Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jul 25, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #6,511 of 7,140
Received my repaired unit a couple days ago.

It's really nice to see something other than 100% on the Battery charge indicator. Seems to be working great.

Thanks for all your effort Bruce!

edit: The black wheel cover provides great grip, but could I have one in gold please, as the black one covers the beauty of the gold QP1R.
(just kidding)

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #6,512 of 7,140
Received my repaired unit a couple days ago.

It's really nice to see something other than 100% on the Battery charge indicator. Seems to be working great.

Thanks for all your effort Bruce!

edit: The black wheel cover provides great grip, but could I have one in gold please, as the black one covers the beauty of the gold QP1R.
(just kidding)

Bruce is awesome. When I buy a headphone amp, it will be Questyle. Bruce has convinced me that they stand by their products.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #6,514 of 7,140
Very pleased to hear everyone is enjoying their QP1R and on behalf of the factory, I apologize it took so long to get resolved.

We do stand behind our products and I am very proud of what we have achieved with the company only being on the market for less than 4 years and the QP1R being our very first effort in making a portable product. Personally, I think we did ok! Some here may disagree, but I think the majority of people who have purchased a QP1R would not replace it with any other player, except maybe the QP2R!

I hope you all get years of enjoyment and musical bliss from your QP1R and we will continue to value you, our customers and friends, who have purchased our products.

Cheers,

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #6,515 of 7,140
Very pleased to hear everyone is enjoying their QP1R and on behalf of the factory, I apologize it took so long to get resolved.

We do stand behind our products and I am very proud of what we have achieved with the company only being on the market for less than 4 years and the QP1R being our very first effort in making a portable product. Personally, I think we did ok! Some here may disagree, but I think the majority of people who have purchased a QP1R would not replace it with any other player, except maybe the QP2R!

I hope you all get years of enjoyment and musical bliss from your QP1R and we will continue to value you, our customers and friends, who have purchased our products.

Cheers,

That’s what’s up.

I am praying that you are feeling better very soon.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #6,516 of 7,140

Cheers,

Cheers to you, B2

Quadfather

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #6,517 of 7,140
The QP1R pairs perfectly with AKG K812 headphones!!! OMG...My favorite combo right now.

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #6,518 of 7,140

Cheers,

I for one, am a permanent Questyle DAP customer, and won't abandon my 1R. Maybe upgrade depending on your future DAP releases.

Aug 6, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #6,519 of 7,140
Have purposely stayed off the forum for a bit. I'm a permanent Questyle customer as well. The 1R isn't able to drive my Focal Clear as loud as I'd like so I simply plug it into an iFi Black Label. So the 1R is perfect for my IEM's and I can go portable with full-size cans as well. I've developed some GAS recently and I'm torn between a CMA600i-S and the RME ADI-2 DAC. The other question is whether I'd see a significant improvement from the QP1R/iFi, PC/iFi to a dedicated desktop?

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #6,520 of 7,140
If Questyle fixed the 1.0.9 firmare that introduced an approximate 20% reduction if volume for 1.0.8, then it might drive your Focal Clear.

Although Maurice has mentioned it to Questyle, nothing has been said on here as to whether they are going to fix it.

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #6,521 of 7,140
If Questyle fixed the 1.0.9 firmare that introduced an approximate 20% reduction if volume for 1.0.8, then it might drive your Focal Clear.

Although Maurice has mentioned it to Questyle, nothing has been said on here as to whether they are going to fix it.
I wasn't a fan of the 1.09 volume stepping and swapped back to 1.08 within days. The 1R does drive the Clears "adequately." However, after spending the money on the Focal's...I wanted to be able to get more punch than the QP1R was able to provide. The ifi BL does that in spades on the Normal setting. When I stack the 1R with the ifi using the Clears, I find myself staring at the resulting "brick" in disbelief that the entire setup is actually portable, and I could just walk out the door with it. Of course with IEM's...the QP1R alone is the best option available B4B.

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #6,523 of 7,140
I wasn't a fan of the 1.09 volume stepping and swapped back to 1.08 within days. The 1R does drive the Clears "adequately." However, after spending the money on the Focal's...I wanted to be able to get more punch than the QP1R was able to provide. The ifi BL does that in spades on the Normal setting. When I stack the 1R with the ifi using the Clears, I find myself staring at the resulting "brick" in disbelief that the entire setup is actually portable, and I could just walk out the door with it. Of course with IEM's...the QP1R alone is the best option available B4B.
I agree, the Black Label is an amazing piece of engineering, and is able to drive most all headphones in the market with aplomb.

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #6,524 of 7,140
I agree, the Black Label is an amazing piece of engineering, and is able to drive most all headphones in the market with aplomb.
At some point, I'll do a side by side with the Black Label and the new RME. Out of the box, the 2 DAC seems to have more of an analog characteristic to it. That was using Tidal Desktop though. I'm still trying to get foobar up and running for the new USB output settings. Now that my ears have adjusted a bit I'm going to link the QP1R to the RME using SPDIF input on the DAC. When I did yesterday, everything was a bit overwhelming and made it difficult to just relax and enjoy the music.
With the 1R/BL combo...I'm surprised that I haven't strained my neck yet, from the serious headbanging that happens EVERY TIME I listen to it...lol :L3000:

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #6,525 of 7,140
At some point, I'll do a side by side with the Black Label and the new RME. Out of the box, the 2 DAC seems to have more of an analog characteristic to it. That was using Tidal Desktop though. I'm still trying to get foobar up and running for the new USB output settings. Now that my ears have adjusted a bit I'm going to link the QP1R to the RME using SPDIF input on the DAC. When I did yesterday, everything was a bit overwhelming and made it difficult to just relax and enjoy the music.
With the 1R/BL combo...I'm surprised that I haven't strained my neck yet, from the serious headbanging that happens EVERY TIME I listen to it...lol :L3000:
RME? Was is dasz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back