Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Aug 5, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #7,022 of 7,140
I would upgrade to the newest V1.09 personally. As mentioned above, the volume issue is blown out of proportion. I used to listen at level 25-30 out of 60 on V1.08 and now I listen at 50-60 out of 120 on V1.09.
Strongly agree! But, you know me. I thought a lot of things were blown up on this thread. I like the 120-steps.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #7,023 of 7,140
I have just got a QP1R. It has firmware 1.06. Can someone please tell me if I should upgrade to the other firmware? If I do, what are the pros and cons of doing so? Thanks.
I prefer the 1.08 firmware - purely on sound quality. I have tried the 1.09 twice now and both times I feel it adds space and refinement at the expense of PRAT, which is more important to me. At the end of the day why not try them both and decide which you prefer. It's a fairly simple process.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #7,024 of 7,140
My beautiful sounding gold QP1R is on its way to Russia to its new owner. I am left with my brand new gray QP1R and gray QP2R to give me years of good sound with my JH Audio Angie II, 64 Audio A12t and Empire Ears Legend X.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #7,025 of 7,140
My beautiful sounding gold QP1R is on its way to Russia to its new owner. I am left with my brand new gray QP1R and gray QP2R to give me years of good sound with my JH Audio Angie II, 64 Audio A12t and Empire Ears Legend X.

I still have my first one, which was also my first DAP. The battery indicator is A+ and I still get 10+ hours per charge.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #7,026 of 7,140
I still have my first one, which was also my first DAP. The battery indicator is A+ and I still get 10+ hours per charge.

The one I sold started getting the wonky indicator issue and Questyle would not replace the battery as that program ended. For what I got out of the gold, it paid a good chunk of the new price. The new one has an improved wheel (still not as good as QP2R's) and a better battery in it. Incidentally, it was my first DAP too, not counting an iPod.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #7,027 of 7,140
The one I sold started getting the wonky indicator issue and Questyle would not replace the battery as that program ended. For what I got out of the gold, it paid a good chunk of the new price. The new one has an improved wheel (still not as good as QP2R's) and a better battery in it. Incidentally, it was my first DAP too, not counting an iPod.
I meant to ask what you thought of your 64 A12T up against your Angies. I've been reading reviews of their product line, and they sound enticing. But never actually heard them.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #7,028 of 7,140
I meant to ask what you thought of your 64 A12T up against your Angies. I've been reading reviews of their product line, and they sound enticing. But never actually heard them.

I like the A12t with the Apex 15 module installed as it has more bottom end and seems to be airier than Angie up top. I still like Angie, but I like the A12t more. Angie may still be better in the midrange, but the A12t is better overall to my ears.

64 Audio will do loaners if you contact them. They charge 50% to your credit card and refund when they receive the IEM back.

Sep 29, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #7,031 of 7,140
Mine was swapped for the later ones with the sticky thing already installed (not the reason for the swap), but I consider it my first and only QP player. Never a battery issue and I'm getting more time to enjoy using it.

Sep 30, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #7,033 of 7,140
Mine was swapped for the later ones with the sticky thing already installed (not the reason for the swap), but I consider it my first and only QP player. Never a battery issue and I'm getting more time to enjoy using it.

I sold my original QP1R and replaced it with a newer one with the better battery and wheel a couple of months ago, so I guess you can say I swapped mine too.

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #7,034 of 7,140
Hi there,

probably it has already been discussed but I couldn’t find any information. I just got another QP1R and it’s on early FW 1.04 (and with a stiff scroll wheel). I tried to update it to FW 1.09 but the player refused to do that saying that file system is not supported. It’s a 200GB Sandisk formatted in ExFAT. Could the problem be the card size?

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #7,035 of 7,140
Hi there,

probably it has already been discussed but I couldn’t find any information. I just got another QP1R and it’s on early FW 1.04 (and with a stiff scroll wheel). I tried to update it to FW 1.09 but the player refused to do that saying that file system is not supported. It’s a 200GB Sandisk formatted in ExFAT. Could the problem be the card size?

It's more likely you need a card formatted in FAT32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back