Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Sep 14, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #6,541 of 7,140
Has anybody heard how Bruce is feeling lately?

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #6,542 of 7,140
Just today got my third QP1R, two times replaced because of the battery indicator. Really curious if this time the guy will work properly..

I got my battery indicator fixed, and it’s been perfect ever since. Thanks to Matt at SCV!

However, the only issue that has occurred is that now on / off button doesn’t “click”, it still works but you can’t feel it being pressed.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #6,544 of 7,140
I was mulling over whether I should send my unit back for fixing the indicator which didn't go below 86% anymore when one morning I found it unexpectedly completely flat out of battery. I put it to charge and behold, it indicated zero percent! It's been through a few playback and recharging cycles since and it seems the indicator works as expected again. Hopefully it'll stay like that.

Btw the MEE Audio M6 Pro carry case is a perfect fit for storing and/or carrying the player around along with all its accessories as well as a microfiber cloth or two.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #6,545 of 7,140
I have a Questyle DAP, QP1R that I use to feed FLAC files via optical to my HUGO2 for listening at night with Empire Ears IEM. Last night I decided to volume match the direct output from the DAP with the HUGO and compare the same selections. To my surprise to my ears, there was little difference between the SQ. The DAP sounds a bit clearer and the HUGO more laid back. I expected a much greater difference but both sounded great. Has anyone else compared these two?

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #6,546 of 7,140
I have a Questyle DAP, QP1R that I use to feed FLAC files via optical to my HUGO2 for listening at night with Empire Ears IEM. Last night I decided to volume match the direct output from the DAP with the HUGO and compare the same selections. To my surprise to my ears, there was little difference between the SQ. The DAP sounds a bit clearer and the HUGO more laid back. I expected a much greater difference but both sounded great. Has anyone else compared these two?
Not directly. But, noticed that the QP was reasonably like the H2's clear sound. I don't mind leaving H2 at home when out with the Questyle.

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #6,548 of 7,140
Any only slight information on an fw update on this gem of a player?
Oh, I doubt there'll be any more updates. The only feature I ever gave a damn about wasn't even attempted. Everyone's silly visual issues over screw**g battery watching. But making the unit more convenient to use, such as folder play-through for example; Nada. If you people can't get a feel about how much time you have used or have left to use it, well, I'm done.

Oct 11, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #6,549 of 7,140
Does anybody hear use their Questyle QP1R with AKG K812 headphones?

Oct 27, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #6,551 of 7,140
My third QP1R, two times replaced units, finally works perfectly considering battery indication.
Although it never was a major problem for me with not being able to depend on the indicator, I now enjoy the appropriate battery level showing.
Just a little more convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back