Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 17, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #4,726 of 7,140
Here's the next installment of taste showdowns, this time a comparison of the most expensive regular size tea drinks at a Japanese market!

Here are the contenders:

From left to right:

Suntory Tokucha Caffeine Zero - $3.39
Suntory Kuro Black Oolong Cha Tea - $3.19
*Kirin Gogo No Kocha Setouchi Kanitsu (Citrus Tea) - $2.49
*Kirin Gogo Koucha Kodawari Peach Tea - $2.24
*Kirin Goko No Kohcha Lemon Tea - $2.19
Karada Meguri Cha Tea - $2.19

The ones with stars are automatically disqualified and returned to the store since the starred either contain high fructose corn syrup or Sucralose.

Here are the remaining three contenders:

The winner is:

From left to right:

A tie between the least expensive (but still expensive) Meguri Cha Tea, and the most expensive Suntory Tokucha Caffeine Zero! The Meguri tastes great because of the slightly fruity taste; a lighter take on oolong tea, green tea, infused with Chinese wolfberry, Korean ginseng, and other exciting flavors.

The Tokucha tastes great because it exudes a rustic, hearty taste, but it isn't too strong like the Kuro, but tastes like a quality drink, with ingredients such as barley, adlay, senna tea, shiitake mushrooms, polished rice, and more!

The Kuro is only good if you must have oolong tea in a quick-to-drink package.

All while listening to the Sensaphonics 3D AARO 3D-2 "fully aural" system and eating tanuki udon with mini niku don. Scrumptious...anyone around the area (So. Cal), let me know, and I may treat you!

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #4,729 of 7,140
Anyone get a chance to listen to the QP1R with the new JH Lola's? Impressions?

There was at least a few that listened to the combination at CanJam SoCal 2017. The Lola surprised me in a couple of ways -- hopefully I'll be able to discuss more about it, and in comparison with the Layla, in the near future.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,730 of 7,140

There was at least a few that listened to the combination at CanJam SoCal 2017. The Lola surprised me in a couple of ways -- hopefully I'll be able to discuss more about it, and in comparison with the Layla, in the near future.

I'd also be interested in your impressions against the Angie.  From what little I know of the Lola, it has the same number of drivers as the Angies, with the changup in the mids.  Unless the other BAs have been modified in the Lolas, I'm guessing Angie would be a more apt comparison than the 12-driver Laylas.
Just my thoughts Moe.  What do you think?

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #4,731 of 7,140
I'd also be interested in your impressions against the Angie.  From what little I know of the Lola, it has the same number of drivers as the Angies, with the changup in the mids.  Unless the other BAs have been modified in the Lolas, I'm guessing Angie would be a more apt comparison than the 12-driver Laylas.
Just my thoughts Moe.  What do you think?

It really depends, especially since the Lola's sound signature can change dramatically with use of the bass pots, and is the only Siren Series C/IEM thus far to make it so 200Hz and below, to not be implemented if the bass pots are set too low. I would say the Lola with the bass pots turned up aren't like either the Layla or Angie sound signature-wise, but possibly other C/IEMs in JH's stable that I've listened to.

Cheers

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #4,732 of 7,140
I didn't listen to the Lola's( line was too long) just the Layla's and have to say very impressed. They did everything right. I just wish Empire Ears were there also the new Noble K10's were on par with them also.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4,734 of 7,140
Apr 22, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #4,736 of 7,140
And what did you find as compared to the QP1R??

What about the Lartoo Paw Gold? Didn't see these in the comparative review at the beginning of this thread.

Some have been updated as the thread went along, partly because adding to the main review now is very difficult as I need to utilize a very powerful computer with no tasks running in order to update as it can take 20 seconds just to add a letter (seriously).

Check out an update in the near future that I'll have in the main review that will highlight specific DAPs. What you can do now though, is check the thread (search/read) as I know that the PAW Gold has been discussed multiple times before.

Cheers

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #4,738 of 7,140
@erictioh - I'm not able to quote/reply your message via mobile yet (Head-Fi in transition) - I would be interested in reading others' thoughts as well, since I personally enjoy the sound of the player on its own more than the USB DAC. If you are ever at a CanJam, I would like to listen to both your DAC and the player itself.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4,739 of 7,140
@erictioh - I'm not able to quote/reply your message via mobile yet (Head-Fi in transition) - I would be interested in reading others' thoughts as well, since I personally enjoy the sound of the player on its own more than the USB DAC. If you are ever at a CanJam, I would like to listen to both your DAC and the player itself.

Hi moedawg140,

Unfortunately i'm at another side of the planet :).

apart from that i would also like to report 2 issues:

1. If i don't stop the playing but unplug the headphone jack directly (either line out/phone out). About 40-50% of chance the player will not be able to play correctly (will just stuck and not able to start playing) the next time (before i restarted the player) i re-plug it back. I still unable to find a consistent clue that simulated this issue.

2. While playing (via the player itself by selecting a track in memory card), plug in the usb to engage DAC mode, the player will sounded crackling until you restart the player. Well this is pretty consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back