Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 25, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #7,037 of 7,140
It needs to be put in the internal memory for it to work.

Not true. I have never put updates in the internal storage.

Hi there,

probably it has already been discussed but I couldn’t find any information. I just got another QP1R and it’s on early FW 1.04 (and with a stiff scroll wheel). I tried to update it to FW 1.09 but the player refused to do that saying that file system is not supported. It’s a 200GB Sandisk formatted in ExFAT. Could the problem be the card size?

Best to use a small capacity SD card like 32 GB and format it as Fat32. It should work then as that is how I always updated the firmware.

Also, since it has older firmware, it might not be a newer QP1R with a slight wheel fix and better battery. My new QP1R came with the latest firmware.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #7,039 of 7,140
The problem was the size of the card (200GB). Updated it with 32GB without issues. Unfortunately the FW 1.09 hasn't rectified the incorrect battery power meter problem. After approximately 8 hours of use it drops to 80% and turns off with empty battery. I can live with that but Questyle ought not to claim that the issue is solved.

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #7,040 of 7,140
Actually I have 3 QP1R DAPs now and none of them is fully functional. The first one's battery level is always 100% and there's nothing within my power to change it. The second one has a functional scroll wheel and it shows correct charge level but one of its microSD slots stopped working also killing the memory card that was inside (I'm using it with a single 400GB card instead of two 200GB now). The third is the one I mentioned in previous posts with a stiff scroll wheel and non linear batery power indicator. Issues, issues and issues but when I'm listening to them I can forgive almost everything for the beautiful sound. In my experience only Dethonray DTR1 has the same reference sound signature for a relatively small amount of money.

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #7,041 of 7,140
Please can someone here assist me. I posted on the QP2r thread but have not received any replies.I have bought a beautiful condition QP2r on eBay and am unable to clear the internal memory of the previous owner's music. When I attach the player to my Mac and click on the ikon the files are not visible, but a control click reveals that there is only about 28GB space left. I have tried resetting the player as well as the format option, but the music is still there! Thanks in advance!

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #7,042 of 7,140
Please can someone here assist me. I posted on the QP2r thread but have not received any replies.I have bought a beautiful condition QP2r on eBay and am unable to clear the internal memory of the previous owner's music. When I attach the player to my Mac and click on the ikon the files are not visible, but a control click reveals that there is only about 28GB space left. I have tried resetting the player as well as the format option, but the music is still there! Thanks in advance!
Maybe the files have been flagged as invisible. There is a free Mac utility called Onyx. Click on this link and choose the version, for your macOS. Install and go to menu option 'Files' and then File 'Visibility'. Once, all files are visible, mount your QP2R and see if the invisible music files are now visible. If so, make sure you only delete music files, as other files may be visible, that are part of the QP2R OS and you don't want to fix one thing and break something else. If it work, return visibility to it's default state. Maybe someone else will come up with something else to try, as well. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #7,043 of 7,140
The QP1R pairs perfectly with AKG K812 headphones!

0110201120_HDR.jpg

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #7,044 of 7,140
Hi
I had QP1R about 2 years ago when I tried IEMs. My main was Westone W80 but I found that onkyo dp-x1 was better sounding for W80. With QP1R AKG K812 was best that I have heard (more than V281+V850 combo and other AMPs/DACs I had including Mojo). I had HE1000 v1 with balances silver dragon cable as such I never tried it with QP1R.

I have got rid of all my gear and resently got Sonoma M1 system which is great sounding. Then I got a used Hifiman HEX V2 and am using with Fiio K17 and I do not have any other (cannot connect to Sonoma system). HEX V2 is even darker with Fiio and I am not getting any good highs. In memory QP1R was the best resolving DAP I had for highs as such was thinking of getting it for HEX V2. Can anyone share or advise? I am looking to elevated highs with HEX V2 and looking for suitable pairing (DAP or portable DAC/AMP)

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #7,045 of 7,140
Hi
I had QP1R about 2 years ago when I tried IEMs. My main was Westone W80 but I found that onkyo dp-x1 was better sounding for W80. With QP1R AKG K812 was best that I have heard (more than V281+V850 combo and other AMPs/DACs I had including Mojo). I had HE1000 v1 with balances silver dragon cable as such I never tried it with QP1R.

I have got rid of all my gear and resently got Sonoma M1 system which is great sounding. Then I got a used Hifiman HEX V2 and am using with Fiio K17 and I do not have any other (cannot connect to Sonoma system). HEX V2 is even darker with Fiio and I am not getting any good highs. In memory QP1R was the best resolving DAP I had for highs as such was thinking of getting it for HEX V2. Can anyone share or advise? I am looking to elevated highs with HEX V2 and looking for suitable pairing (DAP or portable DAC/AMP)

Might give the Lotoo Paw 6000 a look if not the QP1R. I have not heard the IEMs or headphones you are using, so can't comment on that, but the Lotoo Paw 6000 and for more money the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch will have good highs and balance. They are transparent enough that they won't really change the sound signature of your headphones or IEMs.

Feb 17, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #7,046 of 7,140
Might give the Lotoo Paw 6000 a look if not the QP1R. I have not heard the IEMs or headphones you are using, so can't comment on that, but the Lotoo Paw 6000 and for more money the Lotoo Paw Gold Touch will have good highs and balance. They are transparent enough that they won't really change the sound signature of your headphones or IEMs.
Thanks. Paw seems to be much expensive. I will go with QP1R

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #7,047 of 7,140
I purchased the QP1R right after Questyle improved the click wheel, and it is still working perfectly and going strong after the battery indicator fix. Three years and counting!

0223201115.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #7,048 of 7,140
Actually I have 3 QP1R DAPs now and none of them is fully functional. The first one's battery level is always 100% and there's nothing within my power to change it. The second one has a functional scroll wheel and it shows correct charge level but one of its microSD slots stopped working also killing the memory card that was inside (I'm using it with a single 400GB card instead of two 200GB now). The third is the one I mentioned in previous posts with a stiff scroll wheel and non linear batery power indicator. Issues, issues and issues but when I'm listening to them I can forgive almost everything for the beautiful sound. In my experience only Dethonray DTR1 has the same reference sound signature for a relatively small amount of money.

I guess I am lucky. I have had one since February of 2017, and after the battery indicator fix it has worked perfectly.

Mar 21, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #7,050 of 7,140
Strange that I still have the QP1R and enjoying its sound despite it’s annoying problems and lack of support now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back