if I didn't find it so appallingly hideous. On the other hand, it's quite a bit cheaper and I could do an easier A/B then sell it off lol. And I still haven't heard an ESS dac yet, and...damn this place. I just might order one next week. Are they still having all the stock issues as usual?

-Daniel

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #368 of 911
Well, I believe Srajan at 6moons has a legit claim on being first. My review came shortly after that.  There was also another review at Everything Audio Network after mine. You can see the timeline HERE

I pointed this out because that website has a history of claiming "World's First!" when they clearly aren't. They never put a date on their posts, so the casual observer wouldn't have any way of knowing.

It just kind of irks me - if you have a legit claim on an exclusive, then by all means advertise that. But don't slap it on a product that's been released for nearly a year and been reviewed multiple times. A quick Google search would show this to be true. 

Sorry, I'm ranting on this too much. Back to the Invicta!

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #369 of 911
On the subject of Invicta reviews and impressions, when people try to make a play on words with the word Invicta, it ends up miserably sad.  

I've read this once or twice.  

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #374 of 911
Hi folks,

FYI, I wrote a review (my first gear review ever) on the Invicta and posted it here on Head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/products/resonessence-labs-invicta/reviews/8556

Steve

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #375 of 911
Quote:
Hi folks,

FYI, I wrote a review (my first gear review ever) on the Invicta and posted it here on Head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/products/resonessence-labs-invicta/reviews/8556

Steve

Excellent write up Steve! Made me feel like I was right there with you as you enjoyed your new toy. Some of the "pros" out there could take some cues from you. 

Thanks for taking the time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back