REVIEW: Ray Samuels Audio SR-71B balanced portable headphone amp
Jan 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #136 of 226
Fixing to get a SR-71B and am having my DT1350s balanced. I am going to enjoy playing balanced vs. single ended with these.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #137 of 226
Any comparsion of sr71b with continental v2 and triad audio L3 on the single ended connection?

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #138 of 226

Quote:
Any comparsion of sr71b with continental v2 and triad audio L3 on the single ended connection?

Maybe by next weekend if everything comes together at the right time.  Things are now being updated and shipped.

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #139 of 226

Maybe by next weekend if everything comes together at the right time.  Things are now being updated and shipped.

That's just great ! i have the clas solo + continental v2 now as portable .
Treble is abit too sharp for me. wonder if it is because the silver mini to mini and lod cable causing that . may be i should run in the clas solo more as it is very new .

i am very keen to know if there's other amp that could pair well with solo better than continental.

cheers

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #140 of 226
Have you burned in the Continental V2? I would give it 100-300 hours before reaching any conclusions. Hope that it works out.

CLAS + Stepdance or 2Stepdance is spectacular IMHO. Very smooth yet fast and detailed - not at all bright.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #141 of 226

Quote:
Have you burned in the Continental V2? I would give it 100-300 hours before reaching any conclusions. Hope that it works out.

By next weekend I may have the V2 available but certainty not with 300 hours on it. Nor will the iBasso DB2 have any real hours on it, nor will the Silver wire connectors either.  Just out of the box impression is all that I will be able to muster next weekend if everything comes in on time.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #142 of 226

Quote:

CLAS + Stepdance or 2Stepdance is spectacular IMHO. Very smooth yet fast and detailed - not at all bright.

I run the continental V2 with XLO burn in pink noise signal for about 80 hours in total over 2 weeks . I think it should roughly represent 150 hours of music running it. however. Solo is just few hours in use. should I do the same for Solo ?

Thanks for pointing toward stepdance . I will take a look .
I saw couple of head-fi video that jude is pairing CLAS with SR71B so I have an impression the pairing should be good. 

anyways I look forward for your incoming review comparing few portable amp. of my list.
cheers

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #143 of 226
Someone on the previous page asked about SR-71B with Edition 8's.  I'm running a pair of Edition 8's with iPod Touch + CLAS Solo + SR-71B.  Unbelievable combo.  I'm mostly a classic rock and modern rock guy - this rig definitely delivers.  Sometimes I would prefer a little more bass, but that's on the 8's, not the SR-71B.  

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #144 of 226
Quote:
Solo is just few hours in use. should I do the same for Solo ?

It certainly can't hurt. When I say burn in, I don't necessarily mean that you should put it aside for the burn in process. I usually just listen along (although I may allow equipment to keep running while I am away from my music). What I am saying is that if a piece of equipment sounds bright or edgy, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until the components have settled. That requires play time.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #145 of 226
Quote:

By next weekend I may have the V2 available but certainty not with 300 hours on it. Nor will the iBasso DB2 have any real hours on it, nor will the Silver wire connectors either.  Just out of the box impression is all that I will be able to muster next weekend if everything comes in on time.

Look forward to this.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #146 of 226
Does anyone try the ALO Audio Rx MK3 in CES?

How was it compare to this Ray Samuels SR 71B??

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #147 of 226
How long can listen in playback after the SR 71-B is fully charged?

May 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #148 of 226
Quote:
Does anyone try the ALO Audio Rx MK3 in CES?

How was it compare to this Ray Samuels SR 71B??

I'm wondering the exact same thing, I wan't to buy the sr71b, but after discovering the mk3, i want to know which one is best. I heard they are about equal when using balanced, but what about the SE performance between the two? because if the mk3 beats the 71b in SE performance, then i might get mk3 instead. What i really want to see is a stepdance v mk3 v sr71b, anyone?

May 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #149 of 226
Quote:
I'm wondering the exact same thing, I wan't to buy the sr71b, but after discovering the mk3, i want to know which one is best. I heard they are about equal when using balanced, but what about the SE performance between the two? because if the mk3 beats the 71b in SE performance, then i might get mk3 instead. What i really want to see is a stepdance v mk3 v sr71b, anyone?

MK3 is just released. Stay tunes...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609931/alo-audio-rxmkiii-balanced-portable-amplifier-impressions#post_8385291

Users who are viewing this thread

Back