Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jul 16, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #6,481 of 7,140
I would love if it could play through folders, not too sure why a player that expensive doesn't have this rather basic feature???

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #6,482 of 7,140
I would love if it could play through folders, not too sure why a player that expensive doesn't have this rather basic feature???

I have artist folders with album folders inside of them and go to browse files

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #6,484 of 7,140
I've edited my last post. I shouldn't have put the % sign after the 30 and 60. I meant the volume level of 30 with 1.0.8 and 60 with 1.0.9.
I edited my original response with your edits.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #6,485 of 7,140
I have artist folders with album folders inside of them and go to browse files
So there is no way that when a folder is finished playing, it goes on to play the next folder automatically, one has got to browse to the next folder, is this correct?

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #6,486 of 7,140
Hi

Sorry to hijack the question, butt I've been wondering the same about Shure se846? These should drive really easily , right? But I often have to go to over 90 in low gain to hey a decent volume / enough oomph!
Even on low gain, SE846+QP1R at volume level 90 will blow your eardrums out. Seriously - be careful with your hearing - science knows no way of regenerating cilia once they're dead. If you're really listening to the QP1R at volume level 90 with the SE846, you either have serious hearing problems, or you very soon will have.

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #6,487 of 7,140
So there is no way that when a folder is finished playing, it goes on to play the next folder automatically, one has got to browse to the next folder, is this correct?

Not sure, I listen to entire albums at a time and I've never use playlists or Shuffle. Sometimes after Slayer or Lamb of God I'm in the mood for some Allan Holdsworth or some blues... maybe some classical. I jump around a lot...

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #6,488 of 7,140
Not sure, I listen to entire albums at a time and I've never use playlists or Shuffle. Sometimes after Slayer or Lamb of God I'm in the mood for some Allan Holdsworth or some blues... maybe some classical. I jump around a lot...
OK, thanks, I can't see a way to do it, not a simple one anyway.

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #6,489 of 7,140
Even on low gain, SE846+QP1R at volume level 90 will blow your eardrums out. Seriously - be careful with your hearing - science knows no way of regenerating cilia once they're dead. If you're really listening to the QP1R at volume level 90 with the SE846, you either have serious hearing problems, or you very soon will have.

Thanks for the advice. It's only the odd album (mastered with low volume) that the dial goes up, but as others have pointed out old FW 30, does not appear to equal new FW 60 with regards to volume.

I know the SE846 are low impedance, as I understand it I should not use any gain because it could damage them - is that correct?

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #6,490 of 7,140

Unless it's a double album, why would you need to? As above, surely after an album, it's good to pick another album or folder?

Maybe I don't get it, because I come from an age where I had to walk one side of room to other, and turn the record over. Each six songs!!!!

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #6,491 of 7,140

I would imagine there would be repeat settings in play settings. When I get my player back, I will play around with it and try to find a solution.

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #6,492 of 7,140
Unless it's a double album, why would you need to? As above, surely after an album, it's good to pick another album or folder?

Maybe I don't get it, because I come from an age where I had to walk one side of room to other, and turn the record over. Each six songs!!!!

Well I just love that feature on other players I have, especially when I am out and about and it just carries on playing what's next.

I know all about LPs playback and the whole ritual of changing sides midway btw, it took me several years before I partially switched to CDs in the early nineties, then fully later on.

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #6,493 of 7,140
Thanks for the advice. It's only the odd album (mastered with low volume) that the dial goes up, but as others have pointed out old FW 30, does not appear to equal new FW 60 with regards to volume.

I know the SE846 are low impedance, as I understand it I should not use any gain because it could damage them - is that correct?
I wouldn't worry about damaging the SE846. They're pretty robust little headphones and I've never heard of anybody damaging them by playing their music too loud. Your ears would get damaged long before the SE846. The SE846 sound great with the QP1R - just bear in mind you may hear a little bit of a noise floor (hiss) via the QP1R. Some people are sensitive to that sort of thing, so just a heads-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back